Notices

JDM K-Swap + GT35r

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM K-Swap + GT35r

Hello all from VA.

I come to yall for your experience and knowledge as well as to share what I'm up to.

So far this is what I know I have:

a JDM K20 (I think it's a a3... either way it has non vtec head... swapping for an a2 head once I have the beans).

Talked to my machine man and he said he can build the whole engine for under $1000.. that's with a trip to the balance shop, honing the cylinders (not cutting a 40K miles block), assembling with all arp in the bottom end, piston squirts, studding the top end and swapping out the valves for some beastly 2 spring valves and Ti. retainers.

with the bullet made I plan on dropping it in a 92-00 civic, getting a "sidewinder" header from CXRacing and then topping that off with the GT35r. Downpipe right out the hood or through the fender.... same with the wastegate.

A buddy who has a 10 second daily drivin LS-V swap with a Precision suggested I go with AEM Stand Alone for my fueling and timing control over the KPro... on the fence.. I don't know what to do there.

transmission is obviously going to have a strong LSD... don't know how to fortify the internals... need yalls help there. Looking at the later K20z3 transmissions.

as far as fuel I plan on an external off of a sumped fuel cell, leading to a AEM rail, regulator and -8 or -10an fuel line... leaning towards 1000cc RC injectors.

my main issue is the harness thats coming on the engine.. since its a right hand drive some say it will be fine, honda only made one harness for the k series and some are saying the opposite just from trolling a few forums... hell I don't even know if the harness coming on it has a hookup for the vtec solenoid.

I know I need shift cables and an adapater type shift... no problem.. I'm handy at welding

I know I need swap mounts and axles..

other than that I don't know how much more I will really need other than yall's opinions and criticism.

I'm looking for a POS body (not rusted or salvaged) but something I can use to fool the local cobra's and z28's.... interior is getting STRIPPED. I want the weight as low as possible.

Oh yea I come from the LSx side of the world.. had plenty of fast *** LSx powered cars including a turbo SS with an iron block 4.8 that was not beatable until I parted it out.

Anyway, I'm Chris and yall fire away!
Old 09-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: JDM K-Swap + GT35r

go to K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum and read a lot ,,,all the information you could ever need on the k is there