Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weird idle? after swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 12:14 PM
official honda whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird idle? after swap

well i just put a 99 jdm type r in my 94 gsr , it has ctr porftlow'd IM and using gsr throttle body for now,
i have acouple of questions, first thing is where do your guys coolant lines go when they come out from the part under the throttle body, and also im throwing code 14 which is idle air control valve (iacv) and i cant figure out whats up, i can literally unplug it and nothing happens when its unplugged?

Old 05-19-2004, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: weird idle? after swap (coptzer)

it goes to the IACV.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: weird idle? after swap (coptzer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by coptzer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well i just put a 99 jdm type r in my 94 gsr , it has ctr porftlow'd IM and using gsr throttle body for now,
i have acouple of questions, first thing is where do your guys coolant lines go when they come out from the part under the throttle body, and also im throwing code 14 which is idle air control valve (iacv) and i cant figure out whats up, i can literally unplug it and nothing happens when its unplugged?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

You might have mixed up the IACV plug with the IAT plug, as they have the same exact style of round plug. Or you might have not plugged in the IACV plug at all or all the way (till it clicks). Double check that..