Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiring jdm harness

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring jdm harness

whats up all ..
I need help

first does anyone know where exactly is the prewired wires for vtec in the 92' cx or dx. is it taped up somewhere if so where?

2nd, are these prewired wires already plugged into the shock tower plugs or do
they need to be plugged into there correct spot. and by any chance what color are they. ( what do i look for ?)

And last, I plan on doing a jdm type-r teg swap into a 92' cx or dx using a p28 chipped.
thanx to all or future replies...
Old 08-09-2003, 09:53 PM

Default Re: wiring jdm harness (itrdreams)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itrdreams &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whats up all ..
I need help

first does anyone know where exactly is the prewired wires for vtec in the 92' cx or dx. is it taped up somewhere if so where?

yes it is prewired for our 92 cx hatch. no its not taped up. the color wire is orange/white from your ecu of a4 and leads to your shock tower plugs...

they need to be plugged into there correct spot. and by any chance what color are they. ( what do i look for ?)

yes from my previous statement the orange/white wire leads to your shock tower but not from your shock tower wire to your engine wiring harness. so what you have is an empty spot. you just have to add those wires from your vtec solenoid, vtec pressure to those empty pins to the correct location of the shock tower plugs.

And last, I plan on doing a jdm type-r teg swap into a 92' cx or dx using a p28 chipped.
thanx to all or future replies...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-09-2003, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: wiring jdm harness (itrdreams)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itrdreams &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">first does anyone know where exactly is the prewired wires for vtec in the 92' cx or dx. is it taped up somewhere if so where?

they need to be plugged into there correct spot. and by any chance what color are they. ( what do i look for ?)</TD></TR></TABLE>

They are already in the harness from the shock tower in to the ECU plugs. They are not disconnected, but just a dormant lying wire until a VTEC ECU and motor are used. The best thing to do is get a Helm's manual for a 92 Civic, especially if you plan on doing a swap. This will let you trace the wires on the harness and give a better understanding of the layout.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And last, I plan on doing a jdm type-r teg swap into a 92' cx or dx using a p28 chipped.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you plan on doing that swap, pick up a VTEC engine harness and it will make the swap almost plug and play.
Old 08-10-2003, 07:14 PM

cool deal thanx for the super fast reply
i cant wait to do the swap..