Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring Help on B16 Swap (HAVE SEARCHED)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Help on B16 Swap (HAVE SEARCHED)

I have spent the last 20mn searching for what needs to be done to wiring up and do a complete swap with a B16A2 into a 93 CX. All i can come across are just one questions problems and not a good general idea.

So in all reality what is needed for a complete B16A2 swap into a 93CX, SOrry to repost this but i cant honestly find a Good help when i search. My other real worry is wiring it up, what is needed for this and how hard is it?
Old 04-24-2004, 02:23 PM
DYNO-PRO

Default Re: Wiring Help on B16 Swap (Just-Dumb)

to do this swap you will want to use the cx wiring harness and modify the o2 sensor and run the wires for knock sensor , vtec signal , vtec pressure.
all and all the wiring is not that hard because your using your stock harness..
Old 04-25-2004, 06:04 AM

Default Re: Wiring Help on B16 Swap (HOOKUPS)

So i assume the things you listed are pretty much all of what i would need to do. Which i think i can do.

Another really dumb question is how is fitment and can i keep the ac?
Old 05-07-2004, 11:50 AM
DYNO-PRO

ac can be kept by using the 95 delsol dohc ac bracket
Old 05-07-2004, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you can use your CX harness if you want, as mr.Hookups mentioned, but if you want to cut back on performing wiring, find yerself a 92-95 EX or Si engine harness. If you get this harness you will only need to wire in VTEC solenoid, VTPS, & the knock sensor from teh ecu plugs out to the passengerside shocktower plug, nothing more. You dont need to worrry about converting to a 4-wire 02 sensor either, its already pre-done in the EX/Si and even DX/LX engine harnesses. CX is the only harness that utilizes a single wire 02.

Now if you motor is a OBD2 spec, its HIGHLY suggested to run an OBD2 integra VTEC engine harness. Using an OBD2 integra engine harness is backwards compatible with all OBD1 vehicles, so you do not have convert your OBD2 engine's onboard electronic devices (distributor, injectors, alternator, etc) to OBD1 spec.
Old 05-07-2004, 02:04 PM
DYNO-PRO

Default Re: Wiring Help on B16 Swap (Katman)

AGREE BUT YOU CAN WORK WITH WHAT YOU HAVE, KATMANS WAY IS AWESOME BUT COSTLY
Old 05-10-2004, 05:45 PM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Katman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Now if you motor is a OBD2 spec, its HIGHLY suggested to run an OBD2 integra VTEC engine harness. Using an OBD2 integra engine harness is backwards compatible with all OBD1 vehicles, so you do not have convert your OBD2 engine's onboard electronic devices (distributor, injectors, alternator, etc) to OBD1 spec.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Where can I get More info on this?
Iv got and obd2 98 gsr motor going into an 93 with vtec. Do I use and obd2 to obd1 conv. harness? What wires are we talking about switching?

Any Help would be great
Old 05-11-2004, 12:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wiring Help on B16 Swap (si2die4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by si2die4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Where can I get More info on this?
Iv got and obd2 98 gsr motor going into an 93 with vtec. Do I use and obd2 to obd1 conv. harness? What wires are we talking about switching?

Any Help would be great </TD></TR></TABLE>

you can just ask

like i mentioned before, if you wanna put an OBD2 engine in an OBD1 vehicle, using an OBD2 integra engine is the key in making the OBD2 engine's electronics compatible with the OBD1 vehicle....as in..you dont need to convert the engine to OBD1 (finding an OBD1 distributor, injectors, & alternator). The OBD2 integra engine harness WILL plug n' play onto an OBD1 vehicle and fully work. And for the ecu, just run an OBD1 GSR ecu to power the 98 GSR engine and yer done. No need to run an ecu conversion harness, unless you wanna run the OBD2 GSR ecu, but you don't wanna do that
Old 05-11-2004, 11:49 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Katman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
you can just ask </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks
So if I use the p72 (obd1 gsr ecu correct?), I dont have to add any wires?
The car already has vtec.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Katman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> like i mentioned before, if you wanna put an OBD2 engine in an OBD1 vehicle, using an OBD2 integra engine is the key in making the OBD2 engine's electronics compatible with the OBD1 vehicle.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you mean an OBD2 integra engine HARNESS ?
So I just plug the engine harness into the strut tower clips and thats it? Or do I have to add one wire and switch 2 or something like that? If this is the case, witch wires? I have read about this a couple places but none of them are too clear?? Could you help me out or direct me to a good site? (not c-speed)

Thanks Again Katman
Old 05-11-2004, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wiring Help on B16 Swap (si2die4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by si2die4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thanks
So if I use the p72 (obd1 gsr ecu correct?), I dont have to add any wires?
The car already has vtec.

-- Yes, if you use an OBD1 P72 ecu, you will not have to add any wires for VTEC, but you might have to wire in the IAB's for the 2ndary butterfly's to function.

Did you mean an OBD2 integra engine HARNESS ?

-- YES..sorry I was thinking faster than I was typing

So I just plug the engine harness into the strut tower clips and thats it?

-- yup! there will be a couple plugs you will not use which you can just leave hanging

Or do I have to add one wire and switch 2 or something like that? If this is the case, witch wires? I have read about this a couple places but none of them are too clear?? Could you help me out or direct me to a good site? (not c-speed)

-- um, I haven't came across any sites that explain using an OBD2 integra engine harness in an OBD1 vehicle, although I will have this info on my site soon, which will pretty much be the same info I've already given you. There's nothing special you need to do, just plug in the OBD2 integra harness onto the motor & your chassis, use an OBD1 ecu, and be done.

Thanks Again Katman </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-11-2004, 12:47 PM
DYNO-PRO

KATMAN IM IN A PINCH HERE SORRY TO JACK THE THREAD BUT I NEED A RELIABLE SOURCH TO PROGRAM ECUS THAT I CARRY IN MY SHOP ...INTERESTED???
Old 05-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wiring Help on B16 Swap (HOOKUPS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HOOKUPS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">KATMAN IM IN A PINCH HERE SORRY TO JACK THE THREAD BUT I NEED A RELIABLE SOURCH TO PROGRAM ECUS THAT I CARRY IN MY SHOP ...INTERESTED???</TD></TR></TABLE>

sure.. IM or email me