Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

New to the Forums w/ 89 Civic Si Hatch From DFW

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Forums w/ 89 Civic Si Hatch From DFW

Hey guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kevin, I'm from DFW, and I look forward to being a part of the forums!

So I was in the market for a cheap reliable car as I was starting my first big kid job in sales at a technology security company here in DFW out of college and I was DDing a motorcycle. I didn't have a lot of spare cash and didn't want to go in debt so I was looking for almost anything cheap and reliable. My brother's neighbor had a little black Civic sitting in front of his house for something like 3 months and once my brother found out he went over and talked to the owner. I guess he didn't know that the car was worth anything because he said it didn't run and didn't know what was wrong with it and just wanted it gone. So me and my brother walked over there and talked to him and I figured out all it needed was an ignition switch. It would start easily and idle great after we jumped it but would die after you let go of the key. You'd have to hold the key to keep it running. So I put a new ignition switch on it and put some Mobil 1 fully synthetic and have put about 7k miles on it with zero problems.

I have plasti-dipped the roof as the paint was fading pretty severely and have done nothing else to the outside. Apart from a few hail dings the body is in almost perfect shape. The paint could use a restoration a bit but there are no major scratches.

All in all, I feel blessed to have gotten a great car for so cheap.

Here's a photo:

Thanks for looking!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New to the Forums w/ 89 Civic Si Hatch From DFW

Welcome and nice car to start with!