Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vx to si swap questions???

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 10:15 PM
MGD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vx to si swap questions???

I did a search but found nothing
I'm swapping out my stock vx drivetrain in favour of a 92-95 si powerplant, i have all parts including motor, tranny and computer. I'm pretty sure that most of it is plug and play but i would like to know if the O2 sensor wiring will have to be modified...if anybody can help me with any related info it would be gladly apprieciated....Thanks
Old 12-10-2002, 10:10 AM

Default Re: vx to si swap questions??? (spoontang)

When I did my d16z6 swap into my VX, I only had to change one wire for the O2 sensor, unfortunately I can't remember which wire it was exactly at the moment. I guess I'll run out to my car and see if I can figure out which wire it was (its raining ). Be back in a minute
Old 12-10-2002, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: vx to si swap questions??? (buskethead)

Damn I when i first started doing swaps I was like 15 so I didn't know **** about wiring... Anyways my one friend got a GSR and swapped that into his 95 Si so we took his old motor and put it in my other friend's '92 VX.... This was like 3 years ago and we just plugged everything straight in.... I've done many swaps since, mostly B series so I know the wiring side, but his car has been running fine and I never changed any wiring... Just curious on what you are talking about?? His car has never had a CEL either... Guess I just never figured there was anything wrong.. Latez
Old 12-10-2002, 10:23 AM

Ok, I think I can explain this in a not too confusing way....

On the passenger side shock tower in my car, there are 3 wiring harness connecter things that are all kinda stacked vertically on each other. On the bottom connector, there should be a pink and white wire coming out of the top, middle hole of the connector(on the engine side of the harness). There is also a connector from the car side of the harness that isn't plugged into anything on the engine part of the harness. There should be a blue and orange wire coming from the top left hole on that. The pink and white wire is part of the o2 wiring harness on the engine, and the blue and orange wire is part of the car wiring harness. These two wires need to be connected. I just used a quick connect style thing to hook them together and it works just fine.

I am going to go double check real quick to make sure I got the positions on the wires and everything right. And just lemme know if you need me to explain anything more.

Oh also, I have a 92 VX so if you car is a different year, it *may* require a little more wiring. And I am using the d16z6's o2 sensor.

[Modified by buskethead, 11:49 AM 12/10/2002]
Old 12-10-2002, 10:28 AM

Ok, I think that should be about right. And by the way, when I initially did the swap (before I changed the wiring) I was getting a CEL with a code 1 (o2 sensor). But the change in the wiring made everything work just dandy
Old 12-10-2002, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's cool thanks man.... I dunno I may have messed with it when i put his nitrous on.... I just cleaned up a lot of the wiring... Oh well if we don't got a CEL then it's all good... Thanks
Old 12-10-2002, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: vx to si swap questions??? (JDMspecEG6)

yep thats all you need to change on a vx harness is the o2 wiring. everything else matches up
Old 12-10-2002, 10:54 PM
MGD

Default Re: vx to si swap questions??? (JDMspecEG6)

Thank's buskethead, your info will really help me out....and thanks to all others.