Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Charlie - New driver, new CRX, lots of questions.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Charlie - New driver, new CRX, lots of questions.

Hey Honda-Tech, my name is Charlie, I'm 16 years old, and I'm buying a 1988 CRX tomorrow (6-24-15). It runs good, and it is completely stock and unmolested. I'd like to work on the car and make some modifications of course, but I just got my license a couple months ago, and I don't know aloooot about cars. I have a lot of questions and hopefully you guys can give me some insight.
1. What online stores are good for buying parts?
2. What popular stores in the US are good for buying parts? (Exhaust, seat, rims, floor mats, receivers, pedals, anything)
3. What are some appropriate engine swaps for a CRX? How much, approximately, what a particular swap increase my horsepower/torque, and price?
4. Where would someone buy a new engine? If online and over seas, how ridiculous are the shipping costs?
5. What modifications will decrease my gas milage?
6. Where (like a business) would I go to have an engine swap done? How long would the process and service cost?
7. What kind of tools are a necessity in doing some basic work at home? (Basic work as in installing new interior things, speakers, seats, and maybe removing my wheels and engine head to remove them)
8. What businesses in WA should I go to for a new paint job? Or is it typical to DIY?

I may edit the thread later on with further questions. Any answers and experiences you guys have with this car in particular or working on cars in general will be appreciated.

Last edited by CharlieCRX; 06-23-2015 at 09:58 PM. Reason: More questions chyo.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:03 AM

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Re: Charlie - New driver, new CRX, lots of questions.

Hey Charlie,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your exciting purchase! Hope it gives you years of trouble free service.

There's an amazing community of owners and vendors here. So, it's definitely a great place to come for advice. I'm sure you will find new friends, tons of information and great ideas for your CRX here!

In regard to your question about buying parts, his forum comes very handy for DIYs and if you have a question on a particular product you are thinking of getting. Here at CARiD, we have a wide collection of parts designed for your 1988 CRX, follow the link to check them all: http://www.carid.com/1988-honda-cr-x-accessories/

We are an authorized vendor and sponsor of this forum. So, if you have any questions or need assistance finding mods, let us know, we will be more than glad to help you out.

Michael.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks Michael! I'll check it out.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Welcome! Search First, ask questions later is the motto you should be following. There are thousands of threads on swaps and parts so everything your going to ask, has been answered already. Treat that Rex nice and she will treat you nice for years!

Berz out.