Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

total noob to this! B20 swap need ecu.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 05:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default total noob to this! B20 swap need ecu.

Hey guys and gals, this is my first post ever on honda tech and I need some serious advice. I recently came into ownership of a very incomplete B20 vtec swap (by VERY incomplete I mean the thing is in literal pieces in my bedroom and missing a lot of parts; 1 piston, intake mani, exhaust header, gaskets, ecu*, and loads of nuts and bolts) so my first question and the one that's wearing on my mind the most is A. What ecu do I use for an engine that has parts from a B20B and a B16a? (no clue if its a 1 or 5 series but it has stage 2 BC cams) and B. Am I gonna need to build a custom wireing harness for all the sensors or is there a pre fab out there somewhere or what one would work best? Like I said total noob to this, I'm gonna have a lot more questions when I start putting this thing back together lol
Old 05-14-2015, 11:35 AM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: total noob to this! B20 swap need ecu.

Every single question and much, MUCH more is covered in the link below. You need to read through the entire thing. Seriously read it, then ask questions but chances are you won't have any left and if you do then you didn't read the whole thing.

Most people here get very upset when n00bs like yourself ask the same questions that have been repeatedly answered a million times before. It's a Honda, almost everything has been done before and is well documented. Also, this isn't the right section for these questions, you need to refer to whatever your car is or the N/A section. This sub-forum is for EMS and EMS tuning. Good luck.

https://honda-tech.com/all-motor-nat...0vtec-1676914/
Old 05-15-2015, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: total noob to this! B20 swap need ecu.

Awesome, thanks. I'll be sure to post in the right section next time.