Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF: I Give The Car Gas and it drops in rpms like a big gulp then recovers but sputters.HELP

Old 10-25-2004, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF: I Give The Car Gas and it drops in rpms like a big gulp then recovers but sputters.HELP

OK so i start the car and immediately wants to stall but recovers. It goes "bluh, bluh, then about 10 seconds later, you can hear the intake kick in and the thermostat must kick in or something cause then the rpm's idle like normal. If i take of or try to right away, car stalls unless I let it warm up for a min or two. Even then i hit the gas, even lightly, and it drops way low in rpm's, sounds like we do when we take a big gulp of air before going under water, you can hear it through the intake sucking, then recovers, but in 4th and 5th gear it still hesitates, kinda sputters, then slowly picks up back to normal. so far replaced about everything besides, rotor, aires and oil. changed fuel filter, plugs, pcv, all hoses are new and vac lines, brand new aem intake, new cap, new thermostat, dry gas in it, fuel injector cleaner. the only thing i havent and cant till fri is rotor, or go to 4 wire O2. I am using the JDM 1 wire O2 right now adn looked like new, real clean. WHen i give it full throttle or even half it wants to hesitate, sputter, gulp, buck, jump, ****, what ever you wanna call it. I double checked to make sure that all the plugs were tight and plugged in the right spots and they are. WTF WTF WTF... I am so frustrated because only a few more weeks on the road and just got it going 2 days ago and want to enjoy it.......SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!!! THANKS

M