Notices
Lighting HID/Xenon kits, Retrofits and Associated Topics

did i just destroy all hope of fixing these?

Old 09-07-2008, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default did i just destroy all hope of fixing these?

well i had aftermarket reverse glow gauges that came with my car, and ever since i bought it they would flicker. they kept randomly going out and then back on, as if a ground was bad, and it did this for about two months to me, and im not sure how long to the previous owner, but he warned me about it and said he didnt know what it was. I tried all sorts of things, all sorts of different grounds, and a different power source, and it just wont stop flickering. as of two days ago it stopped working all together, so i said the hell with it, i checked it to make sure it has power, and it does, so i assumed that it was the "box" to the cluster. it's where the power and ground go into, and then there's a dimmer and wires to change it from green to blue. i said the hell with it and cut the wires, and tried wiring it directly, without that "box" and still no luck. did i just make a huge mistake by cutting that **** off or is it just a garbage cluster or what?

I repeat, I ALREADY KNOW IT HAS A GOOD GROUND AND POWER SOURCE, so that isn't my problem
Old 09-07-2008, 11:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: did i just destroy all hope of fixing these? (jmr828)

They might be flickering because of the factory dimmer (depending on how they're wired) but most aftermarket glow gauges (reverse or full) use the same inverters that can be had off ebay for cheap (lie HERE for $10 shipped) and it's possible to replace the inverter...
Old 09-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah it was deff the inverter, i said the hell with it and took them out, i dont mind stock, plus the blue doesnt exactly match my car. thanks a bunch for the tip though, i might use them again some day if i sell the car.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (jmr828)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jmr828 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah it was deff the inverter, i said the hell with it and took them out, i dont mind stock, plus the blue doesnt exactly match my car. thanks a bunch for the tip though, i might use them again some day if i sell the car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

heh yea I had reverse el glow on another car and while I liked um they just didn't work for me after a while and thus with my civic I did full led flex strip conversions that I really should get around to finishing the full RGB led conversion (the joys of being able to change color per mood)....