Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Member Introductions

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 08:37 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Member Introductions

Hello, the name is Terry, I first started liking Honda when I purchased a 1991 CRX base model for $300 and it started my interest. I owned a CRX for nearly 10 years and sold it, then a year or so after I bought a 1996 LX (runs and drives but needs too much work to invest in) and a 2000 EX (for parts and experience) just a few weeks ago. I plan on purchasing a final Honda when I save up enough, I will be most likely sticking with D series for gas mileage but with some easy simple mods going for a 92-00 Hatchback, but a Integra or Prelude wouldn't be bad either.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey everybody! I’m Caleb, been reading on this site for opinions and wisdom for years, been a member for a while too but never did intro myself, here is my ride, just finished my block for turbo and head is being done right now, starting to piece together my turbo setup, shooting for 500whp on e85 with my built USF b18c5
Old 05-21-2018, 12:05 AM
Trial User

I am Tapas Dutt from Kolkata, India and own a CITY Ex 1.5 Vtec of 2003 manufacture. Earlier the CO level in the engine emission contained 0.8 CO. After I changed Engine Oil with Castrol Edge the CO level has gone up over 1.0, which is far above the legally permissible level of 0.5.
Kindly give me a solution.
Regards,
Tapas Dutt
Old 05-21-2018, 01:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys. I'm Nate. Been a bit of a dreamer when it come to being a gearhead and just recently joined the Honda scene. Just recently picked up an '03 Si Hatch with a K20A3 and I have a lot of plans for it. Not in the greatest condition and the previous owner kind of riced it a little bit, buuut it's now in my hands and there's so much that I wanna learn. Currently living out in Hawaii on the Island of Maui and been here for a little while. I moved here with the moms when I was 6 from Seattle, WA and I just turned 24.

I've been wanting to learn so much more and I've been basically an unofficial car enthusiast this whole time. But now that I finally have something to learn and work on, I joined HT hoping I could get tips and pointers on how I should do my build. I've heard some people say that the K20A3 isn't worth building at all and very few people think that it would be very well worth the time.

Starting off my car though with some changes and repairs and then I'll get into the building phases and then I'll finish up the cosmetics here and there. But I'll probably post pics of it as soon as I can. Just to show my progress and get some comments and criticism. Thank you again for your time and I'd really appreciate any and all input.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon7 Howdy! New owner of a 2003 CR-V...

Howdy!
My name is Drag and I recently picked up a 2003 CR-V. I haven't ever done much with a Honda, so everything is new. I have been a mechanic (some shade-tree, but mostly as a trade) since the 70s. I am looking for repair and upgrade tips on this particular model, I know how to replace parts but am not up on how to trouble-shoot these newer computerized cars. If you can offer suggestions, I would appreciate them.

Drag
Old 05-23-2018, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just bought a 2000 civic ex coupe. Just lurking on the forum for some maintenance. Going to do the timing belt when the parts come in as long as fluid flushes and spark plugs. Just coming to say hi to everyone.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:37 AM
Trial User

Hi I’m Andrew,

I have an blue 88’ Civic lx (Betty) that I love but have to get rid of. Bought it last year as a commuter for work and loved it until my wife got pregnant with boy #2 so I’m am needing to get rid of it for something a little larger.

Betty has koni yellows with adjustable springs, rear disc brake conversion, magnaflow exhaust, and a b16a with 85k on it.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:48 AM
Trial User

Will here 2013 Honda Civic owner!

Nice to meet you all!
Old 05-28-2018, 09:21 PM
Trial User

Hey everyone in Cash
I new to this site and I'm looking forward to getting help and helping others on this site. My 1st civic was a 89 crx si with a b16, than I owned a 94 coupe with a h23 turbo and now I own a 92 civic si with a jdm d16 pushing 10lbs of boost. I named her Samantha
Old 06-02-2018, 03:03 AM
Trial User

My first swap, and still learning and asking questions 96 ITR stock block with a B16 head port/polish 5 angle valve job, new super tech dual springs and new retainers w/new Valve seal and new Oem Valves, APR studs and Bolts, Auto Zone head gasket. Skunk 2 pro 2 Camshaft w/ Skunk 2 Cam gear,Type R intake manifold, currently running high end 1320 header w/ full S.RS exhaust system. Running on 91 Octane on p28 chip Ecu. In a 92 EG hatchback Cx Chaisi.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon7 Re: wazzup from Bakersfield Cali

My Em1 project from Bakersfield Cali WAZZUPP everybody!
Old 06-04-2018, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm a previous member but lost all of my contact information, and password reset didn't work for me.

I've found more time to work on my 2000 Honda Accord and more problems to work on, so I may be back here more going forward.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon7 Name's Ginger Lee, RSX named Monaghan Boy.

Hi!

I'm a new Honda owner. Just bought an '04 RSX, mostly stock. I grew up around cars (4 brothers, and a dad's a mechanic), but never had the chance to have a baby of my own to mod up. I went from a first-car hooptie '97 Maxima, to an '07 Ford F150 (traveling cross-country alone and camping), BMW 750 Li (suits Miami better than a truck), to a practical 2015 Taurus after a long bout with the dealer who sold me the BMW. I'm just learning to drive manual (circumstances prevented me from learning). I'm so excited to be joining the car scene, and learning about and how to work on my car myself (with help of course) and starting off with a mostly stock RSX in excellent condition. No problems at all. The shocks are going out so I'll probably end up putting it on coilovers and dropping it a little (just to get rid of the wheel gap) soon. I'm the 3rd owner. The first two owners were dating each other, and the boyfriend bought it from his girl when they broke up.

I'm a huge fan of Peaky Blinders, so... I present to you: Monaghan Boy.

Last edited by FunkyLee; 06-04-2018 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi, My wife and I have a 88 CRX HF and a 03 CR-V. We love them both. My CRX is on its way out tho. Its not really that good at fitting in two kids and an old lady. IMO that body style is in the top 3 of all "affordable" (not Ferrari, Porsche....) cars. The CRV... very good load up the fam and go car. A little small at times, but you'd be surprised how much you can jam into it. I'm obviously new to this site and am going to use it mainly for repair advise when needed. Looking forward to some great reads.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Whts up Honda-Tech? Was a member back in the early 2000s but went a while without signing in and never could get back on. Back then i was driving a 90 Acura Integra GS with LS/Vtec...

My 1990 Civic Si with Mugen NR10s with some classic access parts inside, out. Ive owned this car for almost fourteen years now. As i get older, its all about keeping the integrity of these cars intact as much as possible. Honda for life and great to be back in here.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:34 PM
Trial User

Finally bought my del sol that I've wanted since I was 15. It's not perfect but I'm in love. My first Honda, I've only ever owned chevys.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Salutations all,
Thanks so much for the hospitality-I am really glad to be here! For close to 10 years I was the owner of a Manual '97 Honda Del Sol and loved the car to pieces. About a year and a half ago I made a huge mistake and was persuaded to sell it in exchange for a gifted car with 'better winter driving'. My regret over this bad decision has been growing ever since and now I am on a mission to find and again own the right Del Sol. I am super excited about the search and even more so about my future hobby car. Thanks again for the kind welcome!
Roxx
Old 06-12-2018, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Long time reader New Member, I have a 2001 integra gsr db8. I bought it in feb 2017 after selling my 2014 civic si.
After I drove it for about a month I spun a rod bearing so I decided to go to La Jdm and their motor only lasted me 1 month as they had sold it to me with a bent oil pan. So all in all I’ve driven this car 2 months after owning it for a year and a half.
I Finally decided to build it right so I took my original motor and sent it to LASKEY racing where it is being built as we speak I am super excited for the results and have big plans for this car.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:20 AM
Trial User

Icon7 Re: Member Introductions

Hi
Thanks for the welcome Clayton. I am a Honda Accord owner (2.2 ctdi sport) here in the UK in the county of Essex. I have had this motor since 2007 from new and have been happy with the service it has given me so far but now beginning to show its age!. It is reliable and don't have the desire to change it and intend to keep it as long as I can. I hope to find useful information and tips to keep my motor running...

Regards

Harb0
Old 06-20-2018, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi all,

Just joined in search of technical info. I owned '91 Accord, then '04 Accord and now own an '06 Pilot.
So I have a bit of experience with Hondas, as well as with Nissan and VWs.

Thanks for this great forum, which appears in Google searches quite a bit.

Cheers,
Alex AKA canister (from CANada
Old 06-20-2018, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon7 Re: Member Introductions 91 Civic DX HB & 94 Accord Ex Wagon

Hi! I'm a little old California lady who has just moved to Arizona.

I now have my daughter's 1991 Civic DX HB and am second owner of 1994 Accord EX station wagon.

I have had the wagon since 52K miles in 1997 and the HB for about 16 years. They run great but need some prettyfication.

We got the DX at 52K miles and it has been a daily driver; it runs great, but my daughter NEVER RAN THE FACTORY AIR and now it won't hold freon recharge.

She also never used the factory cassette tape player and it does not seem to work either. This car now has 152K miles on it. I must get the front end alignment checked because someone Tboned her on the passenger side bumper and it has moved 2-3 inches. I think the insurance company total ed the car. I took her a new car and took this one. Drove it from California to Vegas then to Phoenix area.... car runs great, tires don't seem to be wearing badly so frame may or may not be damaged; thus check alignment.

My wagon is a daily driver and has 213K on it. Runs great, but now has some odd chatter SOMETIMES when I step on the brakes at a good speed. Not always, but sometimes. A jerk Tboned me on the passenger wheel well so he may have bent my rim? Another jerk backed into me and broke my rear bumper. His El Cheapo insurance company (Esurance) refused to give me more than $480 towards it's replacement.... GRRR!!! I see the bumpers are $1080 and they need to be swapped out and painted to match car. So aggravating.

The A/C in my wagon has been in use when appropriate over all the years, but has always been pretty weak.... nonexistent in the back seats. Any ideas on how to juice that up for better coverage?

I am going to be reworking both cars because my husband's son is ready for his first car and we will give him one of these two, whichever he chooses.

I AM A HONDA FAN FOR LIFE. Wish they'd make a small truck.... Just don't get why they came up with the truck they did.... not enough bed for me.

Anyway, this is my situation.... Looking for some advice / assistance on how to proceed. Thanks for reading!
Old 06-24-2018, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon7 Re: Member Introductions

Hi There All! I came here looking for help with my 2002 CRV. I'm an old guy, but I still like working on my cars. I live just south of Boston, Mass. Looking forward to hearing from other folks and possibly contributing myself if I can. I will put a photo of the CRV when I get a chance, 138,000 miles, no mods to it, just trying to keep it running as long as I can. Forums are a new experience for me.
Old 06-24-2018, 06:22 PM
Trial User

My names Mac. I’ve been into cars for about 15 years now. Got an Integra after I owned 3 eclipses lol. Car has been reliable for 5 years now and now I boosted the engine. Go autoworks T3/t4 street kit. Fun car by the way but obviously more power is where I’d like to go. Basically joined this to gain some more knowledge and hoping there’s more of a Honda Acura scene in Ohio that I don’t know about.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:58 AM
Trial User

Hi, my name is Christiaan and I'm addicted to Honda.
Support group introduction aside I drive a 1987 Honda Ballade (pop-up light model) with a custom intake manifold (built not bought) to support a 36dcd weber carb
other than that she's pretty stock everything, wheels, suspension, interior... but a lot of mods to come

Photos unavailable due to technical issues but will post as soon as I can, thought I might join and do my word introduction so long.

Looking forward to many threads written and many post read
Old 06-28-2018, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've been out of the Honda game since early 00's and missed it so I recently picked up a 99 Sedan with a 98 B18C5 setup (clean matching vin's & ECU). The old owner built it as a daily / weekend track car and did some nice mods to it. I won't ever track the car and would like to make it smog legal out here in CA, so I will be pulling the C5 out and putting in a 01 C1 that I did a full rebuild on. I am going to be driving it daily 100 miles round trip so it's a shame to put so much wear & tear on this rare, C5 gem. I may try to find a 98 ITR or EK HB shell for the C5 or sell it out right, not sure. The car had never been on a dyno so power was unknown until a few weeks ago when I took it to Church up in LA. On a S300, it made 194HP to the wheels and pulls clean to 9K. Pretty respectable for stock internals.

• 98 USDM B18c5
  • 98 USDM Type R trans
  • Act clutch
  • Comptech carb legal header
  • Greddy 2.5" stainless exhaust
  • High flow cat
  • Hondata s300 / P73 A03 ECU
  • GReddy oil cooler
  • GReddy oil block adapter
  • CT engineering cold air intake
  • Oem type r intake elbow
  • Koyo radiator