Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring in IAC on a '91 Integra LS Swapped CRX?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 02:04 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring in IAC on a '91 Integra LS Swapped CRX?

Okay, so a buddy of mine has a CRX with a B18A1 out of a 1991 Integra LS. He bought it like that and is a little car savvy but completely clueless when it comes to wiring. That's where I come in.

He bought the car pre-swapped and whoever did the job before fucked it off pretty hard. The motor the car came with ended up punching a hole in the block so we swapped another '91 LS engine in it and called it good. The only downside is that again, the guy who did the first swap fucked it off pretty hard. The car's main engine wiring harness can't be removed because whoever did the swap prior ended up splicing a bunch of stuff and bypassing the connectors just to get it to run, meaning you can't just unhook the connectors and swap the engine harness in.

Unfortunately, it appears as if there's no pigtail for the IAC.

I went to the junkayrd and pulled a pigtail out of a 1989 Integra with a B18A1 PGM-FI motor (identical to my friend's), including the wiring up to the 8-pin connector that goes on the passenger side inner fender. Unfortunately, the blue/yellow wire that runs to the ECU was already cut in the junkyard car and here's where it starts to get complicated.

According to the wiring diagrams I have, the black wire gets switched 12V, and the blue wire is a simulated ground via the ECU. Unfortunately it's not very clear which connection on the ECU is the one I need to hook it in to. It says it's a blue wire, but being the fact that the ECU has about 40 wires going to it, there's a few different blue wires, as well as three separate connectors.

Alternatively, is there any way I could perhaps start the car, and back probe the wires with my multimeter to watch the ECU modulate the IAC, to help figure out what wire it is? What kind of thing would I be looking for?
Old 09-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Technical Hero

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Re: Wiring in IAC on a '91 Integra LS Swapped CRX?

A11