Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do I need for AC in my Type R Del Sol?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do I need for AC in my Type R Del Sol?

Alright so I swapped a JDM 98-01 Type R in my 94 Del Sol S. Originally I was gonna leave AC out of the car to put a larger radiator in it but now that summer is here I realize I need the AC more than I thought. So my question is what components do I need to get running AC and could anyone lead me somewhere with instructions on how to install it?

I believe the engine came with the compressor(if that's what the AC component is called actually attached to the engine).

So what else do I need? What model and year should the Condensor, wiring, bracket, and whatever else I would need to come out of. I don't know all components of an AC system so please let me know anything I missed. When I bought the del sol it didn't have AC in it so I haven't had AC for the life of the car, so I have no D series components for it.

Thanks!!
Old 07-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do I need for AC in my Type R Del Sol?

UWOTM8
Old 07-06-2013, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do I need for AC in my Type R Del Sol?

you can use all the stock stuff from a Del Sol . You just have to buy a Del Sol VTEC A/C compressor bracket. Then it all bolts in. Hard to say what you need cause you don't know what you have.

If you want to use the Type R compressor you will need A/C lines to match it.

Your Del Sol was R12 and any new parts you get will be R134. It would be best to buy a complete used R134 system from a del sol, the VTEC bracket, new o rings, new expansion valve, and new dryer. Then have a pro install it. AC components are very finicy and if you dont know what you are doing installing them and properly oiling and charging them they will not work correctly.