Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What does my H22 TURBO need, not WANT, need in order to run?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does my H22 TURBO need, not WANT, need in order to run?

What does my h22 turbo need in order to run good for daily driving and a little bit of

street play. Ok, a lot of street play. This is what I got guys and I am getting mixed

input on what to do. I have a 1993 honda civic dx 4dr with a 97 h22 motor in it that

originally had an auto trans, but now has a manual prelude tranny, I believe the

motor is usdm. I think I am running stock gsr injectors which are 240cc cuz there is

no resistor box on my setup. I have megan racing adjustable cam gears, stock

intake manifold and throttle body, motor is a stock block, head hasn't been touched

either. Running an aem fuel rail with aem regulator. I have a t3o4 hybrid turbo setup

(.48 a/r and .60). Equal length manifold, with tial wastegate set with a .4 bar spring

which is 6lbs and a tial blow off, a spearco style intercooler, 2 step boost controller, 2

inch thick radiator, fidanza lightened flywheel, act stage 3 clutch, 3 inch downpipe to

a 2.5 inch exhaust all the way back. No cat. The car has just been turbo'd like I

haven't even drove it yet, its still in the shop. Before you flip out about my injectors,

I do have 450cc dsm ones that are gonna be installed along with a low impedance

resistor box. Here's my question, i have a p06 that was chipped to a p13, and im

running hondata s200 with 3step and datalogging. This is a stock motor and will only

be boosting a max of 9lbs if that for now. What do I do for hondata purposes, do i get

the boost option with the 3 bar map sensor, and extended 6 colomns they add to the

fuel and ignition tables, or do i stick with what i have, since the stock map sensor will

read all the way up to 11 lbs of boost before throwing errors? And whats the best and

cheapest way to get it tuned right? Do i need rom editor and that romulator device?

Should i just have it taken to a dyno, or have it street dynod using a wideband? I

dont know where to go from here as hondata is concerned. Please help. My screen

name on aim is spoolingpower. Any ideas are most appreciated. I also have pictures

upon request.

Modified by spoolingpower at 8:12 PM 3/14/2004