Notices
Lighting HID/Xenon kits, Retrofits and Associated Topics

Help Needed please, Tail lights and interior dash lights flash with turn signals.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Needed please, Tail lights and interior dash lights flash with turn signals.

The tail lights, License plate light, and the radio lights flash whenever I use my turn signal, or hazard lights. this happened only if my headlights are off. So I have been driving with the headlights on at all times, but I dont want to waste my bulbs. Can anyone help me with this problem please? I really would appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Its an 04 Honda Accord sedan 4 cylinder if it matters.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help Needed please, Tail lights and interior dash lights flash with turn signals.

Have you changed any bulbs? Putting a single filament bulb in place of where a dual filament bulb should be can cause this type of issue. You may have a short in your wiring, but it's MUCH more likely to be because of an incorrect or failed bulb. I've had a bulb go bad, and short both filaments together, so it would "bleed" the power from the turn signal into the running light circuit, and behaved exactly as you are describing. I'd pull each turn signal bulb, one at a time, and test - leaving each out as you go to the next one. If you've pulled all the turn signal bulbs and still have the issue, then it's time to investigate the wiring.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help Needed please, Tail lights and interior dash lights flash with turn signals.

Originally Posted by soundguybob
Have you changed any bulbs? Putting a single filament bulb in place of where a dual filament bulb should be can cause this type of issue. You may have a short in your wiring, but it's MUCH more likely to be because of an incorrect or failed bulb. I've had a bulb go bad, and short both filaments together, so it would "bleed" the power from the turn signal into the running light circuit, and behaved exactly as you are describing. I'd pull each turn signal bulb, one at a time, and test - leaving each out as you go to the next one. If you've pulled all the turn signal bulbs and still have the issue, then it's time to investigate the wiring.
Hey thanks! I'm not sure what bulbs were in there, but I just put a new set in and everything is fine. Now I don't need to drive with my tail lights on all the time. Thanks so much.