Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Member Introductions

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 06:28 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Member Introductions

Hiya. I am not qualified to be a technician, but I do have a 1994 Integra.

No, it is not for sale - every mechanic who likes sports cars wants to buy it.

I joined this group to solve a s specific problem... the ABS unit that Acura calls Modulator with Accumulator is not working. I can get a new one from Acura for $2100, but do not have that much handy. I think that someone will know where to get one of these,or get it re-built. Works with OBD1 computer. Same modulator is in all 1993 and 1994 Hondas, also in some Mercedes and BMW cars.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:52 AM
Trial User

Hi there,

I am total noob in fixing cars. However, I just bought a 1998 CR-V last week, (VIN: JHLRD1840WC216685), which was running smooth till last weekend.

I hit the front to a cement barrier. My Bad.

However, the car started up smooth later, and no signs of oil or water leakage...yet. I hope to fix it eventually, either myself or through professional service.

I would appreciate some knowledgebase and technical support from honda-tech to mend my CR-V.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:51 AM
Trial User

hello everyone my names Gage im 17 and iv loved Hondas ever since i saw the first fast and furious.go figure lol i currently don't have a ride but am looking at either a 91 ls teg or 94 ls teg. i will be on here alot trying to soak up as much info as i can from you guys.

94 ls

91 ls

witch car would you choose just from your knowledge?
Old 11-11-2014, 03:48 PM
Sanji

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

I'd choose neither.

1. They're both modified, and you have no idea how the modifications were performed.

2. The aftermarket parts used are of a mid to low grade quality (AutoZone and eBay, it looks like).

3. The paint jobs look like they were also poorly done.

You'd be best buying a stock car, and relieving yourself of the potential nightmare these cars may have lurking under their cheap paint.
Old 11-12-2014, 02:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys, new Honda-tech and glad to be here. Got a few projects and may shortly be looking for some helpful answers. Thanks guys.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello to all. My first car was a 1981 Honda Accord Hatchback. If I had been a little smarter, I would have cared for it better and carried over to the present day, but college has a way of putting things on back burners, cars included. After it died due to my negligence (I hope the Honda Gods and Goddesses will forgive me for that one), I briefly drove a Mazda truck, followed by a brief stint with a Mazda sedan, followed by a 10-year love affair with a 2003 Subaru Outback Wagon. It was rear-ended a few months ago and though the damage didn't appear to be all that bad, it was written off as totaled by the insurance company, so I decided to not fix it (being a student and all, money helps). Instead, I ended up driving a few loaner cars, one of which was a 2013 Civic and I remembered that I enjoyed my first Honda. Through serendipity, I was then gifted a 1997 Honda Accord EX (232K miles) that was on its way to the junk yard and have since become totally obsessed with fixing it, upgrading it, and making it even better than it was (I got it inspected and got a green light from my mechanic -- the price of "free" was right). I am hoping to drive it for at least a few years instead of buying a new car as I already spent over $500 on it and looking to invest another grand or so before I might take a breather. I can see my new purchase being a Honda after all... Subaru was very much the choice for a long time, but I might have been sirened back to my roots. I got onto this forum to find some suggestions on how to solve a problem that I seem to have created while disassmebling the center console to take out the stereo to find its serial number in order to retrieve the unlock code. That was a success. As was cleaning the crap out of car parts that probably haven't been touched since it was bought. Now, however, I seem to have shortened a ground wire somewhere, for all of 4 of my blinkers stopped working, including the indicators on the instrument panel. I probably will find a solution one way or another, but thought that being on this forum would be a cozy thing to do, now that I am looking at this thing as a long-term project. So, that's my story and thanks for having me on here. :-)
Old 11-16-2014, 05:40 AM
Trial User

Greetings Folks:
Gary here, bought a 2010 accord ex sedan new for the wife, now she wants to get back up high again.. coming from a 15 year soccer mom mini van thing. So a CRV will be in the garage shortly. I'll be trading my ranger and inherit the accord. No mods yet but the brakes are starting wear close with 30K on the clock, so thinking of the power stop 4 wheel brake kit. I have a separate set of Acura rims with snows for the winter switch.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:41 AM
Trial User

Hello,

I have a 1991 Acura Integra, live in the LA area. I found this site as I was searching on how to troubleshoot my left front headlight. the Low Beam on the left doesn't work.

I have tested and replaced the fuse under the dash, and replaced the bulb. Don't know where to begin to troubleshoot from there.

Thanks for creating this site, already found lots of good resources on keeping my old Integra on the road.

Tubebuzzer (the name comes from the first fly fishing lure I was taught how to make)
Old 11-17-2014, 05:37 PM
Trial User

Hello all. Just bought my 2010 civic Si. I've already started mapping out plans for this car :3im excited to join a new family.

Another pic of my civic.

Last edited by toyomatt84; 11-17-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:12 PM
Trial User

Hi, andrew / ddarksymphony here, new user in the forums and just had a 2nd gen crv. Just browsing looking for tips and tech stuff on how to maintain the vehicle :D
Old 11-19-2014, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey, whats up you all? I recently purchased a 00 Prelude and I'm planning on restoring my new LOVE I've finally got it up and running after spending much more that i initially intended, but it is what it is. Now that I've brought this sexy thang back from the dead, it's most definitely time to hit it up with a little razzle dazzle!

Clean slate
Old 11-20-2014, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I live in Tucson Arizona. You can call me the Honda newb or newbie for short trust me when i say I've had to learn the hard way. I am just a beginner. OK my car. My father bought this bad girl brand spanking new in 1994 from a Florida dealership been in the family ever since. He passed away in 07' and that's when i inherited this mint coupe ex. or rather was mint before i got my hands on it. I blew the engine back in 2012 after one wreck and a good 5 year run So then she sat in my garage for the time being collecting dust up until about a week ago. in the mean time i went to college for auto mechanics read a couple books and now I'm trying to become a Honda enthusiast OK. Here is my Honda let me know what you think.........................

This is my beauty right here the day i pushed her out of the garage after collecting dust for 2 years (not running)

missing corner light long story

This is the engine I'm in the middle of putting in right now it is the same as the stock engine just supposedly rebuilt gonna start a thread on this in the near future. stock motor is a D16Z6 just in case you were wondering with a y4f tranny on a 1994 EX coupe
Old 11-20-2014, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Howdy! I <3 Hondas

Have had a few, and plan on many more. Currently repping a '97 Isuzu Rodeo that's for sale, and my '87 Accord Lx-i, which I think I just decided to keep rather than trade with the Rodeo (unless I get too good of an offer lol). About to head on a long adventure, spanning years if not my whole life mainly on the road, bouncing around, and stacking up Hondas... HAHA !!

I am not yet a skilled mechanic, but I know alot about cars other than turning the actual wrenches. First car was a '93 mr-2 n/a stick, in 2004, never had a turbo (yet), driven many many cars and many many miles for my age (24), loved them all, want them all lol

Anyways, you could say I'm obsessed with cars, but I like people better, and the potential they have in them. In today though, with so many people not giving two stuffs... My cars are my babies, always available to give someone cool a ride

I love forums and will be on here often, scouring, learning, gaining inspiration for my own whips... But I'd rather be driving a Honda!!
Old 11-20-2014, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello hi every 1 I'm new to the school here Lil lost 😁 is this the intro room
Old 11-21-2014, 12:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default New here

Hello my is Tim, it is nice to be here.

I have just picked up a Honda civic, it needs some repair, so what place better to be then here, Honda-Tech. I will be asking questions about the ins and outs of the Honda (forgot first time owner). By the way it is a 2003 Honda Civic.

Thank you

Tim English aka Blacklund

Old 11-21-2014, 02:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys! I'm an engineering student and I just bought my first Honda over the summer so I could stop beating on my DD at autocross. I bought a one-owner '89 Civic Si with every maintenance record possible. It's still rough around the edges, but it is a blast to drive and easy to work on with a college student budget. It's awesome beating cars that cost over 10 times what I paid for it at autocross, too. It's time for a winter rebuild on the high mileage engine, some suspension work, and hopefully a full season of autocross and a track day or two next summer.

The day I brought her home to Indiana from North Carolina.

Autocross event @ Grissom AFB

First Autocross victory in her @ the Indiana State Fairgrounds
Old 11-22-2014, 03:04 PM
Trial User

Hey everyone im new to the honda scene. Just bought my first import. Its a ek sedan which isnt the most popular but i love it.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hi, just got a 93 civic sedan 5 speed. its a beater for gas saving....
Old 11-23-2014, 04:03 PM
Trial User

Hi All

BOB FROM NORTHERN NEW YORK HERE, CONSTANTLY MAINTAINING MY DAUGHTERS 2009 HONDA FIT WITH 139,800 MILES ON IT.
TO DATE I HAVE NEVER CHAGED THE TRANNY FLUID, BUT WILL DO SO TOMORROW.

HAVE A NICE THANKSGIVING

HP
Old 11-24-2014, 03:33 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: First Honda

Well, I'm new to the forum and at 60, I bought my first Honda. I always wanted a Honda based on the what I perceived as a trouble free vehicle. I have a 2014 Pilot, but it looks like this forum is more race related. So, I'm not sure if this forum can or will offer any help. I posted a question under Transmission and Drivetrain regarding an issue with my new Pilot. It seems my Pilot is no different than the many other vehicles I've owned. It's only 5 months old and I've had the back hatch actuator replaced and now this ongoing mystery noise on occasion when I place the vehicle in drive. Anyway, if there are any experts that could weigh in on this problem based on the limited information I've provided, I would appreciate it greatly! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-25-2014, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What up to all my Honda Homies. Much love and respect. Just bought a 94 Teggy LS. Now vtec but not for long. Just a b18b1 block and correct me if I'm wrong but I should go with a b16 head then a GSR head? This is my 2nd DC2 last was just a lsv b16 worked head n it ran like a champ. But totaled it in ice coming down a hill. But I'm back at it again I paid $1,600 comes with a 7 inch touchscreen dvd player and the rims. Was wondering if I got a good deal. Just cold air intake and megan header.

94 LS $1,600 came with the rims and a 7 inch touchscreen/dvd player. Needs a b16 vtec head. Just cold air intake and megan headers. Thoughts anyone?
Old 11-25-2014, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GagesGauges

hello everyone my names Gage im 17 and iv loved Hondas ever since i saw the first fast and furious.go figure lol i currently don't have a ride but am looking at either a 91 ls teg or 94 ls teg. i will be on here alot trying to soak up as much info as i can from you guys.

94 ls

91 ls

witch car would you choose just from your knowledge?
94 LS for sure. In my opinion the eg and dc2 are the sexiest cars you can get. Plus getting harder to find. What's he asking bc I just paid $1,600 for a 94 LS but doesn't look as clean. Just posted a pic of it its black

Last edited by toyomatt84; 11-25-2014 at 09:37 PM.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:53 AM
Trial User

My name is Richard and I recently purchased a 1996 Accord EX. It is 4 doors with a 2.2 vtech. I originally got it because I just needed something to go back and forth to work. I have since had to deal with a list of issue that I recently found out were mostly caused by a blown head gasket. I am not skilled or patient enough to do the head gasket work yet so someone else is going to be doing that but all of the other work (including a new radiator) has been fun and I plan to continue learning more about this F22B1 motor and working on it to get the best mpg and performance. My days of racing are behind me but before it went all the way down, this accord did like to remind me what they were like. Anyone that has anything to do with the 96 accord, please feel free to hit me up. Thank you.

Last edited by Hiahwahnah; 11-26-2014 at 10:53 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-27-2014, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My name is Sean and I'm from St Louis, MO. Bought this a month ago from a friend to be my new autox car. After 3+ years in Miata's, I wanted to get the car I always wanted in High School, it serves a different purpose now than it would've then.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:11 PM
Trial User

Hey, I'm Larry from Ogden Utah. I just took possession of my wife's 2010 Civic LX 4 door. Planning on doing a few things to it this year but not sure what direction to head. The only upgrades are fog lights, tint, and wheels and tires. Thanks for looking.

Quick Reply: Member Introductions