Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what radiator (A/C? in the future) & what fuel pump for k20a swap EK

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default what radiator (A/C? in the future) & what fuel pump for k20a swap EK

I need as much info as I can get here - TIA.

I am not sure what application to get for an aftermarket radiator. I know the radiator must be custom mounted either way - but is one easier to mount than the other? any drawbacks between one made for 96-00 civic VS. one for RSX-S? I was thinkin about a C&R or fluidyne - open to suggestions

does any have A/C(running this swap)? would one radiator be better than the other if I wanted A/C? I know if I used a RSX radiator I would probably have to use a RSX condenser - would/could that even fit? (or is this completely uncharted territory)

I was thinking of getting a Aeromotive or walbro(or other - open to suggestions) fuel pump - can I get some suggestions on what PPH & PSI - I should be looking into. Would be for all motor setup...maybe running big cams in the future

EDIT - hoping for 220+ whp - Brain G stated a 99 Si radiator & stock fuel pump...but i was thinking the DX fuel pump tends to level off around 220whp

Modified by adirondackR at 10:05 AM 7/27/2004
Old 07-28-2004, 04:15 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: what radiator (A/C? in the future) & what fuel pump for k20a swap EK (adirondackR)

You can buy a custom $500 radiator... I would use the RSX one. As far as A/C, I wouldn't worry about it right now. Out of the 10-15 K series hybrids, I still have not seen one with A/C. I would wait for someone to come up with a KIT for it.

I would use the RSX radiator.

As far as the fuel pump, Walbro would be fine. GSR fuel pump would do that job as well IMO.

I understand about getting everything done right the first time, but I would concetrate more on getting the car to run and later on when the big horsepower comes, I would add the custom parts to support that kind of horsepower.

Unlike B series where most combinations have been tried, k series is more like trial by error.

Basically my advice is to keep the budget low by adding what is needed for the car to run and later on to worry about A/C , fuel cutoff etc...

IMO 230whp could be achieved with the stock parts.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: what radiator (Nikos)

A 99 Si radiator is adequate, an RSX or EP radiator is better.

The stock fuel pump will be fine unless you plan to boost the engine.

brian g
Old 07-29-2004, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: what radiator (brian g)

I am currently in the process of swapping a k20a2 in my car as we speak. It should be done this weekend god willing. I have a 2000 SI and i am using the Fluidyne half size for the b16 since i already had it. I have moved the radiator to the driver side and it works perfectly fine. I am planning on using a/c in the future as well. However, i was just looking through a new magazine the other day and found the best alternative i have seen yet. Full Blown Racing offers a radiator specifically for this swap. It also has plugs so you can tap the bottom of the radiator for the coolant temp sensor and fan switch which is necessary for the swap. I will let u know how the swap comes out and i hope this was some help for you.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:50 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: what radiator (DreamType-S)

I heard about full blown racing option too but $500 is way to much for a radiator IMO.