Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Intro newbie torontopaul

Old 02-12-2018, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intro newbie torontopaul

I guess I have to do this to get access to create new threads.

I dont have a Honda Civic yet.
I want a Civic because I hear they are cheapest and easiest to work on. And last for high mileage. Since I dont make much money and unemployed at the moment it seems the best option. I need a car because public transit takes too long and inly goes so far. Plus winter is extremely cold when you wait an hour for a bus.

I am still not sure which civic to get, year, gen, awd, wagon, coupe, sedan, but I want something with digital display for mpg, evic oberhead conole or something. Most of the modifications will be for reliablity, durability, and driving in extreme conditions. I am not sure which year best to get with lots of aftermarket cheap parts. I want to use an OBD2 scanner tool, so 98-forward. I like the way the lights look on the 2006 generation.

I used to own a 98 dodge intrepid.

I am not a pro mechanic or certified, wish I was but real hard in Canada to get certified.
However, I am tech savvy whrn it comes to cars, I know how to do basic repairs. I hope some day to fully restore a classic car like an AMX Javelin by AMC.

For now, I will get a civic that fiys my needs and maybe do some modifications and customize it.
I just want a very reliable vehicle so maybe I will learn to rebuild the engine put better parts on it.
Trying to figure out how to make it an effective snow mobile. The snow here is quite bad, really need like 4x4 with all terrain tires or something.

Driving in a few feet of snow is difficult here but gas is very expensive otherwise I would get a truck.

it is difficult to find used cars here because of serious rust problems from snow and salt. So most people just buy new and trade after a few years. So rust protecting is important. Most used cars for sale are rusted out bad.