Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Proud 1991 Honda Wagon Owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon7 Proud 1991 Honda Wagon Owner

Hi Folks,
I have been working on restoring a 1991 Honda Wagon for the past 20 months. I must say it has been both a exiting and also frustrating project. Work of course is still on-going. I have been plagued with a rough idle problem which means I have checked many things as recommended from the Net but still it persists. I will post the details and what I have tried in another post soon. I have attached a few photos just for the bragging rights.
Attached Images    
Old 11-22-2017, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Proud 1991 Honda Wagon Owner

Originally Posted by Rickweath
Hi Folks,
I have been working on restoring a 1991 Honda Wagon for the past 20 months. I must say it has been both a exiting and also frustrating project. Work of course is still on-going. I have been plagued with a rough idle problem which means I have checked many things as recommended from the Net but still it persists. I will post the details and what I have tried in another post soon. I have attached a few photos just for the bragging rights.
that's a true beauty good work man, always loved those square wagons love the 94 style as well.
Old 11-23-2017, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for your comments. I was really lucky with this and didn't realize until after I got it that this model is pretty rare..You wont believe I paid only $350 for it. I still cant believe it... It had a smashed front bumper and hood and there was rust in a few places. The photo you see is 2 months old and the body is even better now with less flaws. There is 315,000 km on the engine but it is running really well and burns little to no oil. Just have to fix the rear window defroster and replace some steering component rubber boots and I am closing in on age perfection. My local government license department has recently granted me "Collector:" status with special issue license plates. That sure made me feel proud and reduced the cost of my insurance by a large amount.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Rickweath
Thanks for your comments. I was really lucky with this and didn't realize until after I got it that this model is pretty rare..You wont believe I paid only $350 for it. I still cant believe it... It had a smashed front bumper and hood and there was rust in a few places. The photo you see is 2 months old and the body is even better now with less flaws. There is 315,000 km on the engine but it is running really well and burns little to no oil. Just have to fix the rear window defroster and replace some steering component rubber boots and I am closing in on age perfection. My local government license department has recently granted me "Collector:" status with special issue license plates. That sure made me feel proud and reduced the cost of my insurance by a large amount.
that really is a steal, you could practically eat off that engine bay lol. One day I hope my civic wagon looks like this but it's gonna take a bit to get it to this level. Those accords just have the iconic American station wagon square look that just takes you back, really loved when the e36 bmw wagons did it and these are very similar in styling just look great. Growing up I've always been about aftermarket and as Jdm and unique as I could get but recently I've turned more towards the oem style and because it's getting harder and harder to find gems like these and it makes you appreciate them just a little bit more. My mom had a 94 green accord sedan and she said it was between the sedan or the wagon and ever since seeing a wagon I've always wanted one she drove hers well over 250k until it gave out but could have lasted many more thousands honda do really run forever if you treat them right. As for the collecter plates that's awesome and I'm glad that they recognize it for what it is.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Funny you should mention the similar looks for the BMW E36. Somebody I talked with a while ago who obviously doesn't know their vehicles well thought it was this BMW. I think it is only these two similar machines that are so low in profile. So low in fact even a short guy like me can easily wash the roof. :-) Thank God we have YouTube and the Internet where we can get tons of advice how how to fix what we need. Good luck on the Civic . Write to me if I can help you with a problem or two. Many aspects are the same for the Civic as far as I have learned.