Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Member Introductions

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 07:31 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Member Introductions

Hello everyone name is Shane. I bought this Accord for my wife to use as a daily driver. Now it is mine lol she has newer Accord now so I am making this my very own project so I can drive daily. Don't know much about Honda's so hoping to get some help from everyone here.
Thanks.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey guys my name is David i just recently bought me a 98’ Civic Hatcback Ek9 stock I still dont know a whole lot about Civics yet but its a learning process everyone else i know are telling me i made a good choice for second car. Ive been watching videos and im thinking about doing a b18 swap but if yet to find a trans for it.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Hello There!

Hey everyone! My name is Pablo Hernandez, 18, from Miami, Florida. I've always been into the car scene and wanted to have a build of my own; additionally, my father was also a part of the car scene down here in Miami so it only felt natural for me to get involved. When I was born my parents were still in high school so I was at every car meet and show that took place. My father founded a car club known as "AutoTrenz" and was a major part of the culture here in my area. Eventually his car club faded out; however, I am bringing it back with a huge variety of members in mind.

That being said, I have bought my first build for $150. It's a 1998 Acura Integra GS: no engine or tranny but had full interior and GSR seats. This being my first build it is going to take pretty long for me to complete because of school and work. However, I'm learning along the way and doing lots of research. I'm more of a DIY type of person. So far I have bought an engine for the car and a transmission. The engine is a B18B1 with ARP head studs and new CAM gears. The transmission is out of a 2000 Honda Civic si. I don't know the model yet but will find out. My father used this site to do prelude VTEC head swap, so I decided to see what else I can find on here.

The following pictures are my Integra and my father's old Honda Prelude(which is since been lost through the years).

Picture from a car show that my father gave to the body kit company to use for advertisements.

My project.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Member Introductions

Been a user for years, recently became a member. I drive a 96 Integra RS. Its good to be officially part of the community.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yo,

I drive a 96 Integra RS with a LS 5 Speed ATM
2000 Front/Rear End Conversion

New/Installed
-Axels 2
-Tires 2 (Front 100%, Rear 75%)
-Brake Pads (Front/Rear)
-Calipers 2
-Bt Deck
-4 Speakers
-Windshield Wipers
-Short Ram Air Intake
-Short Shifter
-Car Alarm ($300 CarToys Installed)
-Enki 14” Wheels
-Gsr Leather Door Pannels
-Gsr Center Console/Dash Black

Have/Not Installed
-Jdm Gsr Trans with Lsd 98+
-b16 pr3 Head
-Obd2 b16 Intake
-Gsr Cams
-p28 chipped sst
-Obd2-1 Jumper
-Upper Gasket Set
-Stage 1 Clutch
-Lightweight Flywheel
-p30 Pistons
-Rings and Bearings
-Type R/Gsr Oil Pump

In The Mail
-Recaro like Yonaka Racing Seats 2
Old 01-11-2019, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi, I got a Civic EG3 -93 and come from Sweden. Thanx for a great forum. Any dudes from Sweden hanging here let me know.
Old 01-12-2019, 03:29 PM
Trial User

Default Oval racing B18's and B20 and general all aroung motor head

Hi all, my sons and I race Integras at the local oval track. I have a technical background in the development of ECU's for turbine engines for the aviation industry. Looking for info on programming P75 OBDII ECU's. I have the soldering skills and am familiar with programming embedded micro controller systems so I'm a newbie but kinda not.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:46 PM
Trial User

Hello, my name is henry and I have very little experience with cars as it is. I am currently going to college for an ast- compsci. I daily drive an Acura tsx to and from school/work. I also share a 1998 Honda civic with my dad but only if I need it. Just today I received a 1995 Honda civic sedan as a gift from my aunt. I plan as using as a project car. Seeing how it is automatic I will be doing a manual swap. I'm excited to be part of the community and cant wait for what's to come. I will be making a post soon about my new 1995 car and the journey of turning it into a nice sleeper with good power under the hood.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:55 AM
Trial User

Icon7 Re: Member Introductions

Hello everyone!
My name is John.

My history:
Raced SCCA ITA both with Acura Integra and Honda CRX for about 10 years.
Driver, Mechanic, Builder, Set-up, etc
Currently have both Acura TL 2005, Pilot 2003, Honda CRX 1988 Racecar and my daughter has a Honda Civic 2004.
I have also owned many other cars including: Honda Civic 1996 and Honda CRX 1989.
I look forward to learning from all of you and contributing where I can.
thanks, John

1988 Honda CRX racecar

Thank you, John
Old 01-17-2019, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey Guys,
This is Reggie from Birmingham, AL.
Trying to gain a foothold on a 2002 Honda Civic LX, auto that I bought for my daughter last yr.
Car has become $$$$$$PIT!

That's why I'm here and my introduction..
Old 01-17-2019, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnysspeedlab
Hello everyone!
My name is John.

My history:
Raced SCCA ITA both with Acura Integra and Honda CRX for about 10 years.
Driver, Mechanic, Builder, Set-up, etc
Currently have both Acura TL 2005, Pilot 2003, Honda CRX 1988 Racecar and my daughter has a Honda Civic 2004.
I have also owned many other cars including: Honda Civic 1996 and Honda CRX 1989.
I look forward to learning from all of you and contributing where I can.
thanks, John

1988 Honda CRX racecar

Thank you, John
I always thought these little cars were best suited for road racing as opposed to drag, though people are somehow getting them to launch.
Can I inquire as to what would be a good setup in an EG coupe? I have a 24mm rear sway/brace, no front, new oe struts, all poly bushings, dropped on chopped stock springs. Little bastard goes from mild understeer to woohoo! all too quickly as cornering force increases. I wasn't really planning on drifting a Honda. Or dying in one for that matter.
Any suggestions on decent coilovers and spring rates? I'll be running a big block which adds like 200lbs to front.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You can call me Crunch (nick-name). Honda guy since 1994. '89 CRX HF, '04 Civic EX Coupe, '07 Civic EX Coupe but all are gone now.Both Civic were left stock since no potential. The CRX had everything done outside of being Turbo or SC. Been in many different clubs, did track days and some club racing. Was about to do SCCA racing but had to let go of the CRX because of a move and lack of storage and other issues. Looking to get another to build and just doing all the background work so I can plan the build. Been here for around 10 years but forgot my last login info. Always lurked though.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello everyone, new to this forum and new to Hondas. I recently acquired a 1987 Accord LXi, Love the car, runs great, only the infamous code 12 bug is driving me insane, lol. Will post a pic of it soon, needs new paint and a little interior work, just on the top edge of door panels. Will be checking lift sensor for the code 12 this week sometime, egr itself test fine. Anyway, hope everyone has a good weekend, take care.
Attached Images  

Last edited by TaskmasterC; 01-19-2019 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Added pic
Old 01-19-2019, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon6 Re: Member Introductions

Originally Posted by TaskmasterC
Hello everyone, new to this forum and new to Hondas. I recently acquired a 1987 Accord LXi, Love the car, runs great, only the infamous code 12 bug is driving me insane, lol. Will post a pic of it soon, needs new paint and a little interior work, just on the top edge of door panels. Will be checking lift sensor for the code 12 this week sometime, egr itself test fine. Anyway, hope everyone has a good weekend, take care.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:29 AM
Trial User

New here and here my Honda
Old 01-20-2019, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon4 need some help from you guys

hey what up my name is jonathan and I have a 99 civic with a turbo gsr I have a problem I have it street tuned on 91 and about a 2 or 3 ago I accidently put 87 because I was talking on the phone and the first two days I drove it it was running fine but then it started to not give me the same power before so I floored it and it cuts off like at 7,500 rpm I was reading on a different forum that it can be the fuel but I want to know what you guys think about this I been breaking my head for over a week already I read that it can be a timing problem but it was running fine before the fuel I also saw it can be ignition problems such as the rotor cap and wires I haven't really done anything because I want to get opinions instead of just me reading it thanks id appreciate anything any advice helps im at breaking point thanks
Old 01-20-2019, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It probably is the just the gas. I would add some octane boost if over half a tank, then see how she does. Could also be bad gas, maybe try some Lucas or Seafoam. I would not mix them though. Good luck, keep us posted.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Great looking little car.
Is it a southern car.
Hows the interior?
Old 01-20-2019, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need some help from you guys

It can take that long for crappy gas to get to plenum if one isn't far from work. Be gentle on it until the 92oct flushes the mistake out, you have high-assed cyl pressures.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have vp racing octane boost you think that will do ? & How would I do the Lucas or seafoam ? I've never actually messed up on my gas untill that day so I have no experience on it btw thanks for the info guys
Old 01-21-2019, 08:32 PM
Trial User

Hey guys, 2016 ILX here. Just starting to do repairs myself and wanted to creep around here.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:02 AM
Trial User

Hi all, My name is Sergio and this is my first post. I won't show my ride because it is a real beater...but it does have 250,000 kms and is still running great.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

2018 Civic HB Sport
Hi folks, I’m Jerry from Chesapeake Va. My 2018 Civic HB Sport is my 2nd Honda, and I must say I haven’t been into a car this much in a long time.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Too nice looking, new, and comfortable for my tastes.
I like old shitty Hondas with no suspension movement and gutted interior.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh, to be young again!

Quick Reply: Member Introductions