Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Testpipe.com = bad customer service + bad product support. (long)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Testpipe.com = bad customer service + bad product support. (long)

Bought a testpipe from these guys several weeks ago for a 95GSR. Told them it was completely stock and need something that will bolt right up.
Lady says, no problem and will send it.

Got the the product and it was wrong.
1. It did not have an O2 bung.
2. The pipe is 2.5 inches and does not fit the stock manifold. (too big... does not seal).

Called them and they told me to send it back and they will replace it. Spent $10 for UPS to california (ground shipping).
Lady I talked to said she will send check for 5 bucks to cover shipping charge.

Almost three weeks later, the replacement arrives (no 5 bucks refund). Looks like it would fit. Guest what.....IT DOES NOT FIT!!. WTF!. The rear flange is slightly smaller and of the three holes, only 2 wholes lines up to the exhaust pipe flange.
Called up testpipe.com again and explained the the situation.
Guy tells me to send the product back and they would give me a refund. I explained that it takes $10 to send the stuff back and this is the second time and would like a guarantee that it would fit or at least pay for the reutrn shipment then refund me the money.

The guy I was talking to was rude and told me that if did not like the product send it back and I was NOT getting a refund until they recieve it and they are NOT paying for the shipping. He said I must do whatever it takes to make it fit even if it means going to a muffler shop to do it.
That defeats the whole purpose of buying a "bolt-on" product.

I also explained to him that there were some instances that poeple in Honda-TECH forum was unhappy with their service ( hoping he would reconsider his actions).
He just laughs and says I am only one of the few and there are thousands who wants and buys their product.

Anyway, I told the guy that they leave me no choice but to call VISA and ask them for the refund. They guy threatens me and told me that he would "black list" my credit card number and post it over cyber space.

I few bucks lost on my side is no big deal. Its not going to make me poor and I can always get a new Credit card number from Visa. (Sent a letter to visa about this)

But I am posting this in the forum so that everyone who reads this will think twice before dealing with TESTPIPE.COM

[Modified by johnd, 10:05 PM 8/12/2002]
Old 08-12-2002, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Testpipe.com = bad customer service + bad product support. (johnd)

Damn man
Old 08-12-2002, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Testpipe.com = bad customer service + bad product support. (97hb)

My test pipe from them was too long and had to take it to a muffler shop to make it shorter....
Old 08-13-2002, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Testpipe.com = bad customer service + bad product support. (futuresi)

yes, their **** really, really, really sucks! i bought a piece of **** from them that isnt worth the spare change to recycle it. u really need to post this in the best buy forum and get the word out.

testpipes.com=
Old 08-13-2002, 10:19 PM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Testpipe.com = bad customer service + bad product support. (johnd)

how odd

i bought one from them
it fit perfect, i ordered friday and received it on tuesday.
i would order from them again in a minute...
Old 08-14-2002, 06:29 AM

Default Re: Testpipe.com = bad customer service + bad product support. (v4lu3s)

I still have mine, never got a chance to install it at all. The welding wasnt of the best quality but they did send it out promptly..
Old 08-14-2002, 06:43 AM

Default Re: Testpipe.com = bad customer service + bad product support. (Jason kiDD)

Hmmm, and I was considering ordering a pipe from them for a temporary install. Thanks for posting this

Sorry for your losses though
Old 08-14-2002, 08:10 AM

Default Re: Testpipe.com = bad customer service + bad product support. (SLPR)

You can make a test pipe of similar quality using auto zone parts for about $12. You can either use clamps to hold the three pieces together, or go to a muff shop and pay them $10 or so to weld it.

I don't have the part numbers, but if you go there you can find the parts in their little exhaust section. They're the only parts store that I personally know of that sells premade flares for the header end.

Sorry slightly off topic, but it may help you avoid dealing with them.

*** if you need the O2 bung, you'd be looking a slightly more work, and probably a little more cost because that would need to be welded too.

[Modified by therealciviczc, 5:10 PM 8/14/2002]
Old 08-14-2002, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Testpipe.com = bad customer service + bad product support.

I met this guy yesterday at a local import meet who got screwed up bad by testpipe.com. He was so pissed with them he said he was going to file complaints in the Better Business Bureau.... and I thought I had it bad.

I told him to post his experience here at the forum so people would know.

Anyway, to future potential customers of Testpipes, Testpipe.com goes as MITCHELL MUFFLER in MODESTO, CA.

[Modified by johnd, 2:17 PM 8/14/2002]