Notices
Honda Insight & CR-Z Hybrid Honda Insight and CR-Z Hybrid discussion forum.

CR-Z sales figures... not good.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: CR-Z sales figures... not good.

I think it was a great idea. It just isnt good enough at either hybrid or sport lol.

35/39 if you are lucky right? but it is a what 9+ second 0-60? And the cost of 20+K.

I agree that once again. If the car was lighter, around 2000 lbs like the crx it would be better. If it had 200+ hp it would be better. If it only 10-15k it would be better.

Problem is you have all the more sporty cars for about the same price that give more power and about the same mpg! wtf honda!

I guess I will stick to my <2000 year Hondas lol
Old 08-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They need to make different models.

Cr-z Si (k-series)
Cr-z Dx (combo)
Cr-z HF (electric.. or just light weight :D )
Old 08-11-2012, 12:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If it goes, i wont lose sleep.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by vtecn8ive

Cr-z Si (k-series)
Cr-z Dx (combo)

i hope that Takanobu Ito (CEO of honda currently) reads your post and is like oh emm eff Gee!!! brilliant!!! and does what you said, cause then i would consider buying a cr-z
Old 08-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

CRZ is definitely a nice looking ride, but the performance of those things just sucks. Honda needs to release an Si trim or something.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I enjoyed driving the Fit EV over the Crz, and that's just sad lol
Old 08-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I test drove a brand new CR-Z this past Saturday and I was going with the mind set that I would love this car. As soon as I shifted into 2nd gear, it felt like it fell right onto its face and was struggling to go, even in sport mode ... I was not really that impressed.

It is a fun car but something just seems so boring about it and then I remembered what it was whenever I was driving home in my Integra GS-R, THE FUN! I instantly disliked the CR-Z alot when I was driving the Teggy home. No wonder sales are bad for the poor little car that has so much potential to be fun but instead they gave it the shaft.

Soichiro Honda once said "Without racing, there is no Honda."
Old 09-06-2012, 03:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts

Keep the car as-is for tree huggers (base model), give the EX the R18, and do an Si with a K20. Even if they only did the R18 I bet they would sell noticably better and economy probably wouldn't be much different.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vtecn8ive

Cr-z Si (k-series)
Cr-z Dx (combo)
Ditto also.

You would think, the solution to Honda's many "problems" are so easy.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Trial User

I live in KC and I've seen literally ONE. I'm kinda shocked, these things rule.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:35 PM
No Big Whoop

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't updated the numbers in a while.
They just don't seem to get any better.

June: 409
July: 330
August: 392
Sept: 335

Those are "exotic car" numbers...

See Honda, we told you. Way before it was released, way back when the specs were first announced.
The Performance of this car is an absolute failure. It is neither a sports car nor is it a good Hybrid.
It was bad on Paper back then and it is still bad today as sales figures.

Last edited by Spaceballsthelunchbox; 10-15-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've honestly seen more Chevy Volts on the road than CR-Z (I can count the number of sightings of each combined, on one hand).
Old 10-14-2012, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I looked at one when i was at the dealer the other day... I was very confused to see a 34mpg rating on the side... The car I drove there does better than that, and its bigger!
Old 10-14-2012, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think there's only like 11K of them sold total.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by scootibum
I test drove a brand new CR-Z this past Saturday and I was going with the mind set that I would love this car. As soon as I shifted into 2nd gear, it felt like it fell right onto its face and was struggling to go, even in sport mode ... I was not really that impressed.

It is a fun car but something just seems so boring about it and then I remembered what it was whenever I was driving home in my Integra GS-R, THE FUN! I instantly disliked the CR-Z alot when I was driving the Teggy home. No wonder sales are bad for the poor little car that has so much potential to be fun but instead they gave it the shaft.

Soichiro Honda once said "Without racing, there is no Honda."
haha, here i am trolling ht and i run into you, whats up man! What r u doing test driving a crz lol, u knew it was gonna b a disappointment. I agree with everyone else on the topic. Either more mpg's, power, or less price. its as simple as that but they r damn good looking.

On a seperate note, u c that 12.4 i posted on fb the other day! Still on the completely stock d series.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah, that mpg is a gd joke. my gf bought a new focus and its gets like 42/38 on a freakin gas engine haha.

i still like the looks, when you can buy a shell for like 500 bucks, ill start looking.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Funny how all of you are quick to bash but only know what's on paper I get 35 and have alot of bolt ons and stay in vtec. I know people getting 45-50+ easily in the crz. And as far as speed my crz has more torque then my gsr did and I beat 8th gen si's with mild bolt ons all day.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I personally think all the car needs is a bit of development... Price wise I do think cheaper would be awesome! For 2013 there will be some revisions. Minor visuals power and torque increases and the same MPG. (Which by the way is more like 47 than 37) Ive borrowed my friends and had a blast while getting diesel civic quality MPG haha (Checked one of those out in Europe haha pretty cool.) I like them a lot and sure hope Honda finds some more ways to get the car out there. I think there should be a more diverse engine selection too! I mean the Current 1.5 Hybrid unit is cool but they whould try maybe a 1.5 Direct Injection non hybrid option? WHy not! We shall see...
Old 10-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by b-radzf1
Funny how all of you are quick to bash but only know what's on paper I get 35 and have alot of bolt ons and stay in vtec. I know people getting 45-50+ easily in the crz. And as far as speed my crz has more torque then my gsr did and I beat 8th gen si's with mild bolt ons all day.
I agree. People hate on the car WAY too much! Most people who flame it havent even driven it! I mean look I'll be the first to say the car is by no means flawless... But it's deffinitly original and plenty fun to drive! Theres a lot of potential!
Old 10-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

not to jump off topic but has any heard of the place in newjersey where they will take your crz and 5 grand and hand you back a k20 crz overnight. ive heard it a few times now.

Honda should start dealing with the lol
Old 10-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I call bs on that there's only a few shops that have done the kswap and it's 12-15k and takes way more then a day and once you swap it there's on one shop that has gotten everything to work perfectly and thats lht. Dannys car that was in Honda tuning and was the car that was used by has port to design the mounts and theirs to design the hareness didn't even work flawlessly
Old 10-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Honda-Tech Member

So I'm reading all this about the crz looks like it is a lunch bag letdown.

My wife and neighbor told me the other day to sell all my EF stuff.

(89 civic si, 88 crx si and 91 wagon)

But in reading all of this, I believe I might be just slambing a new motor in the rex.

I was getting around 39 city in the rex.

I'm averaging 38 in the wagon with city driving.

I've got my new car which is the EP3.

I might go test drive one to see what it is all about.

I've got a friend with one and he told me Oh I'm getting 34 mpg. I was like is that all I'm getting 38 in the wagon. He about **** the bed when I told him that.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have owned a 91 CRX Si since '93, and a few other 90/91 Si hatches, etc in the years spanning then to now.

I decided to give CR-Z some ownership for a bit.
I bought a 2011 CR-Z EX CVT non nav that was lightly wrecked front end when it had 789 miles on it. I fixed it, got the rebuilt title inspection, and drove the car until 4,950 miles on it, and made the quick decision to sell it and cherish my 91 Si's alot more.

I did get a 4,000 mile plus lifetime 42.1 MPG during my driving the Cr-Z CVT.
But, my CRX Si will pull 39mpg not even trying to get the mpg. That lifetime mpg on the CR-Z was actually trying as hard as i could to get the best, tires aired to 42psi, etc.....The CR-Z when driven interstate, at 71+mph would not get better than 39/40mpg. If you drive it 55mph, it will get near 45-50mpg. CRX Si is better on both speeds all around. If the day was windy, the CR-Z mpg went way down, but the same windy day, the CRX gets 39mpg all day long.
The issue is flat out, a hybrid should get better mpg than the non hybrids of 20 years ago.
I am a member on the CR-z forum, I also did not like the CR-Z blindspot in the C pillar right of the driver, when backing, driving down a freeway etc, even with the round blindspot mirrors. Comparing visibility in it to the CRX or Civic Si hatch visibility is like comparing Apples to green beans. The CR-Z sucks, even with blindspot mirrors and even when you are careful. In my opinion the CR-Z is a wreck waiting to happen due to the poor backside visibility.
The handling was quite good, I liked the CVT, the sound system was good. The seats do not have the tilt forward remember where it was when you fold it back, like a crx. HVAC system seemed lacking in 92+ temps the CRX would have still been ice cold. There are no coat hooks. The windshield molding in the front has bad wind noise. If you have LOVED the older ones, you will think about the same as i listed.
I think Honda didn't want to sell many in the US, have you noticed lack of advertisements, etc. They should have dropped out the hybrid system in it, and just put in a 1.4L or 1.5L n/a engine and see if it will get better mpg, which i think it would. Heck I could put the CRX Si engine in it and get better mpg than the lea gets.
Also to note, a major downfall is the 400 pound total weight of the car contents.....ie, a driver weighing 180, along with the 130 pound girlfriend, a sub box and amp, and you are barely able to safely pack a cooler with you, or a bag of golf clubs. People have already blown struts on the cr-z forum when a member loaned his car to 2 obese woman lol....Yes, total occupant weight and cargo is set to 400 lbs....

also some rear damage to bumper etc

and it fixed

Last edited by bheinen74; 01-15-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Can I ask how much you sold it for with the R title? Thanks! And BTW...I totally agree.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CR-Z sales figures... not good.