Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YS1 transmission oil lines? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2002, 03:59 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS1 transmission oil lines? Help!

I got my B18C engine and YS1 transmission to install in my CRX. I did a search on this and found only one related posting with the suggestion that the oil lines on the YS1 transmission go to the power steering (PS) pump. Since the engine came with the accessories, it had the power steering pump on the engine. All of the oil lines were cut, but I did notice that it had no PS pump reservoir. Does this set up share oil between the transmission and PS pump? If so, WTF should I do with the lines, since I do not have power steering? Should I just loop it around, or is there an easy way to remove the pump in the tranny and still be able to use the speedo cable in the tranny? I hate to have that loop hanging there, waiting to get pulled loose and pump all of my tranny oil out onto the street.

Could these be for a manual tranny oil cooler? I have never heard of such a thing, but I thought maybe the LSD tranny runs hot and needs the additional cooling. Since my radiator was bad, I ordered one for an auto tranny with an oil cooler, as it was less money anyway. Should I run the lines through the cooler, even if they are supposed to go to the PS pump? Any danger of it running hotter from being in the radiator near the hot, hot coolant? Somebody help me!!!! I am so confused!!!! I need 3 different manuals for this car: One for a '91 CRX (have it); a second for a '94 Integra GSR the engine donor (much of the info in my '94 Civic manual applies); and a third for something with a YS1 tranny!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve