Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Member Introductions

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 01:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Member Introductions

Hi Honda-Tech!

I'm an android dev/CTO in IT outsource company from Ukraine. Had an Civic EJ9 with 1.4 angry liters engine about 5 years ago. And just have bought the EK4 (European sedan analogue of EM1) in December 2017.
You guys have quite a bit of cool info, and I've started doing translations in Russian for our local Honda community.

Cheers!
Old 03-21-2018, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey guys!

my names Taylor and I have wrenched on Hondas since I was 15. I have always came to Honda-Tech for information and has been the catalyst for many of my projects. I finally decided to become a member! My current car is a 95 Delsol but I haven't decided the direction I want to take it.
I look forward to gaining and providing as much knowledge as I can to a place already full of the best Honda content on the web.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi Im new to this site and want to introduce myself. I have a 2007 Honda Odyssey which I do all the work myself on. Just did the timing belt and pulleys. I had codes PO300-305 and just replaced the spark plugs and coils. Problem codes went away. Also have a 2015 Honda Civic
Old 03-23-2018, 04:08 PM
Trial User

First time Honda Owner .Recently Bought a 1993 Honda Accord EX. Came to this forum because of overheating issues . Looks like I made a great choice . This community has great knowledge . Hope to learn And in turn help others 👍
Old 03-23-2018, 04:16 PM
Trial User

Kinda new to forums. I drive a 92 EG hatch with a B18 GSR swap. Its on coilovers slammed with tyres tucked. Here to learn and hopefully help as well.
Attached Images   
Old 03-23-2018, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon6 Re: Member Introductions

hello I'm new to this forum always seen it on the internet but never joined until I bought a 96 ek don't have pictures yet but will soon, it's my daily but I'm trying to fix the things it has bad, I bought it for a cheap price and the kid I bought it from swapped the engine and tranny but did a horrible job with the wires,the car runs strong but just having little issues with a couple of things not working so I will be asking for advice on them!!!!
Old 03-25-2018, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have a 96 honda accord 2dr. with a 2.2l SOHC. It was a gift from family and has it has few problem, but nothing that cant be fixed. i'd like to get inputs from fellow members on how to solve the problems and get me back on the road
without my vehicle dying on me while im driving.
Old 03-26-2018, 08:37 PM
Trial User

Hi there. I'm a long time Honda fan, though I never owned one until I got a used 95 Honda Civic, 5-speed with super smokey engine. Didn't last long in that, eventually got a 2005 Odyssey (almost made me hate Honda vehicles, but learned it was just a bad year), then got a 99 CR-V (son totaled it), a 2007 Pilot, then two 2005 CR-V vehicles, one for my son, one for my daughter. Another daughter got a 2007 Pilot as well. Seems like I'm a Honda self-salesman.

I look forward to learning from others, and possibly helping out.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello from Charlotte NC- I am the 2nd owner of this 96 accord LX 5 speed. Only upgrades are the "buzzsaw" rims from a 96 Prelude Si. I have 4 Bilstein Shocks/struts and a set of Neuspeed sport springs in the garage and wil instal everything once I have a sunny weekend to work. I love this forum!
Old 03-30-2018, 07:23 AM
Trial User

Hi I’m AK, I own a 91 civic rt4wd wagovan. D16y7/8 hybrid It was partially built when I purchased it, but I have since removed the turbo and entire exhaust system (too loud and obnoxious, no like fart cans) , downgraded injectors to 275cc, rebuilt the head with BC springs and retainers, decked the block by hand, installed an edelbrock intake manifold, installed a hks cat back exhaust (took it to a shop because it needed customization for the wagovan layout, so technically someone else did that) installed innovative front lower control arms and mounts, bunch of other small things were done by the previous owner, and I have a 1320 RMF style header getting ready to go on this weekend, but need to modify to fit the 4wd tranny, so I’ll bolt on half and have someone else do the rest.

I have the wagovan because when I was in my late teens early twenties I drove around a crx with a b16a swap, I now have two kids with a 3rd on the way and this really is a great daily + fun to zip around car with the kiddos in back. They love it when I take those fast corners and man it handles amazingly better than my crx did, I attribute it to the rt4wd, but who knows, maybe I became a better driver over the years. I’m not looking to be the fastest, or the best, just want to have fun with my build, keep it reliable, and do some unique things (I loved reading through the d18y8 build on the d-series forum a while back, and would love to build something similar with a DOHC d-series, in the next couple of years)

I’ve lurked around all the Honda, d-series, wagovan forums and done a lot of searches for info, but this forum seems to be the most active so decided to register here.

I’ll be asking a question here or there as I go along this build. i’ll Post pictures soon, but my engine bay is not clean, and some rigs are a little ghetto since they are under “test mode”
Old 03-30-2018, 08:12 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trap from Va Bech, VA checking in. Still rolling the 91 DX Hatch with antique tags now. Been using the forum for about 10 years now to keep this old girl running. She ain't much to look at but has been a solid ride for me for over 13 years now. I finally decided to try and give something back. The ICUs on these seem be giving up the ghost as they get older and its getting harder and harder to salvage them. I am an electronics guy by trade so I am working on a project to reman the boards in them to hopefully breath some new life into these old girls. I also have a 91 civic dealer service manual if anyone needs any info from it.
Old 03-31-2018, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good evening Honda-Tech members!

I am server backup engineer who just started into car repair. I am proud owner of a Honda Civic 2012 LX. Gives me great gas mileage on the highway! I just performed my first front brake pad replacement on the Civic LX 2012 and man that was a great learning experience. I get most of my parts from Honda dealership.
I look forward to learning from others from this forum too. Thanks!
Old 03-31-2018, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon7 Re: Member Introductions

Hello from Sydney, where we drive on the "RIGHT" side of the road. :-)

Just bought a 1992 CRX Del Sol for a daily driver / toy project.

Eager to learn more from this forum.

Cheers!
Old 04-03-2018, 02:42 PM
Trial User

hey :D im a 19 yo dude from norway with a love for high revving engines and hondas especially, i personally own a 1992 del sol vti with soem major cosmetic changes. (i did not do this stuff) hope i can get along with all of u and get some advice for a dude who never had the chance to start out wrenching cars
Old 04-07-2018, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon6 Re: Member Introductions

Greetings!!

Boredom strikes me here lately,and I thought this would be something to help pass time. I currently live in southern Indiana and work as a technician
at the Honda dealership in Bloomington, IN. Previous tech at DPatrick Honda in Evansville and at Yochum Chrysler in Vincennes. Hope I can
provide a few nuggets of insight in the technical forums!
Old 04-10-2018, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello all Honda enthusiasts! I’m a long time Prelude fan and have owned a 1997 Lude for about 6 years now. I’ve recently gotten tired of the stock motor with 220k miles on it so I’m in the process of rebuilding the engine.

Half way through, I decided I wanted to go FI so now I’ve torn it apart (for the second time) and am waiting for funds to buy the pistons/rods. The head is built and the block is sleeved. I’ve also thrown in the KS balance shaft deletion kit. Once I get the block back together I’m planning to swap it to a manual (because it’s currently an automatic). I will also delete the AC but keep power steering.haven’t decided on the EMS yet and cant decide on the turbo. I’m shooting for 400hp with decent torque.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ol' Man here. In N. Va. New to the whole Honda thing.............Hope to enjoy the ride......
Old 04-12-2018, 04:07 AM
Trial User

Hi All im Amien from South Africa, i came accross honda tech while doing research on B20z i own a Honda Ballade 150i recently done a D2B conversion.

I would like some advice on what small things can be done to my b20z to make it more responsive, i raced a b16vtec and lost by an inch, but its obvias to say that bseries ratios are longer, more compression etc however im impressed with D2B

Anyone know how to push a D2b to its limits? im new here
Old 04-12-2018, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello Honda Tech!

I am a IT manager in a financial services company, and I have a 2008 Civic Si Sedan k20z3 engine, this is my first honda car.

Unfortunately, the engine fail twice times recently, in both cases the rod bearings and crankshaft results in dammage. My mechanic said I need to replace the oil pump and I joined this group hoping that you help me to find the correct replace for that.

Thanks!

Greetings from Culiacan, Mexico.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi everyone, long time lurker. Just picked up a 2015 Fit a few days ago and thought i'd introduce myself

My name is Dennis, I'm from San Diego, CA. I'm your typical all around nerd and I excel at all things nerd related.

No pics to post as, the car is bone stock
Old 04-13-2018, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello everybody!!! My name is Storm, and I'm a ruckoholic. It's been 23 hours since I last rode a Ruckus
and my right hand is twitching. Don't get too close, its contagious -(of a disease) spread from one person or organism to another by direct or indirect contact.
Attached Images  
Old 04-17-2018, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

names Justin and every car I’ve owned has been a Volkswagen. I’ve had a surf green 95 golf, and had a 93 corrado VR6 that I had about $12,000 invested into modding. I haven’t had a car up until last Thursday when the opportunity came up for me to get back on the road with a 1995 Honda Accord EX 4cyl. That I scooped for $200. It needed a battery and ran rough so I changed the plugs and wires and it runs great now. Also changed the oil and have a bunch of routine maintenance on the list already. Needs a valve cover gasket and timing belt. Cap and rotor, a passenger side axle, and I gotta figure out why the trans won’t shift into 5th/OD so I don’t keep getting raped on highway fuel mileage. Here’s some pics

Old 04-17-2018, 05:43 PM
Plead da Fif

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by AminB20Z1
Diggin' this right here.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi Honda-Tech! I finally decided to join not sure why I didn't join a long time ago. lazy I guess. I'm on my 3rd Honda. (1992 4 door D16 RIP) (1995 EG Coupe GSR swap RIP) and current, 1993 EG Hatch Turbo. Build is as follows....
B16B CTR Block, Sleeved 81.5mm, Wiseco Pistons, Eagle Rods, Stock Crank, ACL Race bearings, ARP Studs, GSR ported Head, Skunk 2 pro 2 Cams, Skunk 2 Valve train, skunk 2 cam gears, Victor X intake, ID 1000 injectors, Walbro 450, Tial Gate and BOV, Ram Horn Exhaust Mani, Garret 60mm journal bearing Turbo, Manual Boost Controller, 700hp Intercooler,2.5'' Vibrant charge pipes, Full 3'' Skunk 2 Exhaust No Cat. Skunk 2 arms. Traction bars. made 502whp 313tg 18psi on 91 pump. here she is
Old 04-19-2018, 12:47 AM
Trial User

Icon3 Re: Member Introductions

Hellllllllooo Chaps & Ladies..

This is m Honda Civic EF ( 1990) My absolute baby 1.4 dual carb, im planning on getting it B18 or K20 swapped not decided yet any advice or tips would be great, arches are getting done in the next couple of weeks, and a few bodywork and interioir tidy-ups, weather has been rubbish so far far took interioir and and give it a good clean and dyed the carpets, pictures to follow...

i'm on instagram if anyone wants to keep up with the little project i have goin gon with it @jadee_ef

carpet before

carpet after

also i have a habbit of naming cars so this is Hunter the Honda

Quick Reply: Member Introductions