Notices
Lighting HID/Xenon kits, Retrofits and Associated Topics

Looking to upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to upgrade

My 98 Civic headlamps are yellowing and was thinking about upgrading. Are there any bolt-in solutions for a projector-HID kit?

Thanks
Old 04-30-2016, 11:47 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts
Default Re: Looking to upgrade

wetsand your headlights
Old 05-03-2016, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Murimoto projectors are easy to install and work great , the Mini H1s are a good intro into retrofits
Old 05-16-2016, 08:02 AM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

this is as bolt in as you are going to get.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/co...l#.Vznu6PmDGko
Old 05-16-2016, 01:46 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I will never knock a competitor but we offer our 3in at a fraction of the cost

DDM Tuning: HID and LED Lighting

PM if you have any questions
Old 05-16-2016, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 98civdx
this is as bolt in as you are going to get.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/co...l#.Vznu6PmDGko
When you say bolt-in, obviously there's no modifying the stock headlight housing, right..?
Old 05-17-2016, 08:45 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by a_benito86
When you say bolt-in, obviously there's no modifying the stock headlight housing, right..?
You will absolutely need to modify your stock headlight. This usually means unsealing the lens from the housing by either using a heat gun or baking them to melt the glue, then doing a similar process to re-seal. Sometimes the projector itself is not a perfect fit, which means taking out the ol' Dremel and making a larger hole.

If this kind of sounds like something your not really interested in doing, I think simply converting to HID or LED on your stock system makes a huge difference functionally and aesthetically. Something to consider.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DDMTuning
You will absolutely need to modify your stock headlight. This usually means unsealing the lens from the housing by either using a heat gun or baking them to melt the glue, then doing a similar process to re-seal. Sometimes the projector itself is not a perfect fit, which means taking out the ol' Dremel and making a larger hole.

If this kind of sounds like something your not really interested in doing, I think simply converting to HID or LED on your stock system makes a huge difference functionally and aesthetically. Something to consider.
But it is understood/agreed upon that an HID system won't work well with a reflector type headlight.. Thats why I was asking if there's an aftermarket headlight assembly that already has projectors installed.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:58 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

But it is understood/agreed upon that an HID system won't work well with a reflector type headlight.. Thats why I was asking if there's an aftermarket headlight assembly that already has projectors installed.
Ah, I see. Well there's no question projectors have increased benefit, but this is not to say adding HID/LEDs into a reflector housing won't increase functionality and be more visually appealing.

There are conversion headlights that will have the projectors built in, but that will come from a .. *gulp* competitor We currently only carry the ones that require the retrofitting.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:47 PM
Master Detailer

You don't have to cut/trim anything. Obviously you have to open the headlight. You will need to remove the stock bulb cover thing which is held in with screws.
With H1's you don't have to modify anything in these cars. It's literally the easiest projector you can put in the car.
'

There is, but most of them aren't worth buying, you would be much better off doing it yourself. With the H1, you could easily do the job in a afternoon and have the car drive-able by the evening.

DDM, get off your high horse. Fraction of the cost, sure, but fraction of the quality. TRS's quality and customer service ***** on your products and people. Stick to the dirt cheap PNP kits.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:31 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by 98civdx
You don't have to cut/trim anything. Obviously you have to open the headlight. You will need to remove the stock bulb cover thing which is he

DDM, get off your high horse. Fraction of the cost, sure, but fraction of the quality. TRS's quality and customer service ***** on your products and people. Stick to the dirt cheap PNP kits.
High horse? You don't have to be a fan, but you also don't have to be rude either. At no point did I downplay the performance, functionality, etc of TRS' products. Sorry you feel that way. I'm yet to process a warranty for a D2S or IFX projector and done no more than 2 for the Mini H1 since they were released in 2014.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You can find kits on ebay or amazon, lots of bulbs sells there.
But suggest you can have a try with the LED kits, its much brighter and white.
I just buy a pair of LED bulbs on Amazon, $69.99

It's so bright, brighter than the HID kit, love the white color!
Old 06-22-2016, 01:48 PM
Master Detailer

^ Not trying to be an *** when I say this, but your beam pattern and output is garbage when compared to a proper HID projector.
Nice to see you actually have a cutoff though.