Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

There are still some good businesses out there!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 04:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default There are still some good businesses out there!

Recently I have noticed more and more post regarding shady business practices and complaints against the companies that we trust to supply our parts that we work hard to be able to afford. In light of this I felt like I should take a minute to relay to you my dealings with RyWire.com out of San Jose, California.

I purchased an OBD2a to OBD2b conversion harness from them for $135.00, a relatively inexpensive part necessary for any swap, roughly 2 months before actually completing my swap. My basic swap consisted of a 99 B16 going into a 96 DX coupe, with the swap completed the last item on the list was to install the conversion harness and ECU. The car started up and ran great for about 10 minutes then we lost the tach signal and timing was being pulled like crazy. I went straight for the distributor, grabbed another one installed it and came up with the same results. As luck would have it I had a second P2T ECU on the shelf, changed the ECU out and still came up empty handed. It was getting late so we called it a night and came back to finish it up in the morning. After removing the engine harness for a thorough inspection came up with nothing. I decided to reinstall the harness and started scratching my head at this point. I called up a buddy and grabbed an OBD2a P72 ECU from a GSR. After removing the conversion harness the P72 was installed and the car fired right off and ran like a champ.

I found the problem to be a bad conversion harness, but my concern was that I had purchased the harness more than 60 days prior to installing it and finding the issue. I emailed both Ryan and Peter of RyWire.com to alert them to the issue, not really sure what would come of it. Within the next day or so I received an email from Ryan asking if I would send the harness back to them which I did. The day after I received a phone call and email from Peter letting me know that they would not only inspect the harness and repair it but that they were also going to express mail it back to me the day they received it as well as credit me back $20.oo for the inconvenience and shipping charges I incurred sending it back to them.

It is great to know that there are still a few companies in this growing market who hold customers up high and wish to continue to do business in a respectable manor. I cannot thank them enough and also highly recommend for everyone in need of wiring harnesses and conversion harness to look no further than RyWire.com
Old 03-23-2007, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: There are still some good businesses out there! (firetech)

This is what separates the men from the boys.