Lighting HID/Xenon kits, Retrofits and Associated Topics

JDM Yellow Head Lights, Corners and Bumper lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 07:06 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM Yellow Head Lights, Corners and Bumper lights

Sorry for the long title...

I have a 90 Ef sedan and i recently ordered brand new bumper lenses and corner lights, all of which are clear. I've seen people paint them amber but i was curious as to what paint they would use. I've used yellow stained glass spray paint but it doesnt quite get that amber look to it. I've seen red being used before but i dont want to mess up my set.

another question, i've seen "jmd yellow head light bulbs", anyone have these or have any input on them? What about the JDM yellow spray paint? its a retarded name for paint but the color looks good.

anyone with pix of their front end light color schemes?
Old 02-25-2009, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Yellow Head Lights, Corners and Bumper lights

i have yellow bulbs in my high beams for my integra. looks pretty cool. they are the nokya hyper yellow bulbs.. i would much rather put in a yellow bulb than maybe mess up my headlights spray paintiing them. and you jus bought new ones so go with the bulbs.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by blitzone1
i have yellow bulbs in my high beams for my integra. looks pretty cool. they are the nokya hyper yellow bulbs.. i would much rather put in a yellow bulb than maybe mess up my headlights spray paintiing them. and you jus bought new ones so go with the bulbs.
the funny thing is that when i first got this EF, it had clears (bumper and corners) and it had amber bulbs all around. well for some reason i painted the corners and bumpers, removed the colored bulbs (lost em) and now im back with all clears haha. but with clear lights? no thank you,

so i've also been looking into some yellow bulbs for my head lights, well i'de like to have them on my high beams but i havent figured out how to have my high beams independent of my low beams. i have a switch and some wiring laying around im sure i can rig them up straight to the battery with a fuse and switch. then that will disable the stupid signal lever pulling.

i have yellow/amber fogs, amber side markers, so i'de like to have some amber lenses everywhere else just to "match". i think it would look funny with clears and ambers mixed together.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

krylon glass paint works and you can get it to an amber color if you layer it a couple times but i wouldnt recommend it try using film tint im working on my fogs right now and it looks much better then paint i'll get pics up
Old 03-02-2009, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

woudlnt they just be regular yellow headlight bulbs? i dont think its really JDM lol
Old 06-30-2013, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have low and high yellow beams, i love them and have gotten lots of compliments, even from my corvette driving honda hating cousin. theyre very bad a** and i recomend them to u since youre not from tucson az, hardly anyone here has them. im going to use the transparent spray paint mentioned here cuz i have a set of clear bumper lenses, and i was searching for some for sale already yelliwed with no luck