Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

upadated pix of the work done... H22EK --56k SORRRRRRY--

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default upadated pix of the work done... H22EK --56k SORRRRRRY--

for those of u that didnt know, i have been doing some work to the car, and now except for working out some bugs. even though i have the car running now, im not quiet done with this phase of my project....

heres some pix:
new hasport mounts. out with the old place racing.

new act 6puck/ new act prolight flywheel weighed in at right under 10.5 lbs

new DSS . had raxles in there(1 was bad)sent them back, got new ones. raxles quality but raxles customer service

VAFC

black painted exhaust pipe

tokico blue/ progress h22/civc springs / dss

tite spot.. *ouch*

custom fuel line by local hose supply store

what yall think?

Old 06-16-2004, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: upadated pix of the work done... H22EK --56k SORRRRRRY-- (hondaZvic)

[hick voice] Yur swaps purdy [/hick voice]

Looks sweet. Everyone gets those tight spots. Damn you, you have a place to mount your map sensor!
Old 06-16-2004, 02:28 PM

Default Re: upadated pix of the work done... H22EK --56k SORRRRRRY-- (hondaZvic)

dayam that thing has changed.
Old 06-16-2004, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: upadated pix of the work done... H22EK --56k SORRRRRRY-- (poison)

looking good man now come help me my cars fawked
Old 06-16-2004, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: upadated pix of the work done... H22EK --56k SORRRRRRY-- (Cjsls)

Run a bit shorter belt to give you more clearance.

Thing looks sweet. Now, ship me your bike and I will tell the track times I do on it.
Old 06-16-2004, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: upadated pix of the work done... H22EK --56k SORRRRRRY-- (turbogixxer)

man.. i went from a 37incher to a 36.5... told me they would have to order the 36. didnt wanna wait... i may order it now.. that i have it running...

the cars good so far.... except the clutch.. im not sure if its acting rite or funny.. never had a 6 puck before.. seems like when i down shift while im just cruising around.. (slow shifting in other words) while im moving the clutch around, the car seems to shake. and when im going in reverse. the car seems to not be as smooth as it should be.... any ideas?

oh. and the car shakes quiet a bit at 70ish miles per hour.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Now, ship me your bike and I will tell the track times I do on it. </TD></TR></TABLE>
ok will do.

*pphhtt*
Old 06-16-2004, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaZvic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the cars good so far.... except the clutch.. im not sure if its acting rite or funny.. never had a 6 puck before.. seems like when i down shift while im just cruising around.. (slow shifting in other words) while im moving the clutch around, the car seems to shake. and when im going in reverse. the car seems to not be as smooth as it should be.... any ideas?

oh. and the car shakes quiet a bit at 70ish miles per hour. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Does the pedal shake at alll when releasing the clutch?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaZvic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok will do.

*pphhtt*</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hopely by the end of the week or beginning next wekk, I should have a race 02 750
Old 06-16-2004, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: upadated pix of the work done... H22EK --56k SORRRRRRY-- (turbogixxer)

umm.. no i havent noticed the pedal shaking... ill try to notice if it is tomorrow.

o2 750?. nice.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:01 AM

Clutch is just breaking in. When I first got my ACT installed it would engage harsh. After a while its smooth like butter.. Just drive and enjoy..
Old 06-17-2004, 10:08 AM

on your exhaust were you able to get a cat and resonator on there ?if no cat will it pass emisions? if no resonator is it really loud ? i may have some questions for you in the future. keep up the posts and pics
Old 06-17-2004, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: upadated pix of the work done... H22EK --56k SORRRRRRY-- (integr8er)

well.
-i have a cat, on there.. but its hollow, in fact, im thinking of deleting it with just a straight pipe from the header back.
-umm.. no. i already got rid of the resonator.
-prolly wont pass emissions. (but i really dont care, no emissions test here anyway)
-it is REALLY REALLY LOUD. ok for around town. but traveling.. at 70mph. it just gives me a migraine.

here are some better shots of the exhaust. these are before i painted it black obviously:

Old 06-17-2004, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Does the pedal shake at alll when releasing the clutch?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

no it doesnt. just the car, this is only when i shift slow.. if i shift fast, its all good...

should i be worried?
Old 06-17-2004, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

swap looks good man...
Old 06-17-2004, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaZvic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">should i be worried?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Drive some more and see if it gets better
Old 06-18-2004, 12:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

gotcha.

ps.
ok ok.. ill let it goo.........
*dam* and man.. i was tryin sooo hard not to be mean to that guy, i know he means well, but **** if he would have never cuss at me, i would have had no problem... (but i was still very very nice)
Old 06-18-2004, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaZvic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">gotcha.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I like to bleed the clutch line just to make sure that there is no air in it. Hondas have a problem with air getting in the clutch line.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaZvic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ps.
ok ok.. ill let it goo.........
*dam* and man.. i was tryin sooo hard not to be mean to that guy, i know he means well, but **** if he would have never cuss at me, i would have had no problem... (but i was still very very nice)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, but it is only the internet. When people call me names, I stop repling.

F-series &gt; D15b &gt; h22a
Old 06-18-2004, 05:16 PM

So other than new axles and mounts, what else do you need for an h22\ek swap?
Old 06-18-2004, 08:04 PM

what do u think of a high flow cat worth wasting any money on? but if i use a cat will i be able to use the resonator?????? or should i say screw it and scrap it all .do you have any track figures yet
Old 06-19-2004, 01:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: upadated pix of the work done... H22EK --56k SORRRRRRY-- (integr8er)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BME1986 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So other than new axles and mounts, what else do you need for an h22\ek swap?</TD></TR></TABLE>
if ur doing it urself... basic hand tools, some wiring skills, , a buddy or 2(helps alot), sawzawl (sp?), cherry picker, jack stands, breaker bar prolly, torque wrench is nice too, don't forget a garage, umm... ur shifter and cables, the right ecu, conversion harness maybe, resistor box maybe,... thats enough to get u started.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integr8er &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what do u think of a high flow cat worth wasting any money on? but if i use a cat will i be able to use the resonator?????? or should i say screw it and scrap it all .do you have any track figures yet </TD></TR></TABLE>
the cat is in front of the resonator, most people i think if they do custom exhaust usually dump the resonator.. i did anyway... the cat i think is up to u. if u need one(emissions testing) u might go with a high flow, however emissions is not a problem for me.. and i just gutted my cat hollow..., or i know some who have deleted all of it. and just run straight pipe from the header back...

as for track figures.. that will be up after i get to a dyno w/ some major tuning.. sorry.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:51 AM

thanks for all the info , if you do any upgrades keep me informned on what you get the best results from, and i will do like wise. want to be in low 12,s to high 11,s is that asking too much
Old 06-24-2004, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i think it depends on how u get there.. i want the same numbers.. but i plan on doing it by turbo. i've heard of h22/civics doing that with basic bolt ons and nos.....
nos would be cheaper... but turbo is way more expensive.. i dunno.. i like the turbo route better.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:04 AM

your car is a coupe mine is a hatch it should be a little easier for me to get there.i was thinking on building my own turbo system, i have a turbo off of a 3000gt but not sure what the boost level is set at and if it will be upgradeable.i have a budget of chips and dip but want caviar performance so !!!! got turbo for free so i got to try it , hopefully with good results, but until i get all parts necessary i will stick with 80 shot of nos it works well...later
Old 06-27-2004, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey Zane...Nice updates. your car really is going through some changes. You gonna help me with a K20 swap? This is Rey.

Oh yea - need you Addy in Lubbock - Jewel and I are getting married in November.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: upadated pix of the work done... H22EK --56k SORRRRRRY-- (K I O K E N)

wassup rey!!!!!!!!!
yeah i know, congrats.

u getting a k20?

sent u a pm.