Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is the benifit of ITR LCA's?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is the benifit of ITR LCA's?

i have heard alot of stuff but havn't seen pictures or actualy mesurments fo dimentions or weight comparisons...

anyone have this mod done? would i be better off with SRR, OMNI, MEGAN or somthing along those lines?
Old 11-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what is the benifit of ITR LCA's? (martingouda)

i just finished a 5lug on my car and i say its a typer for a reason....plus i like factory...
Old 11-15-2005, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that was pretty much the least informative answer i have ever recived to a question in my life.

Personly i think you have no idea why you swaped to a type r other than to make your sticker that was on the car legitimate.

now if you would like to be help full and prove me wrong please give me a reason to believe that honda didn't source stock lca's from the parts bin and that you wern't swindled.

to do that all you have to do is give me dimentions or weights of the itr's that arn't matching the stockers.

until then i will have no respect for the JDMstyles~Premier Tuning Crew and your slogan...

"The Culture...Not the Trend.."

if that were true you would have answered the question with facts and tech info instead of emoticons and the terms 5 lug and type r in one sentence while not saying anything about the lca's at all.

Old 11-16-2005, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (martingouda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by martingouda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

now if you would like to be help full and prove me wrong please give me a reason to believe that honda didn't source stock lca's from the parts bin and that you wern't swindled.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

How can he prove you wrong? You asked a question, not a very good one. Granted the response you got wasn't a very good one, but you're far too new to be trying to insult people. If you're so intelligent and know the answer already, then why are you asking the question? As for the ITR rear lower control arms, the benifit to those arms is they are already drilled for a rear sway bar. GSR arms are not. The shock mounting points are also different. GSR and ITR rear suspensions are completely different. Did that help you at all or are you just to flame me?
Old 11-16-2005, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think it was a legit question? why not? with an ******* answer to boot. IMHO ...I think they are lighter compared to standard OEM LCA's...but I could give a **** about whats JDM, typeR, or any of that ****...I just want works and performs the best be it OEM, aftermarket
Old 11-17-2005, 05:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hybrid89)

RANT
---------------
listen i am not here to rag on anyone and maybe i came off a bit harsh there but i was under the impression that this site was a TECH RESOURCE. my local site (torontocivics.com) is full of children talking about jdm this and type-f that. i am tired of all the hype around ctr's itr's and other r's that really don't make a diffrence at all to performance.

type R hvac controls?
type R carpets?

i mean realisticaly my question was based on the fact that i was curious to see if gsr's and itr's were given lightweight parts with perhaps a diffrent length between the pivot points to act as a manufacturers camber correction based on a lowered ride hight. (which by the way i found in 1995 eg's over 1993 eh's) but the answer i recived from this tech resource was nothing short of some loser spouting his jdm poetery all over my post.

realisticaly as a newb i only get 5 posts a day so i can't be wasting them on questions that are only going to get answered by

"i love vtec, my b16arthevlkjfna JDM jap spec motor can pull like your mother after 7000 rpm!"

so instad of wasting this one on a rant alone let me help others.

ACTUAL INFORMATION YOU SHOULD READ STARTS HERE...
---------------
Delsol's DO NOT share all parts with EG hatch civic. the LCA"s on a delsol are slightly longer and incorperate a strage bend that makkes the LESS torsionaly ridgid and slightly longer than the regular EG lca's.

using eg lca's on a delsol should actually reduce your positive camber by about 2 degrees based on the new dimention of the lcs and the diffrence in mesure from the strut to the inner mount hole.

however the bushings are identical and so are the dimentions of the screws and holes so feel free to use an eg bushing set in the del lca's or visaversa.

as for me i have eg's in now and they seem to be doing a good job with the tokico blues and coilovers however it is VERY STIFF due to the new lca's and lower tie bars and until i have the lower bar in the front as well i can't really judge the whole package (that's going in tonight)

MORAL OF THE STORY...
---------------
READ THE SITE RULES. if you can't read that much then let me sum it up for you right here and now. if you don't have a good answer then stfu, newb or not, this site is for helping not for hating or braging.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You are very correct, this site used to be a very good technical source. Now it's just flooded by everybody screaming JDM this and JDM that. For you to get any kind of relative answer from the few left on here that know what they're talking about, you have to ask the right question. Essentially you asked about ITR lower control arms, right? But what car are you working on and what should we compare them too? The GSR and ITR lower control arms are different as I previously stated. The ITR pieces are forged steel, while some of the other you mention are aluminum. So if you're looking to reduce weight while still having the same mounting points, aftermarket is where you should go. Are you looking to correct camber by switching lower control arms? Again, try to be a little more specific and hopefully you'll get the answers you're looking for.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

realisticaly i didn't want to give people the goals that i was trying to achive in the question based on the fact that i know everyone onhere would have shouted in unison "OMNI POWER" or "D2" depending on which they like more, purple or gold.

i was only looking for the facts on the parts as they were compared to each other and wanted to know what those diffrences were so i could choose for my self which best suited my needs.

though weight is an issue for me i am not concerned to the point of spending unnessary money on that when i know money could better be turned into power that will pull the dead weight so my main issue was what was the best answer for my suspention to stay close to stock but perhaps adjust camber on the lower end to straighten out the shocks a bit more. (see scc mag's comprehensive guuide to suspention if you don't know why i would want to)

anyways.. .like i said, thanks for your answer it really was helpful but yeah... all these GAYDM kids are gettin to me. ususaly i can be found on toyota sites where jdm isn't as cool as actually functioning systems and people buy parts on thier merit instead of thier manufactures plan for release.

all that said tonight i am painting my turn signals orange. not to look jdm but beacuse i just like the look of it.

Old 11-18-2005, 08:36 PM

aside from the mounting [shock mount] diff between the 2 LCA, IMO there would be no appreciable gain going to ITR LCA.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (ekek888)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1268359

that might help if you filter though some stuff. try searching in the CRX/Civic forms too..

88 CRX's have the itr style rear suspension as well, so there is some debate comparing the two styles.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:13 PM

Default Re: (Specail Ed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Specail Ed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As for the ITR rear lower control arms, the benifit to those arms is they are already drilled for a rear sway bar. GSR arms are not.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is incorrect. All Integra models have rear sway bars; the ITR's is just bigger. It's quite easy to bolt an ITR rear sway bar into a GS-R without changing the LCAs.

Maybe you're thinking of the Civic (DX) LCAs, which are not drilled for a sway bar.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dwolsten)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dwolsten &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This is incorrect. All Integra models have rear sway bars; the ITR's is just bigger. It's quite easy to bolt an ITR rear sway bar into a GS-R without changing the LCAs.

Maybe you're thinking of the Civic (DX) LCAs, which are not drilled for a sway bar.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ah, yes, you are correct. A little brain fart there.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (ekek888)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ekek888 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">aside from the mounting [shock mount] diff between the 2 LCA, IMO there would be no appreciable gain going to ITR LCA.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I 2nd this motion.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Katman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Katman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I 2nd this motion.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

im sure honda did this for reason. they do everything for a reason.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TypeSiR)

well actually, this 'box' style LCA is lighter than the US style rear LCA...
Old 11-27-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Re: (Katman)

the main reason for ITR LCA is so that the endlinks of the sway bar can mount a little closer towards the front of the car due to the design of the LCA. This is needed because the ITR sway bar is mounted directly to the subframe. If you tried mounting a ITR sway bar to the subframe, and bolt it to a stock integra LCA, you'd cause a slight angle between the endlinks and the LCA, causing your ride to ride stiffer than it its meant to. Here's a link of it being discussed. I just added washers to make it better and it has been holding up.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=601165
Old 11-28-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Re: (mingbling96)

JDM
Old 11-28-2005, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Specail Ed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Specail Ed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How can he prove you wrong? You asked a question, not a very good one. Granted the response you got wasn't a very good one, but you're far too new to be trying to insult people. If you're so intelligent and know the answer already, then why are you asking the question? As for the ITR rear lower control arms, the benifit to those arms is they are already drilled for a rear sway bar. GSR arms are not. The shock mounting points are also different. GSR and ITR rear suspensions are completely different. Did that help you at all or are you just to flame me? </TD></TR></TABLE>
thanks
Old 11-28-2005, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by martingouda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that was pretty much the least informative answer i have ever recived to a question in my life.

Personly i think you have no idea why you swaped to a type r other than to make your sticker that was on the car legitimate.

to do that all you have to do is give me dimentions or weights of the itr's that arn't matching the stockers.

until then i will have no respect for the JDMstyles~Premier Tuning Crew and your slogan...

"The Culture...Not the Trend.."

if that were true you would have answered the question with facts and tech info instead of emoticons and the terms 5 lug and type r in one sentence while not saying anything about the lca's at all.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
and to you....FOCK YOU i dont give a fock if i get banned for this either, for your stupid *** remark, as special ed said if you were smart enough you wouldnt have asked, and where the fock do you get off dissing my ****? go fock yourself and tell your mom i said thanks, how you like it now since im off topic like your dumb *** going from LCA to my crew, you dont know me and them, so shut the fock up, and look at your dumb *** being a hypocrite flaming me than saying this sites not for hating and such and thanks for posting
Old 11-28-2005, 09:12 PM

Default Re: (NAturalDC2)

I asked the exact same question on Honda-Acura.Net a while back. This is what I got if you wanna check it out.

http://www.honda-acura.net/for...68622
Old 11-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I duno why there's all this JDM bullshit hate going on in this thread...but to get back to the subject...

not only are these box style LCA's found on ITR's and early CRX's, they're also found on these other JDM Honda's:

EG civic + delsol , DA integra, EF civic/crx.

It's really not that big a deal to switch over to these LCA's; point is that they're made for shocks with round bottoms...
Old 12-05-2005, 07:33 AM
jag
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what is the benifit of ITR LCA's? (martingouda)

As Katman said, the Type-R LCAs are probably much lighter than the cast iron lower control arms and probably just as stiff (or stiffer).
I haven't weighed either so I'm not sure how much lighter but any loss in unsprung weight is a good thing...
Old 12-06-2005, 10:04 AM

Default Re: what is the benifit of ITR LCA's? (jag)

People always say "If Honda did it, they probably did it for a reason"--and they always think that reason has to do with performance. If they did it, they probably did it to save some money, or maybe they had some leftovers. I know that the 88 CRx and civics had the same style arm. And although the egs in this country had the "beefy" arm, all the JDM egs also shared the type-r style arm, same with the Civic and Crx sir. The only real reason I can come up with is that the alot of the cars that used the type-r style arm in Japan were higher performance models, probably with "better" shocks, perhaps it was easier for Honda to use the shocks off of those models--hence using the same or similar arm. Also, I bet alot of the JDM cars used that arm because it is lighter. I don't know for a fact if it is lighter, but I know the "standard" arms are solid, cast iron, and they are heavy. A stamped steel arm is BOUND to be lighter.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:05 AM

Default Re: what is the benifit of ITR LCA's? (d16dcoe45)

Although I have heard that the factory Showa shocks on the Type R, had different shock valving than pretty much any other honda/acura. So who knows!!
Old 12-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Suspetise...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: what is the benifit of ITR LCA's? (d16dcoe45)

Alright, let's try to clear a few things up here. First, a lot of you are saying the ITR LCA is lighter than the non-ITR LCA, when I'm almost certain exactly the opposite is the truth. I have ITR LCAs sitting around somewhere that I can weigh, and I'll pull one of my base model 'teg arms to weigh as a comparison. Second, d16dcoe, the ITR shocks are indeed different valving and come with different spring rates. That's the benefit of ITR suspension vs. base model 'teg stuff.

Quick Reply: what is the benifit of ITR LCA's?