Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to find out exactly what is needed to swap b16a1 into 88 CRX Si

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to find out exactly what is needed to swap b16a1 into 88 CRX Si

I already have a strong running b16a1 total swap sitting around waiting to be used. Now I am looking at a 88 CRX Si. I have heard several different versions of what is needed to make this swap work comepletely.

My understanding si that the MPFI in the Si will work fine with the engine. I know I will need new motor mounts with the tranny conversion. If either of these assumptions are incorrect please let me know.

Now, what I dont know is what is needed to make the wiring work, both engine and car are obd 0, correct? So what is needed to make the two work together. The other thing I have been told by someone is that the car will need a new slim fit radiator, but only one person has brought this up, so I dont know if its entirely accurate or not.

If there is anything else I am not factoring in PLEASE let me know. For all you Searchers out there, know that I have researched all that I can at this point, at least with the words I would commonly associate with these issues. My questions now appear, at least to me, very directed in nature and require specific answers from an experienced wrench, so please, no one say "go search".

As always, thanks!