Notices
Lighting HID/Xenon kits, Retrofits and Associated Topics

Osram Nightbreakers, phillips crystal vision ultra, or phillips x-treme power?

Old 11-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Osram Nightbreakers or Phillips x-treme power--->Installed with Review

I have found a lot of good info on the various halogen bulbs offered for our cars and it seems that the phillips x-treme power is the best bang for the buck bulb...producing the brightest light. Right now I have sylvania silverstars in my EM1. I like the bright white look but could use a little brighter light. I am leaning towards the xtreme powers' but would like the output to look a bit more white/blueish. Not to sound rice-ish, I just prefer the look on the road. I haven't heard much about the phillips crystal vision ultras or the osram nightbreakers. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Installed the Phillips XP's. Pics and review below (Compared to Sylvania Silverstars).

Last edited by mugen si; 12-10-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Osram Nightbreakers, phillips crystal vision ultra, or phillips x-treme power?

i have the xtremes and i like them, and they were super cheap when i got them.

they dont have really have any sort of blue tint in them though. theyre more of a white white, with a tiny hint of yellowness.. overall though im very happy with them, much brighter than stock and not too bright where im blinding people.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Osram Nightbreakers, phillips crystal vision ultra, or phillips x-treme power?

any pics?
Old 12-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by geneeunit
i have the xtremes and i like them, and they were super cheap when i got them.

they dont have really have any sort of blue tint in them though. theyre more of a white white, with a tiny hint of yellowness.. overall though im very happy with them, much brighter than stock and not too bright where im blinding people.
Thanks for the info. I am leaning towards the X-treme Powers, the yellow tint is just holding me back. A yellow standard light seems to put more strain on my eyes than a bright white/ tad blue-ish tint. My second choice is the Osram Night Breakers. These two are suppose to be the "best for the buck" and brightest halogen available. I like the blue-ish tint that they have, but don't want this to sacrifice brightness. Will i notice a big difference in brightness with either of these two bulbs compared to my silverstars?
Old 12-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by miguey310
any pics?
Here's two pictures I found from another site. In both pics: The night breaker is on the left and the x-treme power is on the right. They are pretty comparable while on the dims, but very different when the brights come on. The night breakers look brighter with the brights on... but i think once they are actually shinning down the road, the blue-ish tint will affect the overall brightness output of the bulb and the x-treme power will come out ahead
Attached Images   
Old 12-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how much are the philips x-treme power?
Old 12-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Decided to pull the trigger on a set of phillips x-treme power bulbs. I heard just as many good things about the Night breakers as I did about the X-treme powers, but the life span of the Osrams seem to be just under a year. I ordered them from powerbulbs.com for $30...best price I found. They also included a free set of phillips blue vision side lights.

Ill try to get a comparison pic up of the x-treme powers vs the silverstars once I get them installed.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

they ship to US? I see the prices in Euros..
Old 12-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

they sure do. shipping is free world wide. type in this promotional code (AYSCX1729) for 10% off.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just got the Phillips X-treme Power's installed. Below are a few comparison shots of the X-treme Powers(Driver Side) compared to the Sylvania Silverstars(Passenger Side).

After a test drive, I'm not too impressed with the Phillips XP's. I feel the the Silverstars shined farther down the road and were brighter with the high beams on. I am not thrilled at all with the XP's with the brights on. Although they do have exceptionally bright Dims.

Final Thoughts: If you spend alot of your time driving at night with the low beams on, get a set of Phillips XP's. If you do alot of traveling at night and utilize your birghts all the time, as I do, chose something else. My next set may have to be a set of Osram NightBreakers...I just wish they lasted longer.
Attached Images    

Last edited by mugen si; 12-10-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:01 PM
New User

i think my next set of bulbs will be nightbreakers as well