Notices
Lighting HID/Xenon kits, Retrofits and Associated Topics

HID retrofit club

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 03:03 PM
NrG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my ballast finially came in. Now i'm all ready to retrofit! This crap is so expansive. over 800 in the pic lol
Old 04-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (NrG)

That should be one sweet retrofit however, I've heard that the newer style s2k headlights' projectors aren't as good as the older style. Just thought you'd like to know but that is nice!

If you decide to sell the silver shrouds around the s2k projector, let me know. Thanks!
Old 04-07-2005, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NrG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my ballast finially came in. Now i'm all ready to retrofit! This crap is so expansive. over 800 in the pic lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you serious, you only paid 800 for all that? 2 brand new headlights from Nissan and 2 S2000 headlights and 2 ballasts? jeez that should cost like a couple G's.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PatrickGSR94)

I would definitely get some 3m clear bra/ lumin-x for the headlights. They are brand new, you might as well protect them.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HID retrofit club :P (PatrickGSR94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PatrickGSR94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">&lt;-- must take off bumper soon to wetsand headlights and use new Porter Cable buffer on them. </TD></TR></TABLE>

pat, you think it will help our beam pattern?

cuz neko's headlights looked damn clear, and his beam pattern looks just like it does through the s2k headlights. ..
Old 04-07-2005, 08:21 PM
NrG

Default Re: (PatrickGSR94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ambiguousasn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That should be one sweet retrofit however, I've heard that the newer style s2k headlights' projectors aren't as good as the older style. Just thought you'd like to know but that is nice!

If you decide to sell the silver shrouds around the s2k projector, let me know. Thanks!</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea, i've heard the same. Although most on hidplanet says it's very hard to even tell the difference. I'll be doing a washer mod because i'm a ricer. Plus I picked up these housing for super awesome deal. 210 shipped from a honda-tech member.

shrouds will be up for sale... on ebay!! haha

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PatrickGSR94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Are you serious, you only paid 800 for all that? 2 brand new headlights from Nissan and 2 S2000 headlights and 2 ballasts? jeez that should cost like a couple G's.</TD></TR></TABLE>

headlights 182 each (nissan oem wholesale price). s2k lights 210 shipped, bulbs 60 shipped from an h-t member. ballast are 180 shipped from hidplanet member.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ambiguousasn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would definitely get some 3m clear bra/ lumin-x for the headlights. They are brand new, you might as well protect them.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm thinking about using that my bumper and headlight. But those clear bra always change the shade of the paint. But I dont think it will change much on a dupont steal gray paint job
Old 04-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NrG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I'm thinking about using that my bumper and headlight. But those clear bra always change the shade of the paint. But I dont think it will change much on a dupont steal gray paint job </TD></TR></TABLE>

i don't think he ment put it on your paint bro.. i think he ment getting that material and covering the new housing in it.. to protect it from rock chips and scratches..
Old 04-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NrG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm thinking about using that my bumper and headlight. But those clear bra always change the shade of the paint. But I dont think it will change much on a dupont steal gray paint job </TD></TR></TABLE>

The highest quality stuff isn't supposed to fade or dull or yellow or affect the paint's appearance or anything. I saw some on a blue IS300 a few years back and you could only barely tell it was even there.

Wish I had it on my front bumper, I went a long time w/o being able to use my front end mask, and now my front bumper is already chipped to hell (painted back in July).

Has anybody seen any of the 3M clear headlight protectors that are custom fit for Integra headlights?
Old 04-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Interested in purchasing or paying some to do a Retro fit S2K projector in a EG headlight with projectors. This are the headlights that I am talking about just so you know.

If anyone knows anyone that can do a good job, please PM me or have them PM me.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Interested in purchasing or paying some to do a Retro fit S2K projector in a EG headlight with projectors. This are the headlights that I am talking about just do you know.

If anyone knows anyone that can do a good job, please PM me or have them PM me.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:28 PM

Default Re: (ME SO FST)

i would definitely test those films before purchasing. the glue residue is not visible on painted surfaces, but when on a lens, it can be magnified greatly.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:24 PM
NrG

So I picked up a dremel because I dont have my air tools with me to cut this bitch.
This is what i find in my box:

some dip **** returned this and walmart put it back on the shelves..
Anyways, i'm half way done:

full writeup on hidplanet soon
Old 04-11-2005, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i got a littl problem w/my hids', when i turn them on 1 of them flicker's 3-4 times then just turn off?

what do you think is the problem? loose wire?
Old 04-11-2005, 03:53 PM

soooo........i have an eg headlights. Do i have to use some ricey projectors?? how will the retrofit look in my OEM headlights. any pics or examples or experiences?? because im holding up on buying this TL kit until i can get an idea. Im also looking at the mccullough 5000k because plug and play seems so simple. But i want the beam to be on point. not to look like some cheap headlights or HID system
Old 04-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Pworld)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pworld &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">soooo........i have an eg headlights. Do i have to use some ricey projectors?? how will the retrofit look in my OEM headlights. any pics or examples or experiences?? because im holding up on buying this TL kit until i can get an idea. Im also looking at the mccullough 5000k because plug and play seems so simple. But i want the beam to be on point. not to look like some cheap headlights or HID system</TD></TR></TABLE>

You don't have to use "some ricey projectors". You can use the JDM or OEM housing but they do not have clear lenses and this will not only affect the color but also the output as you can see from some of the pictures with the integra headlights. If you want an OEM style light - try to find some OEM style with clear lenses on ebay.
That way you won't have "ricey projectors" but with this or oem housings, to retain a high beam you'll need bi xenon projectors (TL, Hella, ZKW, Bosch etc etc). I personally would rather go with a Denji projector and use a tsx or s2k projector. This would be a very simple install in terms of HID retrofits.
Please don't look any further into those aftermarket plug and play kits! They are crap - die quickly, shitty output, they glare!!!.
You can purchase an aftermarket wiring harness that plugs into your OEM harness then runs to your HID ballasts - (you should actually do this or make one yourself to be safe). This would save you the trouble of splicing into the stock harness.
Hope that helps
Old 04-11-2005, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ambiguousasn)

IMHO the newer TCY projectors look alot nicer than the Denji-style headlights. They have a style like the 04-up S2000's, which looks really nice to me. Some small projectors like Valeos should work great in those.

NrG have you talked to MTK Kommander? He did the exact same retro when he had his 240SX. He had a Bosch E46 retro before those, though, on his 240.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: (ambiguousasn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ambiguousasn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You don't have to use "some ricey projectors". You can use the JDM or OEM housing but they do not have clear lenses and this will not only affect the color but also the output as you can see from some of the pictures with the integra headlights. If you want an OEM style light - try to find some OEM style with clear lenses on ebay.
That way you won't have "ricey projectors" but with this or oem housings, to retain a high beam you'll need bi xenon projectors (TL, Hella, ZKW, Bosch etc etc). I personally would rather go with a Denji projector and use a tsx or s2k projector. This would be a very simple install in terms of HID retrofits.
Please don't look any further into those aftermarket plug and play kits! They are crap - die quickly, shitty output, they glare!!!.
You can purchase an aftermarket wiring harness that plugs into your OEM harness then runs to your HID ballasts - (you should actually do this or make one yourself to be safe). This would save you the trouble of splicing into the stock harness.
Hope that helps </TD></TR></TABLE>

good looking out, good info.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: (SilverDc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SilverDc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i got a littl problem w/my hids', when i turn them on 1 of them flicker's 3-4 times then just turn off?

what do you think is the problem? loose wire?</TD></TR></TABLE>

loose connection or inadequate size power wire. my passenger did that except it kept flickering nonstop. replaced the 14-16ga battery wire with some 10-12ga and it fixed it.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HID retrofit club :P (XxSOHCDriVerxX)

Old 04-17-2005, 09:01 PM
TSPeed Factory

Default Re: HID retrofit club :P (core3200tm)

i wanna join the club soon. haven't seen any retro-fits into a del sol headlight yet. i'm probably gonna go with the bosch bi-xenon. anyone know where else i can by this besides hidplanet.com? they're sold out of it.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HID retrofit club :P (AzntaggeR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AzntaggeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wanna join the club soon. haven't seen any retro-fits into a del sol headlight yet. i'm probably gonna go with the bosch bi-xenon. anyone know where else i can by this besides hidplanet.com? they're sold out of it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

eBay is your friend
Old 04-18-2005, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HID retrofit club :P (AzntaggeR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AzntaggeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wanna join the club soon. haven't seen any retro-fits into a del sol headlight yet. i'm probably gonna go with the bosch bi-xenon. anyone know where else i can by this besides hidplanet.com? they're sold out of it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

unfortunately the Bosch 3-wire bi-xenon solenoid is quite difficult to wire up compared to a 2-wire like the Hella bi-xenons. You have to do all kinds of stuff with relays and diodes, etc, basically replicating with wires and separate components what a small printed circuit board does in the stock BMW headlights. Those headlights use a large solenoid to move the shield out of the way, and then a smaller one to keep it open. You can wire up the large solenoid only, but it will get too hot and burn out.

There is a good how-to on wiring them on hidplanet.com, but you should really be fairly experienced with wiring stuff before attempting it.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:22 PM

Sup guys, im planning on doing a retro fit because the xenondepot kit isnt doing a thing for me. So i grabbed a set of TSX headlights but it didnt come with any bulbs or ballast. my question is what bulbs and ballast should i use with these?

Heres a pic of the lights:

Old 04-18-2005, 07:31 PM

Where did you get the tsx lights, and how much if you dont mind sharing.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PatrickGSR94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ehhh get some shields in there with a quickness, otherwise you will be shooting glare all over the place and blinging everyone in front of you.

Did you ensure that the globe in the D2R bulb is in the same position as the H4 bulb's low beam filament was before?</TD></TR></TABLE>
i used the shields but with the "glass" in front of the bulbs....it just made the lights ****.....just like in the first pages where they are talking about the "scatter" instead of the straight cut off "HID line"......so i got a set of aftermarket projector lights......and yes i realize that these are set up for halogen bulbs but for now they give me a great cut off line.....much like my buddies S2000.....so ill stick with this set up for now.....sorry no pics....no camera...

Quick Reply: HID retrofit club