Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swaped b18b1 into ek does not start

Old 08-29-2018, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Swaped b18b1 into ek does not start

I have a 96 ek civic I bought a running Acura from a friend of mine it ran perfect before I started to take it apart anyways it sat around for about 1 month while I got parts for the swap and the engine once it came time to swap my engine I did everything correct I think I used the civic wiring harness and the Acura ECU everything plugged in fine I had a mechanic check it where I work he said everything seemed fine but now it does not start the timing belt is good and TDC is right we did a compression test and they all came out to have 0 compression the engine seems to have spark and also fuel going into it what could it be that itís not starting
Old 08-31-2018, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Swaped b18b1 into ek does not start

compression test and they all came out to have 0 compression
typo?
Old 09-01-2018, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Feriohhh View Post
typo?
my bad all the cylinders came out to have no compression
Old 09-01-2018, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

With zero compression in all four cylinders... you are either out of mechanical time, you have a really tight valve adjustment or the engine is crap.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JRCivic1 View Post
With zero compression in all four cylinders... you are either out of mechanical time, you have a really tight valve adjustment or the engine is crap.
This.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: