Notices
Lighting HID/Xenon kits, Retrofits and Associated Topics

HID retrofit club

Old 04-25-2005, 08:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: HID retrofit club :P (Alexander)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Alexander &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wonder, if we used the outer lens cover from those aftermarket "Black Housing Halo" headlights on ebay... The headlights are probably crap, but the outer lens cover is apparently completely clear? Wonder if we could just swap it on... but they probably wouldn't sell just the outer lens.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hmm interesting idear.. but think of what you can do with a dremel, some silicone, and a piece of glass. hint hint
Old 04-26-2005, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HID retrofit club :P (Alexander)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Alexander &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wonder, if we used the outer lens cover from those aftermarket "Black Housing Halo" headlights on ebay... The headlights are probably crap, but the outer lens cover is apparently completely clear? Wonder if we could just swap it on... but they probably wouldn't sell just the outer lens.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

you can try it but i know sometimes those aftermarket headlights, the lense turn yellow after awhile. dunno, if you try it, let me know
Old 04-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Re: HID retrofit club :P (XDEep)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by XDEep &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ya i wanted to keep the stock bezel ring so i left the long mounting holes and mounted mine from behind.

lining mine up with the bracket simply does not make it straight for some reason. im counterclockwise about 1-2degrees on the bracket.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You should not have needed to mount them from behind. I mounted mine in front and they turned out great:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by XDEep &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i want mine to be as straight as his damnit!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

not possible, unfortunately, with Hella bi-xenon projectors.

The problem is a combination of the overall clarity of the plastic lens, the distance of the lens from the projector, and the projector's characteristics themselves (i.e. the dull metal reflector bowl instead of mirror chromed). I guarantee you those 3 little lines across the lens are not affecting the cutoff or output barely at all, if any.

Best thing you can do would be to wetsand and polish the lenses to get them as crystal clear as possible, or if you want to go all out, get the Hella projector's reflector bowls chrome-plated. I have thought about doing this myself, if I can find a place to do it.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

**Attention those not in the retrofit club but want to be**

I've been really busy lately and have lost track of who had IM'd me and all that. If you have IM'd me about the club, please IM me again. Or IM me if you never have. I'm trying to keep track of the member numbers here.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'll be joining this crew very soon, just ordered these

i'll post pics as i move along in the project.

need some recommendations from you guys

i got a FBP EM1, i don't want to use my stock housings, i want to buy another pair (so i don't ruin the stock ones and can go back for "whatever" reason..)

i was thinking of buying these, any thoughts/comments??

or these

i'm thinking about the black ION cuz my car is FBP, but i have polished Si rims. . . so i'm debating on which headlight to get.. stay chrome or get the black?

NEED UR OPINIONS GUYS
Old 04-28-2005, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SeanJohn1802)

Dan bro, go with a projector TYC headlights, those will required some big shrouds and sometime it doesn't look good, but whatever u like to work with those look pimping
Old 04-28-2005, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would not use headlight lenses w/ any kind of coating on them. The idea is to get the most light possible, and any lens coatings only reduces the light that escapes from the headlight housing.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (latindc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by latindc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> TYC headlights </TD></TR></TABLE>

seen those and i don't like them . . not my taste.. i had projectors once... and i'm glad i got rid of them lol, but thanks for offerin the idea.

i think it'll look pretty good with shrouds.. this guy got his from a benz (he thinks)

link to his thread https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1166131

i might not even get shrouds, i'm not sure. . . i was going to ask. . where is a good place to get some shrouds besides ebay?

Modified by SeanJohn1802 at 8:21 PM 4/28/2005
Old 04-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PatrickGSR94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PatrickGSR94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would not use headlight lenses w/ any kind of coating on them. The idea is to get the most light possible, and any lens coatings only reduces the light that escapes from the headlight housing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

do you think those lens coatings are enough to make a difference vs. regular?
Old 04-30-2005, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My setup:
E55's, Phillips 4300k bulbs, Denso balasts (nothing special on a teg) . You can hear the wine of the balasts when they warm up.

Startup video.
http://www.we-todd-did-racing....DE%3D

I have a spare set of headlights so I might sell these and do another retrofit with better projectors.

Driveway is sloped downwards so that's why they're aimed high.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SeanJohn1802 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i might not even get shrouds, i'm not sure. . . i was going to ask. . where is a good place to get some shrouds besides ebay?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

You will definitely need shrouds if you use any kinds of European-made projector (Bosch, Hella, etc.) that have the lens suspended out in front with just support arms and open all around the sides. You wouldn't need shrouds if you use an enclosed projector like S2000's or TSX's (Japanese-made projectors), but it would look alot better with a shroud anyway. If you don't want to try to find an OEM shroud/bezel, you can make them from all sorts of items. People on HIDplanet make them from PVC plumbing fittings, stainless coffee mugs, etc.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well patrick, after much consideration, i'll be using my stock headlamp assemblies for the retrofit.

as for shrouds, well as you see above i got e46 projectors. i would LOVE to have s2000 projectors (i would gladly trade str8 over for them)

so shrouds a must
Old 05-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How do you guys mount projectors into housings that are originally non-projector type i.e. civics, preludes, etc.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

those are the shrouds i'm bidding on, is that as far enough back as i need to go or what? i'm not too clear on this
Old 05-03-2005, 03:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PatrickGSR94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PatrickGSR94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I think the projectors are the same, just with a RHD cutoff. I'm betting that you could open up the headlights and simply swap out the shield for an S2000 shield.

Actually that's for the JDM OEM HID headlights.</TD></TR></TABLE>

*BUZZER*

The JDM OEM HID shields are actually the same as USDM Integra halogen housings.

Old 05-03-2005, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (oemDC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oemDC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How do you guys mount projectors into housings that are originally non-projector type i.e. civics, preludes, etc.</TD></TR></TABLE>

^^^ Anyone?
Old 05-03-2005, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Gatecrasher21AF)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Gatecrasher21AF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

*BUZZER*

The JDM OEM HID shields are actually the same as USDM Integra halogen housings.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can't confirm that the shields are the same but the reflector bowls aren't. Putting a PnP hid kit just won't cut it
Old 05-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ambiguousasn)

does anyone wanna do a retrofit for my 97 civic i have monneeyyy!!
Old 05-04-2005, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CaliEk4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CaliEk4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does anyone wanna do a retrofit for my 97 civic i have monneeyyy!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

if you have all the parts needed. . i can help you. i'll be doing my hopefully next weekend
Old 05-04-2005, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (oemDC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oemDC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How do you guys mount projectors into housings that are originally non-projector type i.e. civics, preludes, etc.</TD></TR></TABLE>
with lots of time, hacking & cursing like i did on my sol these last 3 days
Old 05-06-2005, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (velocity)

bump because i want to join the club!

Old 05-07-2005, 04:19 AM
Snipper Snapper

Default Re: (velocity)

more to come
Old 05-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (99SlammedCivic)

I have a 95 integra and have been searching for a projector to retrofit into my headlights... the s2ks are too dam expensive do besides the s2k's what arethe next best projectors out there that would work fairly easy with an integra headlight housing? thanks
Old 05-07-2005, 02:07 PM

i have an extra set of projector lenses from my Audi S4 if anyone is interested. email me dbearhannah@hotmail.com

Modified by Four Door LS VTEC at 2:01 PM 5/8/2005
Old 05-08-2005, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (xtremeness101)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xtremeness101 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a 95 integra and have been searching for a projector to retrofit into my headlights... the s2ks are too dam expensive do besides the s2k's what arethe next best projectors out there that would work fairly easy with an integra headlight housing? thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HID retrofit club