Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

very high idle on h2b civic

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 12:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default very high idle on h2b civic

i have an eg with a jdm h22a (h2b awsome evo kit)

first off mod list so ur on the same page...stok internals, skunk2 intake manifold, ssr header, tuned on crome(@ctr dynosports). first problem when i start it up every time no matter hot or cold it idles at 2,500-3k. the skunk manny comes with a iacv relocater that is ugly and blah blah...well i put a iacv from a b series in the back of the manny because the skunk2 manny has the holes and seems to work with ample hood clearance...so my question is any one have a clue whats goin on? ohh it eventually idles down to 2k but never below and my throttle cable adjustment is maxed to close the tb. please help veterans
Old 09-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

is your fitv hooked up? (the one under the throttle body) have you pulled it apart and cleaned it if it is? if its sticking its causing a huge vacum leak...
Old 10-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fast2camciv)

i did that...and also tested the tps just for ***** and giggles(a brand new tps at that) and the voltage at idle was 4.0!!!!so basicaly my ecu was thinking i was close to full throttle at idle. so i grabed another tps i pulled of a 99 ex mani and installed, boom idle went down to 1200-1500rpm wich is better than 3000-4000rpm. im still unhappt with the idle situation but its much better ive checked about everything and next step is to hook the smoke machine up and check for a vacum leak. any other sugestions?
Old 10-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nikko_SOHC)

really sounds like your tune is wrong. b4 i had mine to i had a high idle and iratic response b4 3000. but after the tune it ran like a new car my tunner turned down my idle control screw and it idles between 500-700 like its sopposed to.

also what ecu are you running? are you running a 2 wire IACV or 3 wire? best thing is to follow the trouble shooting steps in the manual.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sicc22)

after ive been driving it with the new tps it is very responsive at low rpm's like if i barely let off the gas pedal it has a rough jolt like if i had a 6 puck in it or somthing it didnt do that b4 the new tps...idk maybe im just not usedto it runnig correctly yet haha. well as far as the iacv wire count i dont remember and i havent been under the hood in a few days but ill look and make sure tommorow. what differs between a 2 and 3 wire iacv? i am running a p72(on crome).
Old 10-04-2008, 03:01 PM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take the intake off.
Look inside the throttle body.

There is a little hole before the throttle plate, put your finger over it.
Does the idle drop to normal?

If it does , get a new TB gasket or make one that covers that hole.

Its a long shot but its something that took me 5 hours to figure out one day . .
Old 10-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nikko_SOHC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">after ive been driving it with the new tps it is very responsive at low rpm's like if i barely let off the gas pedal it has a rough jolt like if i had a 6 puck in it or somthing it didnt do that b4 the new tps...idk maybe im just not usedto it runnig correctly yet haha. well as far as the iacv wire count i dont remember and i havent been under the hood in a few days but ill look and make sure tommorow. what differs between a 2 and 3 wire iacv? i am running a p72(on crome). </TD></TR></TABLE>

2 wire is obd1 and 3 wire is obd 2. you can convert 2 to 3 but you can not convert 3 to 2. but now that i think about it that might just give you a irratic idel. try to unplug the iacv and see whats happens.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sicc22)

its is an obd1 2 wire iacv. i tried unpluging it and slight drop in idle but not enough to justify a problem or fixing somthing....idk exactly what should happen wheni unplug the map sensor but when i do idle smooths ant 800-900 rpm. right were it nedds to be. but i checked map sensor voltage and were all good there. i think i need to hunt a vacum leak....thanks guys and any more ideas will be great ive made alot of progress so far getting closr to a great runnig car
Old 10-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

did you do what 2fastgsr said if not do it
Old 10-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LA_HONDAS)

not yet ive been movin for a few days hella busy...im getting back on the chase tommorow...
Old 10-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i got back on it today and found thatthe passage in the tb i was told to plug goes to the iacv so i plugged with finger idled down alsmost intantly. so i tried just removing the iacv and instaling the the plate skunk2 gives you with the manifold to just bypass the iacv instead of making a gasket. it worked but only with the iacv plugged in even not attatched to the mani....so i though about it got a piece of gasket paper and cut it to plug the iacv holes in the back of the mani so i didnt have to remove tb and make a gasket or remove the iacv you cant even tell its plugged by looking and it looks a whole lot cleaner that that plate provided....problem solved. so far at least. now onto comlete jdm interior install i picked it up last eekend at n1concepts dirt cheap!!!