Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow crazy, newly installed engine has mounts break!

Old 01-09-2014, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow crazy, newly installed engine has mounts break!

Hi there,

So my head blew when I was on the freeway for my 95 civic hatchback and I decided it would be a good time to do an engine swap. I took it to the only place in range of my towing range, and they put in a b18b1 series motor from a 96 integra. They also converted it to a 5 speed manual from the same integra. They also have b series mounts, and shift linkage listed on the receipt. So 2 months later the car suddenly won't get into gear. There was a noise and I look under the car and see that the shift stabilizer is actually resting on the ground, and the engine has moved forward probably 2 inches. The car won't get in gear, as the stick is all loosy goosy. See picture.

Unfortunately I live like 2 hours from the shop, and they are playing hardball with getting it towed down there, or coming up to take care of it. They seem to want me to get it down there, and then they will fix it. Rather than fighting them, it is probably just easier to figure out a quick way to get it working enough to get it in gear and get it down there. Unfortunately, I am missing the bolt that connected the stabilizer bar in place. What type of bolt is is it? Also, I am not sure, but is there something that the bolt slides through on the actual bar, in between the bushing? It seems like there should be, but in that case I am missing that piece too. Could I just use some cable ties to hold it temporarily up? Would that allow the car to get in gear?

Thanks for your help!

upload a picture
Old 01-10-2014, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Wow crazy, newly installed engine has mounts break!

there's an exploded diagram to show what you're missing.
you need the 2 washers (#16 and #17)
and a bolt to bolt it to the transmission
this is just the stabilizer arm for the shifter. I would check your rear transmission mount to make sure it is still bolted in place. The rear bolt in the T bracket that attaches it to the subframe is sometimes done lazily.

The rear t bracket being #11 and the bolt that people typically give up on is #22. it should be a 17mm or 19mm bolt.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Great thanks for your help!
Old 01-10-2014, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey, real quick, do you know if Auto Zone would have those parts? Specifically the washer and bolt? How would I explain to them exactly what part I need if they need to order it?
Old 01-11-2014, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Doubt auto parts stores will carry those parts. They should not cost you too much at a Honda/Acura dealership
Old 01-11-2014, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd just go to a junk yard and find an integra. It'll have those parts. Years 1990-2000. Should be a 12mm bolt.