Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Type S h22a/Civic HB.. List of components??

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Type S h22a/Civic HB.. List of components??

Okay as soon as I find a good candidate for a engine transmission I will be working on doing this swap. I just wante to confirm a few things before I start to gather up the parts and such.. So far while doing research I have come across many different setups an styles, but none really for this type of application so any help would be greatly appreciated..
92 - 95 Honda Civic HB
98 JDM Prelude S-type Engine
Either HCP or Hasport Motor mounts (Give recommendations on the better of the two and why)
Shift linkage from my 91 Accord
Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley kit (Red)
JDM P13 ECU

That is what I have so far.. Looking for some good ideas on what else I would need to get this at least running for now with room for improvement later on...

Brakes - ??
Suspension - ?? (Could Accord struts and springs be used on HB)
Header - JDM one has whole is flexpipe (Need brands that work)
Exhaust - Custom or pre-fabbed??

Thanks in advance..

Old 04-17-2002, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Type S h22a/Civic HB.. List of components?? (Jason kiDD)

I prefer the HCP kit by far over the Hasport. The main reason is that the Hasport right side motor mount hangs by two 10mm bolts off of the original mounting position of the front right stabilizer mount; in my opinion it isn't the most suitable location to place the weight of the engine. The HCP kit utilizes the original body mount of the Civic. This is much stronger and has less of a chance of the bolts shearing.
You are also going to need a slim radiator fan, and custom axles. Most axle rebuilders can build you an axle for about the same price as if you were to build your own out of Integra and Prelude parts. You will need to make a custom fuel injection feed line, a fuel return line and a short hydraulic line for the clutch slave cylinder.
We do tons of Prelude swaps so if you have any questions let me know.
Old 04-18-2002, 05:47 AM

Default Re: Type S h22a/Civic HB.. List of components?? (Holeshot)

Hey thanks for the reply. Most people say that they actually perfer the Hasport mounts becuase they seemingly are better quality and they allow you to use the intermediate shaft from an accord and integra axles..

Do you have any pictures of setups with HCP mounts up close.. Damn I wish I could really see them in person.. They are like half the price of the Hasports but you need custom axles to get them to work properly..

But I will be trying to get more information from you soon, bout to go look at a 92 HB today to see if its in good condition to purchase..
Old 04-18-2002, 07:01 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

if you haven't already, convert that motor ot obd1
Old 04-18-2002, 07:08 AM

Default Re: Type S h22a/Civic HB.. List of components?? (GraphiteAccord)

Actually the motor is pretty much setup already. I had it in my 91 Accord before but had a bad accident that totalled the car. So now I am trying to do something new and different. Although few have tried before...

98 Type S engine, LSD tranny, CM Flywheel, ACT Extreme Street Clutch.
And all the bells and whistles..
Old 04-18-2002, 12:47 PM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have any pictures of setups with HCP mounts up close.. Damn I wish I could really see them in person.. They are like half the price of the Hasports but you need custom axles to get them to work properly..
http://www.JDMshit.com/h22a-clearance

I've been running HCP mounts for over 4 years now on all of my cars. Never any cutting or welding needed - with the HASport kit, you have to hack of the passenger side frame rail mount and bolt on a new piece... not too sturdy IMO. Email me if you have any questions.

Old 04-18-2002, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Type S h22a/Civic HB.. List of components?? (Newman)

lol Good to see you standing by your product. Like I said gimme a few days and I will let you know what is up indefinately.. Do you have that racing mount available for the EG as well or is that only for the ek??
Old 04-18-2002, 02:10 PM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a front crossbar available but not really for sale just yet. I'm testing out one on my car... running into clearance issues. But otherwise, with just 3 mounts alone, the motor does NOT move at all, and there zero vibration.... very sturdy mounts.

Old 04-18-2002, 06:13 PM
New User

nice choice on building a 2.2 hatch! Its a good feeling to know your one of the fastest cars on the road, let alone an all motor civic

I'm pretty sure your jdm p13 ecu has a speed gov, but who would want to go that fast anyways because its dangerous and illegal blah blah blah.
Old 04-19-2002, 08:07 AM

Default Re: Type S h22a/Civic HB.. List of components?? (2.2 guy)

lol yeah I know what you mean. I used to hit that damn governer in all gears, its annoying sometimes but it keeps ya honest. Hopefully a Hondata setup will help me bypass that and get more tuning done... And thanks for the info Newman, as soon as I find a good donor I will contact you..
Old 11-07-2002, 05:03 PM
Trial User

sorry to bring this back up, but someone said that custom axles are needed with the HCP mounts, and someone said that they weren't needed... are they?