Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Member Introductions

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Member Introductions

Hi, I'm Reco, new here just wanted to get advice and knowledge so i can build a great car from what i have. I currently have a 96 Civic LX, not sure of all the work that was put into it (Shady Seller) but she will not be a Clunker for long lol. Hopefully we can get some good stuff from this site and meet some cool ppl. Thanks again.
Old 04-24-2018, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey all. My name is Lexi, and I'm brand new to the Civic game. And, oddly enough, I really didn't get into it on purpose. I've always admired the Civic (who wouldn't?) but I actually ended up with mine out of necessity and unfortunate circumstances (AKA: I had no choice). How that happened is a little odd, but for this intro I'll just say that I've been working on a 1989 Nissan 240sx hatch for the last 3 years. It was my baby. I poured about 10k into it. Unfortunately, sometimes life hands you lemons (which I really hope my Civic is not lol).

Anyway, due to those rather bizarre and unforeseen circumstances, I now have a 2000 Honda Civic DX coupe. It's a 5 speed, runs well, and the outside looks pretty good. It currently has a cold air intake (which I plan to remove), and aftermarket exhaust (the previous owner had no idea what brand it was, so oh well), and 17" Motegi MR116 wheels. Don't get me started on the tires (plot twist: it's not good).

NOW, the interior on the other hand is trash. And I mean trash. This is coming from someone who has worked on an '89 240sx. Visors torn up, trim loose and ripped up, plastic on the door panels all cut up (did he go at it with a pocket knife??? ), and very filthy. There are definitely other things, but I'll rest my case for now.

Anyway, I've decided to make lemonade. I may not have expected this Civic, but I have always wanted to work on one. In some ways I feel cheated (my poor 240 ), but I also know that this is a build I can do well. Still, it feels like I'm starting over again, and that's a bit strange. Even so, I'd like you all to meet Indy -- my semi-trashed but soon-to-be glorious Civic.

Last edited by beyondthestars; 04-25-2018 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-24-2018, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey everyone, happy to join after lurking for a few weeks to get up to speed on Del Sol issues/red flags. Picked up a '92 SiR as a result!

Thanks again to all of you who have contributed valuable information over the years.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:51 AM
Trial User

Icon6 Re: Member Introductions

Hi there, just learned of this site today, so wanted to say hello. I'm not very mechanical, just really enjoy 80s/90s Hondas.

I had an EM1 in high school/college that got stolen and recently purchased another one. Attached to this thread. Looking forward to spending more time on here!
Old 04-25-2018, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My new 92 prelude S. Bought on 23 April 2018 for 950$. Runs perfectly.

Just picked this thing up for getting to and from class/work. Should be a fun hobby to make sure I never have any extra money.

I look forward to learning from everyone else's mistakes and making a few myself. If anyone is around Bristol, tn/VA shoot me a PM if you know where to get parts.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:30 AM
Trial User

hi guys my name is armand cris from the philippines, also called ace by friends. i have a 93 civic sedan with a d15 dual vtec. initially i was just a google guy who usually read posts from this forum to learn and gain info about my car, decided to join since i got lots of good read and knowledge from this forum. thanks in advance for more learnings and help from everyone.

Last edited by Armand cris; 04-26-2018 at 07:37 AM. Reason: uploading image of my ride
Old 04-26-2018, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I’m new here and i don’t know too much about cars. My dad loves civics and has built them his whole life. I just bought a 1995 Hatcback for 550 with a blown B16 in it and it came with a B20 short block and si transmission. I bought it to bond with my dad.
Old 04-26-2018, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HulkEJ6
Hi, I'm Reco, new here just wanted to get advice and knowledge so i can build a great car from what i have. I currently have a 96 Civic LX, not sure of all the work that was put into it (Shady Seller) but she will not be a Clunker for long lol. Hopefully we can get some good stuff from this site and meet some cool ppl. Thanks again.
Old 04-28-2018, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi everyone, my name’s Matt, but lots of people either know me as Machuu or Makai’o. A pleasure meeting you all! Anyways, I’m starting back up with a 95 EJ2 with a D16Z6. Not the greatest condition in the world, but it works. I will be posting stuff about my progress with my Civic. Btw, her name is Cherie 😁 I’m also vlogging it on YouTube as well (Machuu Pichuu). At the moment, the motor idles up and down. I’m trying to figure out, but if I can be pointed in the right direction to fix the problem, I’ll be forever grateful 😊🤙🏽
Old 05-01-2018, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys, my name is Saul, but everyone online calls me spockle. Last month I bought my first Honda from my buddy. He's a hardcore Honda fan, but work and lack of funds was limiting his project plans so he offered it to me. It's a 96 EK with a JDM B16A and a 5-spd. Previous owners had stripped out the interior almost completely for their plans to make it into a track car. It now has new OEM suspension, some chrome wheels I picked up for 200 bucks (cheaper than new tires and it'll work until I can get some actual rubber on there), Blackworks radiator (also a placeholder until I get something that actually fits the car), and a test-tube and Cherry Bomb exhaust (sounds surprisingly nice, not ricy at all. Just noisy af lol).

Plans are as follows:
1. Get it set up to pass emissions here in Cali. It'll be difficult with the JDM swap, but I've done my research and I'm pretty sure it's possible. If not, well... i guess I'll sell it :b Where I live, I only need it to pass once upon initial registration, so after that I can do whatever I want, as long as I don't get pulled over.
2. Start doing some cheap sheet-metal body work. This car looks sh*tty, and I want to keep it that way. Zero f*cks given, if you will. Front splitter, side skirts, full underbody tray, diffuser, fender flares, drag spoiler, big ****, etc.
3. Move towards an all-motor build, nothing crazy. Cams, intake manifold, ported head, etc.
4. Upgraded suspension somewhere in there.
5. Chassis bracing galore. Literally everywhere, including an 8-point roll-cage.

Bottom line, i have a sh*t-load of really crazy ideas, and this is the car I'm using to test them on. Function over form, track beast, ultimate user feedback, everything non-essential removed, you know the drill. Here are a couple pics of the car as it is now.

Here are some cars I am taking inspiration from.

Not much more to it. Cheap thrills. I don't care about anyone else's opinion on how it will look, but if you have legitimate concerns relating to safety, handling, or durability, I will gladly receive them.

See ya round

Last edited by spockle; 05-03-2018 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:03 PM
Trial User

Whats up my name is Sean most people call me Phatz but its been years since ive been on this site but im back just picked me up a 98 accord gonna be looking for a long list of things for it. But im just like everyone else im not the top honda guy or anything like that im learning everyday still like everyone else. but anyways im down to meet new people who share the same passion so hit me up

Old 05-04-2018, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just posting here so I meet the two post/5 day newbie requirements.

Married to the 7th gen chassis. Bought a bone stock '02 EX coupe EM2 for $3k with 60,000 on the clock. Bought a crashed Si (EP3) for a K swap once I started getting into cars, but ended up fixing the EP3 and falling in love. Then I crashed it. Then I bought another EP3, and it's currently waiting a new engine. I installed car audio for a living for a while, I know more about wiring and have some exclusive resources for all electrical needs. My D17 powered coupe is my soon-to-be project, waiting on some more parts for a turbo D17 build. EM2 mods include subs, lights (inner/underglow, headlights, foglights), radio, EPS, lowering springs, new wheels, rear disc swap, EP2 wheel swap, gear shift indicator, RSX-S rear sway bar, and a few other bits. Current EP3 is bone-stock.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello everyone. I just bought a 1995 Accord LX wagon for $1. Runs, drives, needed some love. It will end up being my son's first car at the end of the month when he passes his driver's license test. The only other Honda I have ever owned is my 1978 CB400A that my youngest son and I are restoring.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello,
Purchased a project car. 1992 Civic CX hatchback with B18B engine. Everything is a mess and slowly fixing it up. Looking forward to getting some great advice from other members.
Thanks in advance!
Old 05-06-2018, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mlb865
I’m new here and i don’t know too much about cars. My dad loves civics and has built them his whole life. I just bought a 1995 Hatcback for 550 with a blown B16 in it and it came with a B20 short block and si transmission. I bought it to bond with my dad.
Nice! Wish mine was that straight.
Old 05-08-2018, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It’s been 12 years since I’ve been on Honda tech learning to build Honda’s
glad to be back
Old 05-10-2018, 09:40 AM
Trial User

Hey everyone, I bought my first Honda about a year ago. Its a 1991 Accord LX 4 door. It cost $1,000 and had well under 200,00 miles. Pretty good considering its a Honda!! I've
always known they can push well over 300,000 if taken care of. It took me almost an entire year to convince my wife to let me tune it up... BUT when I did. It was on. So far I have put in a cold air intake, new strong spark plugs(NGK V POWER), lowering adjustable coil overs, and am soon to replace the exhaust system. I have Painted it teal, and added a spoiler. I notice a bit more push in the hp. Not too much. But every little bit counts when you love your car. I also Have a nice near competition sound system in it. (killing the light weight reduction I did a month before lmao). But I love Music. My plan Is to make it the closest thing to a road racer, without breaking any state laws. But I want it to just barely be under the max limit in the U.S.. I want it to be powerful, running healthy, and I want it to make that "Dont F*** with me" statement. I go to the jegs car races every year in Winchester Indiana at the speedway. I LOVE it!. I want my car to be as close to those cars as possible. NOTE this is my first car I've had the chance to build. I feel, so far so good. But I really would like advice from more experienced Honda owners. People who have made their Honda into powerful machines.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:07 AM
Trial User

Icon7 Re: Member Introductions

Hello, out of my 5 cars that I've owned 3 were Hondas, I currently have an 09' Accord EX-L coupe with a 2.4l engine. She is my baby and I would love to start modding her but am having trouble finding parts for a decent price. I'm hoping being on here someone can give me some advice on where to look for decent parts at a reasonable price.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:18 AM
aru
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys im aru, I bought a 98 civic with a bad radiator fan. after replacing the i fund oil in the coolant and misfiring, ect; I changed the head gasket and valve seals but now it seams piston rings are bad. I can get an engine at the junkyard for 100$, so Im wondering since the core price is 20$, should i just replace the piston rings in my engine and sell it? I need a car in the mean time so I will still get the junk yard engine. I am trying not to lose a bunch of money. Thanks!
Old 05-14-2018, 04:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hello im josue, i'm a youngin but its all good i have a 2003 honda civic ex coupe thats my baby ive had it for a year now i haven't done much that car has been good to me so far but sadly ive been missing coolant and have reason to believe my head gasket is blown
but anyway this is it
Old 05-14-2018, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello, you can call me zost or zosaru and I recently found out I love driving lol

Just got an old 1989 EF Civic Hatch and I already want to hang myself!

I own am '89 Skyline Type M as well but I might be letting that go foooor-

-An EG or EK LOL. Would love for someone to tell me which one has better aftermarket support (although I suspect it's the EK) (also do skyline and EF owners even know what aftermarket support is?)
Old 05-15-2018, 04:00 PM
Trial User

Hey everyone. I'm new here. Glad to be allowed to join. Hoping to get some answers about my Honda.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:07 PM
Trial User

Heres my 92 CRX Del Sol VXi. I got it bone stock with 128+kmh. Currently looking for a reputable and trustworthy shop to do a full b series type r swap in Northern NJ/NYC. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know!
​​​​​​​

how i bought it

how she sits now
Old 05-18-2018, 11:02 AM
Trial User

Hey im Faisal Nazir Pakistan i own a JDM 8th Gen FD2 2010 turbo charged 550whp to 600whp
My mods are
HEAD
4p PRB 163 pro head
DC 3.2 cams
ferria valve and 100lps springs
vtc cut to 35 degree
Block
k20a sleeved block
CP pistons 9.0.1 cr
manly turbo tuff roads
4p oil pump
Turbo kit
PRL turbo kit
GTX3076 gen 2 turbo t3 ,82AR
3" ktune exhaust
fuel set up
prl fuel retern
AN8 feed
AN6 return
DW300 fuel pump
ktune fuel rail
inline 10 micron fuel fillter
ID2000
Engine Managment
Motec M150
SLM
LTC
Vit tuned .
Old 05-19-2018, 02:46 PM
Trial User

Hello all,

My name is Patrick and I’m 21 years old and an aspiring mechanic. I’m currently an automotive technician at firestone. I’m working on getting my ASE certifications in hopes of eventually becoming a master tech. I currently drive a 2001 Honda Accord EX v6 with the j30a1 engine. I plan on turning my daily into a monster of a ride. After I finish learning how to use autoCAD, I will be working on designs for a V12 version of a J35A8 engine with hydraulic/pneumatic actuators for the head and twin centrifugal superchargers for the intake.

Also, when I finish paying my student loan debt from the first time I went to college, I’ll be going back to school for mechanical engineering.

Say hello to Midnight <3

Quick Reply: Member Introductions