Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VTEC for a 99 Integra GS

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VTEC for a 99 Integra GS

Thinking about picking up a GS integra that I saw that was incredibly clean and with low miles. Im wanting to make this a LS/VTEC project. Im pretty sure I know what parts are needed but it never hurts to have someone double check to make sure. So Im hoping you guys can let me know if im forgeting anything. I will be putting this car together to eventually be turboed (within 2-3 months after completion of the basic swap)

GSR or 99-00 SI head
ECU
Oil pump
cam gears
Wiring harness

The car is already a 5 speed so not worried about that aspect. Ive helped do total b18 swaps into civics ect before but never really delt with an LS/VTEC setup before. Im having a local import shop owner help me do the work if I decide to go thru with it but I want to have everything lined up if I do. Any help would be great. Thanks alot
Old 03-06-2005, 06:21 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: VTEC for a 99 Integra GS (Jcr1982)

cam gears should come with the head? and you'll need to run a line for the oil to the head
Old 03-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: VTEC for a 99 Integra GS (Hapexamendios EJ8)

yeah they should, thanks.

Also Ill be getting a second bottom end bored too 2.0l by benson with postons and rods. Ill be doing the valve train at the sametime. I just wanted to get it all put together and running so the car isnt down for an extended period.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:50 PM

Default Re: VTEC for a 99 Integra GS (Jcr1982)

sounds like you have a decent idea of what you want to do. you have the right idea, just make sure you replace the stock ls head and rod bolts with ARP bolts. the 99 ls has a vtec oil pump so you can leave that. you might want to get a vtec water pump which will then require you to have a gsr timing belt. Definitely get a new head gasket, rod bearings and main bearings just to be safe. To see the full benefits of lsvtec you might wanna throw some pr3, jdm itr, or ctr pistons to boost the compression. if your doing valvetrain you'll probably wanna do so high lift and duration cams. the new skunk2 pro 1s and buddy club spec 4's should fit a high compression lstec perfectly. good luck with your build.