Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Getting a 2005 gen 2 V soon... UK

Old 12-31-2015, 06:06 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a 2005 gen 2 V soon... UK

Hey,

Will soon be getting a 2005 gen 2 CRV 2.2i-ctdi Executive. It's been in the family since new, my parents had it to 2010 and then my sister until now. She's now buying their 2010 CRV (safety pack) off them so I thought I'd have the old V off her. It's the executive spec so has heated leather, sat nav, 6sp manual, Awd, sun roof etc.
It's done 141k but had a new engine at 110k as she didn't put oil in it and it died. Engine was from a 2008 CRV with 30k on it so engine has done around 60k now.

It's pretty disgusting as she's not cleaned it since 2010 and she uses it for pulling her horse box and spends a lot of time in fields so it's mucky. Luckily it had the original rubber CRV mats in it the whole time including in the boot so it might clean up. The paint will need machine polishing as it's been neglected but there isn't any damage really. The wheels are badly stained though and have a few bad scuffs so will need refurbing or changing.

Other issues:
Drivers door card has a hole in it so will need replacing
Air con doesn't work. Apparently its something the dealer needs to reprogramme as all the parts were changed
Rear is a little saggy
Headlights need polishing as are hazy
Needs welding somewhere underneath but she's lost the mot test paperwork which states what was an advisory
Paintwork is seriously neglected and needs a machine polish
Interior needs a serious clean.

Apart from that it should be ok... And I'm only paying £1500 for it.

I hope to learn more but I plan to clean it up so we can use it whenever we need to as a spare car but over time want to do the following:

New AT tyres (the biggest I can fit to either the standard 16" wheels or maybe source some modular steels to replace them) including the spare, or spray the standard wheels black
Tinted windows
Suspension lift (just springs to give a bit more height to accommodate new tyres)
Side steps
Roof bars or rack
Reversing camera maybe (has rear parking sensors)
Some driving lights maybe, bumper or roof mounted

I don't want to spend much on it as I am only really having it so I stick my mountain bike in it/on the tow hitch carrier as I don't want to put it in my main car and to maybe move heavier items etc. but still want it to look cool. :lol:

So hopefully will be picking it up in a week or so and then will post some pics.

I love playing about with cars so should be fun....

Cheers! And happy new year