Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrong Inner CV Joint on DSS Stage 3 ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrong Inner CV Joint on DSS Stage 3 ???

Hi, I bought some DSS Stage 3 Axles from another HT Member for my Civic H22A Swap. When I installed everything and took the car out, the passenger side wheel was wobbling very bad (saw this even more after I jacked up the front end to confirm it). So we tried to see what was wrong with the passenger side axle and took it apart.

Nothing seemed wrong with it so I just took the inner cv and pushed it into the tranny and when in gear, it was wobbling! So I thought the inner cv was bad and decided to see if a prelude inner would do the same thing. So I put the prelude inner into the tranny and it it did not wobble! Well I decided to send it to DSS and they rebuilt the whole thing with a brand new inner but when I installed it yesterday, it did the same thing again!! So I tried the prelude inner again and it did not wobble. Bad thing is that the prelude inner does not fit on the DSS axle inner tripods.

Now, I am kinda confused since the guy I bought them from said they were from a H22A EG Civic so how come the prelude inner only works with my setup? Is it because I have a LSD tranny? I did notice that the prelude inner went more into the tranny than the DSS inner (which had about an inch gap - maybe thats why it was wobbling???)

Just thinking about sending the prelude inner and the axle back to dss so they can match up a DSS Stage 3 Inner that will match the prelude inner.

Any opinions on this?
Old 03-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Wrong Inner CV Joint on DSS Stage 3 ??? (pcguy760)

UPDATE : I JUST realised that when we did the swap, the motor came with a bad half shaft SO I used one I had from a B18C GSR since it looked the same BUT now I am wondering if they really were the same??? And to be Honest, I remember the GSR shaft not wanting to go all the way in and I removed the snap ring to make it go in all the way - now I am thinking... maybe it is too much in and causing the pass. side (dss) axle to stick out a little bit and wobble???

What do u guys think?