Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

will 95 gsr air box intake tube fit 93 cx?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will 95 gsr air box intake tube fit 93 cx?

thanks
Old 01-30-2002, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: will 95 gsr air box intake tube fit 93 cx? (CIV616)

(Info on stock intakes, aftermarket intakes - read below)
Yes and no, I'm running a gsR intake box (same as LS) and LS intake tube on my '93 Si. You'll need to removethe leg on the box where it touches the radiator hose (you'll see what I mean). And make a new hole on the part where your original box sat - and you'll use the rear leg and attatch it to the bracket on the shock tower. Also get a big clamp (I used one off my boy's saturn - that holds on tight as hell) and tighten it down. After that I noticed it actually freed up some hp up top, but lost some torque on my low-end. Overall better than my previous setup: Open cone-type filter on the stock civic hose. Also it sounds a lot meaner than my old open-intake. BTW this is on my current motor, '93 Civic Si (sohc vtec for now). PS. Trust me, there is enough hood clearance, and it just touches your radiator overflow tank.
(Aftermarket)
I'm not sure if it will fit b/c the throttlebody sits lower and the polished-tube will sit higher than normal if used with any d-series ('cept for 96+ DX) or b16a or ITR motor. You can get away with a LS intake, the air filter should sit behind your radiator overflow tank, or the cold-air would dip down and sit below the overflow tank.