Help deciding what TPS to use. HALL effect vs reg. - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

K Series

Help deciding what TPS to use. HALL effect vs reg.

Old 02-28-2017, 03:41 PM   #1
Honda-Tech Member

Default Help deciding what TPS to use. HALL effect vs reg.

This has been bugging me from the strat, this car will only be a "highway runner" like what you'd see in those 1320 street race videos. Running 88a mounts turbo k20 90mm ktuned tb/ITM. I've been leaning towards the HALL effect tps from ktuned. it's $220-ish CAD, next option is their billet V2 which is a fair bit cheaper. My only concern is I've head of there busting on some ppl, last thing I need is to buy stuff twice. My concearn with the HALL effect is you've got to set it in K-pro, I have the V1 of that, i'm assuming it's not "that hard". I'd really like some input as to what others are using in their "track cars", i'm ruling out he D/B adapter, as removing the TPS is beyond frustrating to me, and I don't have time to go to the junkyard with my current job. That plus it looks like I have to re-pin the plug or something too.
B_Swapped93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 05:03 PM   #2
been there done that

Default Re: Help deciding what TPS to use. HALL effect vs reg.

It's hit or miss with either of those two options. My friend's hall effect has been working fine for a long time while some people get a dud right out of the box. Calibrating them in kpro is fool proof and works fine. I've never manually calibrated a tps on the tb and had no issues.

I'm using a mustang tps on my kinslers as they're much more reliable and stupid cheap.
doood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 05:49 PM   #3
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doood View Post
It's hit or miss with either of those two options. My friend's hall effect has been working fine for a long time while some people get a dud right out of the box. Calibrating them in kpro is fool proof and works fine. I've never manually calibrated a tps on the tb and had no issues.

I'm using a mustang tps on my kinslers as they're much more reliable and stupid cheap.
That's what worried me, there was something about the v2 owners getting a discount when the hall effect one came out. I'm trying to keep this as plug and play as possible, but I assume the mustang one is a 3 wire and all you have to do is cut and match the wires to the engine harness, nothing else.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:14 AM   #4
Honda-Tech Member

No issues for me, however my car is primarily a daily driven street car with only a couple track days and has softer mounts than what you are running. Calibrating the TPS in Kpro is easy.
pogeeboy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:28 AM   #5
Honda-Tech Member

Should specify, this car may only see 2,300 km's in my ownership AT most, I just need it to work for that time period with out any hick ups. I watched a video on how to calibrate it, that won't be an issue from what I can see. Basically do I have a better chance with the HALL one than I do their billet v2, in my research I haven't seen almost no negativity about the hall effect one.

Pogeeboy27 are you using the HALL or just the stock k series tps? didn't say in your post.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:06 PM   #6
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry about that. I'm using the K-Tuned hall effect sensor.
pogeeboy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:16 PM   #7
Honda-Tech Member

My Ktuned V2 crapped out on me after 15 months. It is just a plastic TPS with a shiny shell.

I switched to an Acuity and have not had issues with it yet. I have heard the v3 is hit or miss. As long as you get it from a dealer you should be fine since I think they come with a 1 year warranty.
redGSRguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:44 PM   #8
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you everybody who responded, my initial thought was the ktuned HALL effect tps, i'm going to stick with that. seems the most plug and play/safest bet.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:27 PM   #9
Honda-Tech Member

ACUITY is Hall Effect also, with good reviews
stayontrack is offline   Reply With Quote