Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

temper mental b18c5 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default temper mental b18c5 coupe

a few days ago i go in to the garage to start the coupe so it can warm up while i get ready and it just doesn't want to stay started, it will turn over and idle for 5-10 seconds then die, This happens about 6 or 7 times. im not getting a CEL and the s200 led is solid. i pull the ecu and set it inside to look at later.
I take the beater instead and when i get home i try again, it is still not starting at all now so i pump the gas a little and lo and behold it starts. i let the car idle for a min or two.
i kill it and start it again and its fine, cold idling no cel.. perfect. i walk down the driveway to get the trash and it almost sounds like the car starts to miss and hiccup and it has a very bad idle. i get back to the car and its thrown a code so i kill it
This happens a few more times until i get annoyed and go inside for the night.
the next morning i start my hunt and start with my interface cable and the cel now goes away and the car runs for most of the day until i get gas. I fill up at shell with 93 and not but 3 min down the road while driving the CEL comes on and the car starts to hiccup, i have no throttle response and the car does not want to go more than 40 or 45 mph so i rush it home stopping every 2 min. and now the car is back to not wanting to turn over but it will crank.
Id like sum opinions and routes for me to go with this. electronic issues make me wanna