Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiring before swap or after? some questions & confirmations!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring before swap or after? some questions & confirmations!!!

Doing a 96 lx (d16y7) swap with 98 b18c1. Should I wire the gsr harness onto the car before i put the engine in?, so that the swap goes as quick as possible!

The 98 gsr ecu comes with a fuel pressure sensor does anyone know if it is possible to tap into the ecu and get rid of this? I know I should use the 96-97 ecu cause it doesnt have the sensor, but funds are low cant get the ecu right away. Will the car start without the proper signal from the sensor? I read that if you leave the car in the acc position for 15sec it should start cause the fuel lines will pressurize???? is that true??

Also i want to put a CAI in what one will work?? or which one needs the least modifications to work?

Can I use my stock d series rad wtih the motor? for the time being untill i pick up a si or teg rad?

Can anyone warn me of any problems i might run into before i run into them???

Thanks guys

Ps this what I summerized that I need can someone double confirm???

-GSR MotorAlternator/Dizzy/PS Pump/AC comp
-GSR Tranny/Flywheel/clutch/Starter
-GSR ECU (ONLY GSR OBD-2 96-98 will work)
-GSR Motor wiring Harness (GSR only, SiR will NOT work)
-SiR/GSR upper tranny mount
-97-00 SiR Rear LOWER tranny mount ***IMPORTANT only one that will work***
-SiR/GSR left upper engine mount
-Stock front lower engine mounts
-GSR/SiR Shift linkage (B-series)
-GSR/SiR Axels (B-series)
-GSR/SiR Rad hoses (larger than civic)
-Del Sol VTEC/99+ US Civic Si A/C mounting bracket - to match your AC compressor make. ie. Nippondenzo (only if you want AC)
-GSR Exhaust manifold + Catalytic converter

-add Vtec oil pressure switch, vtec solenoid, Secondary intake solenoid, and knock sensor wiring to the Civic intermediate Harness at the ECU (will not need to do this if im using the gsr harness???)

Thanks Again!!!!
Old 05-27-2004, 12:29 PM

Default Re: wiring before swap or after? some questions & confirmations!!! (96lxb18csoon)

Anyone???
Old 05-27-2004, 11:07 PM

Default Re: wiring before swap or after? some questions & confirmations!!! (96lxb18csoon)

you cannot use your GSR harness on the 96 up chassis....do you want to stay smog legal ??
Old 05-28-2004, 03:53 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96lxb18csoon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Should I wire the gsr harness onto the car before i put the engine in?, so that the swap goes as quick as possible!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I recently swapped a B18c into my civic and I cannot imagine doing the wiring after the car is in the car. You really have to squeeze it in under the intake manifold and some of the plugs would be a pain to get to. Definitely wire it up while it's out.