Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny noise while decellerating and other issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny noise while decellerating and other issues

I recently had a shop do a USDM GSR swap in my 95 VX hatchback, and I've got a few issues.

When I either downshift and decellerate, or just get off the gas and decellerate, the transmission makes a whiney, grinding noise. When I'm cruising at a constant speed or accellerating, the noise goes away. Could it be a shift linkage problem, or is it more likely a problem internal to the tranny?

My speedometer still works funny. Before my swap, it would sometimes drop to 0 or bounce around wildly, and it hasn't gotten better or worse. I think I might need a new gauge cluster.

My tachometer jumps around a little bit, but hovers around the accurate reading with the new motor. I'm not sure what could be causing this.

The engine doesn't warm up properly. Since the coolant system has been properly burped, I suspect that the thermostat might be stuck.

Finally, after taking it for one test drive, it won't start anymore, and I don't hear any sort of fuel pump sond when I turn the ignition to "ON". Could my stock VX pump have given up the ghost after only a short test drive?

My sixth and final issue is that I live in Wisconsin, and my swap just got done in time to garage the car for the winter, which is no fun at all. I guess I've got plenty of time to fix the other problems now.

Any help is much appreciated with any of these issues. Thanks for reading!
Old 12-13-2003, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tranny noise while decellerating and other issues (jazzman)

it's a internal problem in the tranny, could be input shaft, bearing lots of things, but for sure it's coming from inside the tranny