Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where did you get your engine? Overall experience with company?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2001, 12:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Where did you get your engine? Overall experience with company? (hybridxcivic)

I have purchased a motor form jdm1.com got my 98 JDM ITR Complete Swap for $4300 but that was due to all the inconvienances... I still have not recived my motor yet but I should by the end of this week. Shaan the guy who sold my motor to me was very helpful and courteous. But until I speak further about him I am still waiting for mine to come in then I can really tell you the overall experience.

I have a friend who recently just purchased an H22a from him but we are still waiting for taht also. It should come in by this week so i will let all of you know the outcome. By the way the H22a Complete swap was $2700 and its a 95... Due to some misunderstanding we might have to return this motor b/c my friends car is a 97 accord lx...

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks all

Nam
Old 08-01-2001, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where did you get your engine? Overall experience with company? (serenity)

Anyone ever use http://www.hondamotorsonline.com to get theirs?
Old 08-08-2001, 02:03 PM
New User

Default Re: Where did you get your engine? Overall experience with company? (HondaCRX)

I got mine from a kid locally who decided to go H22. I found the deal on Parts Trader. I paid 3,500 and the motor had less than 10,000 on it (i verified that independently with the wreaking yard where he got it). It's been running great for a year and a half. If you buy from an individual NEVER NEVER NEVER do it sight unseen. Check the **** out first. I have heard horror stories of people being shipped crates full of rocks and **** like that. Never trust anyone where large sums of money are concerned.

Mike
Old 08-15-2001, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where did you get your engine? Overall experience with company? (HondaCRX)

Has anyone dealt with jdmhondaparts?
http://www.jdmhondaparts.com
Old 08-15-2001, 05:20 PM
New User

Default Re: Where did you get your engine? Overall experience with company? (TurboAce)

I wonder how many of you who bought motors from SohFast have had your block numbers checked....that wad sucker sold me 4 stolen motors...hmmm maybe that is why the FBI calls him almost daily now. And expensive as #%*@ if you are buying anything but a full swap.
Old 08-20-2001, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where did you get your engine? Overall experience with company? (KawiGreenHYBRID)

my friends, my bro, and I have delt with a few places -

sohfast.com - EXCELLENT service.. prices are.. ehh.. are there but with the service we got, it was worth it

importautosalvage - EXCELLENT service as well - sent a bummed axle but replaced ASAP once told

craftyvtec - forgot his web site address he's in NJ - friend purchased a motor from him - EXCELLENT service. provided paper work and all

k.watanabe - sold my friend two bummed 1st Gen B16a's! Both sludged up and nasty .. sure "only 30-35k miles" my (_I_) haha!

[Modified by EGinNJ, 7:37 PM 8/20/2001]

[Modified by EGinNJ, 7:40 PM 8/20/2001]

[Modified by EGinNJ, 7:42 PM 8/20/2001]
Old 08-20-2001, 10:22 PM
New User

Default Re: Where did you get your engine? Overall experience with company? (Big James)

http://www.importautosalvage.com

these guys know their swaps. after a buddy of mine had gotten his gsr swap from them, i ordered my b16a. it came out of a 2000 si......9000 miles. the shipment arrived--- it was flawless. immaculate, clean, and professionally packaged. everything i needed was there. these guys do awesome work. talk to larry jr. for help.
.......on the subject of "sohfast" lets just say i better not respond.

--j.

Old 08-21-2001, 01:47 AM
Banned

Default Re: Where did you get your engine? Overall experience with company? (aliasb16a2)

you guys are right!!! larry jr. and randy are great guys--very professional, very prompt, and they do about anything to help about anyone...i recommend this place to everyone i know!
-justin
Old 08-21-2001, 02:47 PM
New User

Default Re: Where did you get your engine? Overall experience with company? (aliasb16a2)

You know I have never used import auto salvage but I have visited their site and heard from people who have dealt with them and they look to be the most professional I have seen yet...and if they actually crate their motors for shipping the way they show on their site that is the most professional crate job I have seen from any motor shipper.
Old 08-21-2001, 05:41 PM
New User

Go Motors http://www.japaneseusedengines.com

Got a great deal for a '94 JDM (yes, right hand drive) delSol VTEC front clip (the whole front half of the car). Since it was the whole clip, it included the 170HP B16A, half shafts, ECU, harness (backwards but useful), shift linkage, suspension, radiator, etc. Unfortunately, there is now half a stripped delSol sitting in my garage.

He has a JDM Integra GSR front clip available now for $6K. Hurry while it lasts.
Old 08-27-2001, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Has anyone purchased their motors from:
http://www.hondamotorsonline.com
Old 08-28-2001, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where did you get your engine? Overall experience with company? (TurboAce)

JDMHONDAPARTS.com is a good place to find quality JDM parts and motors....they are local here in Pasadena run by Sheng and Katman
Old 08-29-2001, 03:46 AM
New User

Default Re: Where did you get your engine? Overall experience with company? (KawiGreenHYBRID)

You know I have never used import auto salvage but I have visited their site and heard from people who have dealt with them and they look to be the most professional I have seen yet...and if they actually crate their motors for shipping the way they show on their site that is the most professional crate job I have seen from any motor shipper.
They really do package their motors like that.

A cople of other things that I would like to praise them for. Like I said, the ECU they sent me was OBD2. I needed OBD1. Larry Jr sent a GSR ECU to HASport for me and had it burned for my situation. The valve cover was also cracked somehow. He sent a new one 2nd day air. The last thing was the TB. I needed one that had a rotor for an auto tranny. My motor was from a 5 speed. He sent me a new TB with no problem at all. Great guy.
Old 09-02-2001, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where did you get your engine? Overall experience with company? (Big James)

Is a long block ALL internal parts, pistons, crank, valves, and cam, but no water or oil pumps, and misc valves
Old 09-04-2001, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where did you get your engine? Overall experience with company? (rascord)

I bought my JDM B16A SiR2 complete swap from hondamotorsonline.com for $2700 shipped. Took only about 9 days from the time he recieved my money to be at my door.

Here are some pics to prove it too... http://hai.clubrsx.com/vbulletin/sho...&threadid=2075
Old 09-12-2001, 08:45 AM
New User

Default Re: Where did you get your engine? Overall experience with company? (smokin rubber)

[qoute]Is a long block ALL internal parts, pistons, crank, valves, and cam, but no water or oil pumps, and misc valves
[/quote]

No a long block is the whole motor from Throttle body to oil pan including all internals fromt the block and head. The onlything that should not come with a long block is the tranny, axles, mounts and ECU.

[Modified by KawiGreenHYBRID, 5:46 PM 9/12/2001]
Old 09-18-2001, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Japanese Import Engines

ordered a b16a1 with lsd tranny swap
wound up getting a b16a1 with J1 tranny (ecu was the only thing that came with it)that wasn't fixed and cleaned (sent wrong engine)

bought that one and still waiting for the correct engine to be shipped with all its parts...b16a1 with lsd tranny, intermediate shaft, axles, shift linkage, engine harness, and ecu

overall i got a good price but then got the wrong engine...now after buying the bad one i'm waiting for the good one...i'm not too happy right now...had to postpone my swap
Old 09-19-2001, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Where did you get your engine? Overall experience with company? (jaje)

that sucks..... hope it gets better for ya
Old 09-20-2001, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Import auto is one of the best places to get VTEC motors. I have dealt with them several times and no probs. Props to Joe at HaSport as well.
Old 09-24-2001, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where did you get your engine? Overall experience with company? (91sifreak)

these b16a motors you bought from japan direct, how much were the packages? they don't list them on their website. thanks
Old 10-25-2001, 03:39 PM

I got mine from http://www.jdmhondaparts.com
Im happy with mine.Paid $1600 shipped to my door and on time too!

-Dan
Old 10-28-2001, 10:04 PM
New User

Default Re: Where did you get your engine? Overall experience with company? (Dank26)

Wussup with jdmhondaparts, is their website up yet? Last i was on it looked like it was still under construct.
Old 10-30-2001, 07:08 AM

I got my ZC from ARD Perfomance (not recommended), read on...

I paid top dollar ($1350.00 including shipping to FL) for a ZC, ZC 5 speed, and ecu. My credit card wuz charged the above amount, then a few days later I get an email from them stating "We just sent out our last ZC but we are getting another shipment of motors pretty soon. We will keep you informed." That wuz the last email I ever got from them (dispite the stack i've sent them) to this day.

The motor (ect) did arrive, but it was loose and bouncing arround the truck. The straps were still intact which tells me the moron who ships them ...well... is a moron.

The oil pan was CRUSHED and had to be replaced. There was also a good deal of damage to other parts (TPS, valve cover...ect) that had to be delt with.

After installation it was found that the bearings in the ZC trany are shot... grind, grind, grind. This is supposed to be 30-40K miles or less equipment!?!

This experience has been like what I would imagine prison sex to be... just a bad time.
Old 10-30-2001, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where did you get your engine? Overall experience with company? (Guardson3r3)

I bought mine from Nippon. They are good. They offer a start warranty that's it. They don't gurantee that it will pass emissions or anything. They are pretty good. I've bought 3 engines from them
Old 11-01-2001, 08:20 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: Where did you get your engine? Overall experience with company? (Apex i ITR)

I work at a shop in GA and we have gotten numerous swaps from:

IMPORT AUTO SALVAGE

They are THE best in my opinion. Larry Jr. actually builds racecars and does swaps all day long, so he knows PERSONALLY exactly what you'd need if doing a swap. Randy is also very excellent in the customer service area as well.

I have personally bought a GS-R swap from him, and my fiancee's B16A2 came from Larry, as well as 4 of my closest friends' swaps. I have also bought seats, steering rack, etc. from him and everything is top-notch clean and reasonably priced.

My ITR swap came from a local guy who totalled his car, but Larry Jr. also gets those too.

I.A.S gets a lot of good USDM swaps, COMPLETE swaps with the following (long):

Engine, tranny, mounts, ECU, wiring harness, shift linkage, exhaust manifold w/secondary pipng, CAT w/ 02 sensor(s), axles, intermediate shaft, SHIFTER and ****, box of misc. bolts and pins in case you lost some, and EVERY hole is capped off and NO hoses come cut!

You can literally recieve a neatly-packed swap and buy NOTHING to complete the swap. EX: B16A into EG - everything is there, so you could literally buy this swap and DROP it in. No extra parts to buy at ALL.

He also ships you a re-chipped ECU if you need to run an OBDII motor in an OBDI car, whatever!

In addition to the most COMPLETE USDM swaps around, they also have JDM swaps and front clips, now too.

1-800-962-8922 Getting to speak directly to Larry Jr. can prove to be annoying, but he is busy and it's wirth the trouble. Randy is just as good to talk to also.

I.A.S is THE ****!

Rant over.

Quick Reply: Where did you get your engine? Overall experience with company?