Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what else will i need? h22a swap into a 94 civic ex

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what else will i need? h22a swap into a 94 civic ex

i have a 94 civic EX. this is what oska says they include with the swap.
Motor
Transmission
Engine Wiring Harness
All required Cables
ECU
Engine Mounts
Distributor
Complete Intake Manifold
Alternator
A/C
Power Steering Pump
All Brackets and Sensors

besides needing a motor mount kit( i do need this right?)(which is best?) what else will i need, im talking entirely what would i need before doing the swap? will the ecu wiring harness in my car hook up to the h22a? any other info would be cool. thanks
Old 12-05-2002, 07:38 PM

Default Re: what else will i need? h22a swap into a 94 civic ex (tek_civic)

i've heard that hasport makes some good mounts
Old 12-07-2002, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what else will i need? h22a swap into a 94 civic ex (B18RCoupe)

Word to that. I'll suggest the HASport mounts over any of the others available today.
Old 12-08-2002, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what else will i need? h22a swap into a 94 civic ex (Specail Ed)

carlisle,pa... specail ed what do u drive?
Old 12-08-2002, 02:29 PM

Default Re: what else will i need? h22a swap into a 94 civic ex (tek_civic)

you are going to need axles to support the weight of the motor, and some bad *** tires to hook up. I would pull axles off a stock prelude and bolt them onto your civic. I am not sure though about your stock wiring harness bolting up correctly?
Old 12-08-2002, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what else will i need? h22a swap into a 94 civic ex (turbocivic)

You can get Harness adapter from Hasport or
http://66.27.132.142:85/harnessconverters.htm
Old 12-08-2002, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what else will i need? h22a swap into a 94 civic ex (ace1875)

What you can also do is take your stock Harness out and put in complete H22 harness will save you harness adaptor money
Old 12-08-2002, 11:00 PM

Default Re: what else will i need? h22a swap into a 94 civic ex (ace1875)

You will need '90+ Accord half shaft. And '90-93 INtegra axles. Use the '92-'93 GSR axles. THey are designed to hold stock 160 hp, as opposed to the LS, 130-140. Axles snap easily with H22. I have the swap, i know.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: what else will i need? h22a swap into a 94 civic ex (turbocivic)

wow alot of confusion on alot of things.

you are going to need axles to support the weight of the motor, and some bad *** tires to hook up. I would pull axles off a stock prelude and bolt them onto your civic. I am not sure though about your stock wiring harness bolting up correctly?
very wrong info. don't take this advise.

you will need the complete engine swap (ecu, tranny, motor) blah blah, everything you mentioned EXCEPT, you can throw away/sell the prelude stock mounts, prelude stock axles (just the axles), a/c and power steering pump.

MAKE SURE the engine comes with the MAP sensor and the MAP sensor bracket (because on Prelude's the bolt to the firewall), AS WELL as the stock Resistor Pack.

Being you have an EX, wiring is cake (you have the exact car as me). You will need to keep your EX stock harness and adapt that to the H22A. You are going to need to pull wires from the stock jdm H22 harness and add it to the EX harness.

All you NEED to add is knock sensor (which is located at the back of the engine near the head) to D3 onto the ECU. The rest you need to extend things like the alternator cables, O2 wires, switch the stock Injector harnesses to the prelude type as well as wire up the Resistor pack.

Optional wiring: you have EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) which I would just block off and not wire at all (due to mess of vacuum lines, and 5 added wires), secondary butterflies (IAB) which you can wire up if you want secondary runners working as stock (for this, you add sensor voltage and the other wire goes to A17 on the ECU connector). Other than that, you can put a vacuum line on the IAB valve and connect it to the intake manifold so they also function well.

To answer your question on the P13 ECU connecting to the Civic harness, yes it clips in just fine. They all are the same.

Here is a GIF of the ECU pin-outs so you know exactly where they go:

For connecting the clutch use your stock civic hydraulic hose and it will bolt up to the H22 tranny.

For connecting the fuel line You can go to Pepboys and purchase an extended fuel hose and make your own fuel hose if you like, otherwise, I would look up in a phone book and have an enlarged custom fuel hose made to connect the fuel filter/fuel rail. The fuel hose will need to be about 2 1/2 feet long.

For mounts I recommend HASports because I have them and love them, although HCP is very good as well.

For cooling You need a dual core radiator. You can get an Aluminum one as I did from C&R racing which works wonders. Or you can also get any Integra Radiator (94-01) with slim fans, a 99-00 Si radiator, or Del Sol VTEC radiator. Any of the OEM Denso Radiators you will need to purchase a Slim fan (FAL, SPAL, etc.). For hoses, get a 1992 Integra LS Upper radiator hose. You need to trim a small piece off and fits perfectly. And for the lower radiator hose, a 1994 Del Sol VTEC hose.

You have several options for axles. You can either:

- Keep the prelude mid-shaft and get custom DSS axles. This price is approx $340 for Stage 1 custom axles. I have this and love them.

- Take off the prelude mid-shaft and get yourself a 93 Accord midshaft and use 90-93 Integra Left/Right Axles.

- Keep the prelude mid-shaft and purchase a 90-93 integra right (passenger) axle, and get a custom hybrid axle (with prelude inner CV joint with integra shaft & outer CV joint) from Raxles.

For the alternator belt when you remove the A/C. Go to Checker, AutoZone, or NAPA and get yourself a 36 or 37 inch belt with 6 teeth on them. The part number for these stores is 060370 or 060360.

When you swap the H22, it'd be easier to remove the exhaust header, and the throttle body. Make sure you remove the throttle body, because the MAP sensor and TPS are very fragile and due to huge motor into small engine bay, it's better safe than sorry.

Good luck. peace.