Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiring help needed - obd1 lsvtec into an ek

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring help needed - obd1 lsvtec into an ek

first of, i am trying to swap an obd1 lsvtec into an ek coupe. so which wiring harness do i use? the obd1 harness from the lsvtec or the obd2 harness from the car? i thought it was the obd2 harness from the car, but now a lot of the connections do not connect (like the vtec solenoid, injectors, distributor, alternator). also, it looks like i am going to have a couple of extra connectors. i know that i am gonna have a couple extra like o2 sensor that dont connect, which ones are they? anyways, i was wondering if anyone out there could help me out with the swap. thanks in advance.

other questions, can i just swap over the stock distributor and alternator from the d16? also, which engine mount do i use for the rear mount? do i have to buy an aftermarket mount or can i modify one of the stock mounts? thanks.

*edit* - typos

Modified by ID_ten_T at 8:36 PM 12/17/2003
Old 12-17-2003, 05:34 PM

Default Re: wiring help needed - obd1 lsvtec into an ek (ID_ten_T)

anyone?
Old 12-17-2003, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i don't know the answer to your question but my quess is that your question is answered some were on here.

oooo ya it will be the same as swaping any Bseries OBDI swaps

and no you can't use your d series disi
Old 12-17-2003, 06:14 PM

Default Re: wiring help needed - obd1 lsvtec into an ek (slammed_93_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slammed_93_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oooo ya it will be the same as swaping any Bseries OBDI swaps

and no you can't use your d series disi</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, i have been digging through the archive all night long. and what do you mean by 'the same as swapping any Bseries OBDI swap"? because it is actually hard to find good info in the archives because not many people are swapping OBD1 motors into OBD2 cars since it isnt street legal. anyways, if you can explain more about being the same, i would appreciate it, thanks.

Old 12-17-2003, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ID_ten_T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">first of, i am trying to swap an obd1 lsvtec into an ek coupe. so which wiring harness do i use? the obd1 harness from the lsvtec or the obd2 harness from the car?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You really don't have much of a choice. You MUST use an OBD2 or OBD2B engine harness in an EK, there's no way around it (within reason that is). The OBD1 engine harness will only work in 92-95 Civic's and 94-01 Integra's. They are designed to work in conjunction with a cabin harness, while the EK is a 1 piece design going directly from the engine to the ECU.
If you have a 96-98 then you will reuse you stock harness or get a 96-98 EX harness for slightly better plug and play. If you have a 99-00 then you will again reuse your stock harness or get a 99-00 EX or 99-00 Si harness for slightly better plug and play.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:56 PM

Default Re: wiring help needed - obd1 lsvtec into an ek (VTECVillain)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECVillain &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
You really don't have much of a choice. You MUST use an OBD2 or OBD2B engine harness in an EK, there's no way around it (within reason that is).</TD></TR></TABLE>

i was going through the archives some more and there was some talk of using an obd2 integra harness, is this another option? and if so, is it worth it? would it make it any easier?

if not, i guess i will be using the stock ek harness. now to my next question, which connectors need to be re-pinned to obd1 (like the vtec solenoid, injectors, distributor, alternator)? also, any good how-to's or diagrams on this? and which connectors will be left unconnected (o2, any others)? thanks in advance vtecvillan, you have been a great help.

Old 12-18-2003, 04:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ID_ten_T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was going through the archives some more and there was some talk of using an obd2 integra harness, is this another option? and if so, is it worth it? would it make it any easier?</TD></TR></TABLE>

An OBD2 or OBD2B Integra engine harness is the same design as OBD1, therefore it won't work. As I mentioned the EK Civic uses a 1 piece engine harness. so you have no choice but to use an EK engine harness, no other harnesses will work.