Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Member Introductions

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Member Introductions

Hello guys and gals, Damon here. Been browsing honda-tech for some time now. First car was a '94 GSR. Loved it. Brother sold it for financial reasons. Been driving civics and accords since, but couldn't help myself and recently picked up a '99 GSR to play with.

Always a wonderful forum to see what knowledge others have regarding our passion.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:42 AM
Trial User

Hi guys vialey from the Caribbean, I have a Honda ascot innova (accura to) 1996, i tried findimg parts to upgrade from naturally aspirated to turbo charge, but I can't find any turbo full upgrade kits. Any one can assist?
Old 11-26-2017, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Greetings,

I currently own a 1999 Accord LX 2.3l 5 speed, A truly exceptional car, But it is showing its age on the body -- very rusty when I acquired it 5 years ago -- have replaced the front frame, right shock assembly -- all from the scrap yard of course -- and misc other front end parts new. I love the beast -- it's the closest thing to a sports car I've ever owned. Will miss its zippy responsive and nimble cornering but the next car will be a 2007 Fit, I expect better gas mileage although I was pleased enough with the fuel economy of the Accord. The Fit seems to handle okay from the 10k test drive.

On the Fit off the top it comes with buggered door locks -- The ignition key switch seems to have been swapped for new but the rear hatch key doesn't turn. Id like to resolve this lock cylinder issue once and for all, and rather than buy the Airtex replacement cylinders, one at a time, and first the rear deck lid, maybe I could have a locksmith simply put in a cylinder of a better quality, Bugger the fancy keys. I don't have any electric door locks on this car, but is there a chip in the key anyway? Do all Fit models feature the chip-in-key security system?

Has anyone done a mod as I suggest: replacing the standard and troublesome lock cylinder(s) with a better working equivalent?

Cheers

beast
Old 11-27-2017, 06:27 AM
Trial User

Icon7 Re: Member Introductions

"Hello", and "Good Day" to all,
I'm Jeff, And I'm really new to all this, my first community, I manage our family owned muffler shop here in Corvallis, Oregon, we've been in the Exhaust industry for 40 something years,and although our racing interests have been in american muscle, I've always have been parcial to Honda, then my father a few years ago handed down his daily driver down to me after taking the rains over to our shop he was ready to retire. We hadn't ventured into turbo chargers
Old 11-29-2017, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys, a few months ago I had the pleasure of picking up a 99 EM1 from a buddy of mine, his pops gave him an ultimatum after having it sit for about 3 years, so I scored it for $2k. Has about 67k on the clock but has a Jap B16a2 swapped in roughly about the same miles. I just put in some GSP Monomax, as I'm gonna be doing mostly suspension on this to make a decent highway cruiser and occasional track car. Anyways, gotta make a some ride heigh and preload adjustments, but here's a picture when I got it and after the lowering. Lookin' forward to it! After coming from a drift background, I had forgotten how nimble these FF platforms can be.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi. I have a 94 del sol and my boyfriend has an 88 crx. we are both building them together. just on here for fun.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Howdy folks, Irish member here. I have a 5th gen Prelude that I'm looking to do some upgrades to and this forum seems like the right place to get some info from.
I'm really looking forward to getting involved here and meeting other like minded Honda heads.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:33 PM
Trial User

Hi, I have a 1999 Civic SI (EM1) and live in Chapel Hill NC, and I joined this forum because I'm a big Honda fan and I want a place I can talk about cars. I also need a place to try to sell my Em1 other than craigslist and Autotrader, which I could not get the car sold in the last three months hopefully there are more fans, especially enthusiasts that are interested in buying my car. Once I sell I'll still be on this forum a lot because I'm saving up for an s2000 which is one of my dream cars!
Old 12-04-2017, 11:11 AM
Trial User

Hello all. My name is Jim and I own a 2013 Honda civic si sedan. When I purchased my car I upgraded the calipers and brakes to a higher performance. Now I had replaced a bad caliper and now my parking brake is not working ie no tension. Another thing is that the brake piston on the driver side (One that I just replaced) is not engaging. Not exactly sure of what's going on.
Attached Images   
Old 12-07-2017, 05:32 AM
Trial User

Hello, I drive a 96 Civic EX

Old 12-07-2017, 10:06 AM
Trial User

Icon2 Re: Member Introductions

Hi I'm vickie11 I have a 1998 Honda card that my grandson drives, irony have any pictures I can do some mechanical repairs, and I'm looking for answers to these questions. Have no low beam lights, just had new bulbs put in at auto stop and still have no low beams, what can it be. I changed fuses, no change is there a switch, and if so where is it.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Vickie11
Hi I'm vickie11 I have a 1998 Honda card that my grandson drives, irony have any pictures I can do some mechanical repairs, and I'm looking for answers to these questions. Have no low beam lights, just had new bulbs put in at auto stop and still have no low beams, what can it be. I changed fuses, no change is there a switch, and if so where is it.
so when the key is on and the lights are in the on position unplug light and check for 12 volts with multi meter or test light be sure you have a good ground to one end of test light or in the case of multi meter the black lead... i in doubt use the negative post on battery... you can test both wires going to bulb but only one should have 12 volts if not u have a problem on the power side...but if one wire does give you 12v you probly have a problem on your ground side....so yeah if I can help u any further once you test your circuits I’d be happy to.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello - I'm XSLOR - just bought a custom built EG6. First Honda I've ever owned. So far it's a lot of fun!
Old 12-12-2017, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi people!!
I have a Honda Civic 1.6 Vti 4 doors (EK4 - B16A2 engine) 1999 version. In other countries it´s called SIR i guess. I´m from Portugal, so it´s an european version.
I bought it in 2013, and i´m the second owner. It´s super stock and i want to keep it like that. It´s my daily buddy
Old 12-13-2017, 01:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys, been driving Honda's since I was 17 (24 now). Been browsing honda-tech for a while but finely made an account since I've got a few projects I'm working on and could use some insight. Hope y'all can help me with my troubles and vise versa.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey all, I've read hundreds and hundreds of forum posts, and I thought it was time to finally to join the fun. I've already got a few questions that need the Honda-Tech help :D
Old 12-14-2017, 02:37 AM
Trial User

Hello all I'm just looking for some info so I have a 2008 civic is as my daily and it's time for a new clutch now I order a exedy flywheel but my dumb butt order fx clutch and pressure plate with it too
https://m.ebay.ca/itm/FX-CLUTCH-KIT-...57?_mwBanner=1
he sells a kit with the exedy pressure plate and clutch and I just messed up and ordered the wrong thing. Now my question is will this fx clutch last me. My 2008 civic it is stock and will stay like that I don't abuse it and it's just to get from point a to b. Will it last? Is it a decent clutch? I don't want to be doing another clutch with under 100k on it. Sorry if this is in the wrong thread I don't know where to go hahaha but sorry
Old 12-17-2017, 10:56 PM
Trial User

Hi. New to group I have a CRV
Old 12-20-2017, 06:06 AM
Trial User

Default Newbie from dublin

Hello

my names Jamie. From Dublin. Ireland . Ive got a b16a2 clubman mini on the roads. Own it about 7 years now with no problems. Myself and my brother built it from a bare shell

I've also got an 02 ep3 type r civic as a daily/weekend car and an 01 4 door ES civic as the school/kids run around car

I'm now looking into building a b16a2 turbo
so. Looking for some help and suggestions to what I'm doing . I've got a b16a2 dat had a rumble in the bottom end so. Obvious things. New crank and bearings.... do I need to replace pistons and rods. I' looking for 300bhp to 350bhp . It' going to bed a road engine not race . So. What do I need . I've a small list of what I need but it'
Just the beginning I take haha

ecu. I've ot a Neptune demon
engine I've got full engine will be getting stripped and rebuilt with all belts and pumps including head work obviously.

????Do i need to upgrade anything in the head to make it perform better ??????

cooling will be updated rad with elec fan
mini ram ex man with Watergate
550 injectors b18 fuel rail
standard inlet with blox b18 trottle body
small enough intercooler
exhaust will be custom with down pipe
mounts will be updated
nice filter
walbro fuel pump

clutch will be excedy stage 2/3 3puk
flywheel type r integra
gearbox s80 type r integra or s4c
New shafts . New hubs and breaks and wheel bearings

please do add and give me guidance. Cheers
Old 12-22-2017, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey everybody! My name is Austen and I’ve been checking out the forum for a while now and finally registered. I’m 24 and live in Texas. I bought a 1995 Civic Coupe EX manual for $200 that the guy had blown the head gasket on. Did a Mini me swap (D15B7 block with D16Z6 head) and have been driving it ever since. I don’t have any pictures saved of it so for now I’ll just leave it as this intro
Old 12-24-2017, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello everybody!
My Name is Geoff.
I have a 2017 EXT CVT Coupe. In three years I went from a 331,000 mile 91 DX hatchback to a 2013 EX Coupe with 20,000. Then last August I helped my wife buy her 2018 Fit I got caught up in the new car moment and I came home with a new one for me too. I got a K-Tuner for it and it is so fun to drive.
Living in the Bay Area CA. I sell Aidells Sausage & Meatballs in Costco.

Livin' the dream
Old 12-30-2017, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Greetings all, I am a Honda CRV that I just purchased, it is a 2003 model with 81,000 miles. I read these are very reliable and I hope so.
Am from Ontario Canada and want to wish to all a Happy New Year.

Norm
Old 01-01-2018, 01:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi my name is Peter and have had hondas for 46 years, I have two S800s and a 2010 2.4 EX Tourer, my partner has a 2010 1.4ES Jazz, I also have a 1964 CB77 Super hawk bike.
I look after all my vehicles myself and can turn my hand to most related tasks.
Glad to be a member of this group.
Happy new year all.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:06 AM
Trial User

I'm Alex, and I drive a 2004 accord v6 6mt. Trying to make a thread on a j swap, but my posts keep dissapearing
Old 01-01-2018, 12:39 PM
Trial User

Hello

I am Reggie from Vancouver, BC. I owned an 89 accord back in 1998 ( I used to live in Rhode Island ) Just had my 2015 Sonata deemed as total loss, looking to get 2017 Accord Coupe

Quick Reply: Member Introductions